Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Ya now i am planning my vacation around snow melt. First thing i am going to do is Wild Bill since that is in

Lol Thanks for the encouragement just what i need people egging me on to spend lol. Anyone want some factory take off rims? I am tired of them in my garage and dont want to throw them away...
Rubicon take offs? I need some. Where are you located?
Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Imo no. Your geometry would be fucked. I'd say the bare minimum is the basic kit plus something to correct front caster. A geo bracket at the absolute bare minimum. Your axles will also not be centered in the frame, which would require track bars or track bar brackets.

You don't have to go "full send" the way I did....but I'd go with the Fabtech complete kit. NorthRidge sells it considerably cheaper than retail. At least then the truck will drive right, with quality components. You can lift a Mojave just fine without ruining it.....but you can ruin it quickly by lifting it incorrectly. We want it to be taller and drive more gooder-er, not more worser-er.... $.02
I have the 3.5 MetalCloak kit on mine, and it absolutely drives better than stock, with the stock shocks, and adding the Metalcloak springs, its an amazing combo. And they can add the quick disconnect front sway bar brackets with the kit as well.

IMG_0335.JPEG

IMG_0336.JPEG

IMG_0337.JPEG

IMG_0334.JPEG

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I have the 3.5 MetalCloak kit on mine, and it absolutely drives better than stock, with the stock shocks, and adding the Metalcloak springs, its an amazing combo. And they can add the quick disconnect front sway bar brackets with the kit as well.

IMG_0335.JPEG

IMG_0336.JPEG

IMG_0337.JPEG

IMG_0334.JPEG
Looks good! I did the MC sway disconnect on mine.

What did you use to extend the stock shocks?

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I am not the Mechanic that you are... I use a local shop called ATO (Auto Truck Outfitters in Baltimore)

but I bought this kit

https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-3-5-game-changer-suspension.html
Not familiar with that shop, but that means zero. Do yourself a quick favor and look at the bottom of your shock. If you dont have an extension that effectively makes your shock longer to match the lift height, you’re outside the bypass zone of the shock and deep into the bump zone.

Follow the shock to it’s bottom where it connects to the axle. If there isnt something attached thats making the shock 3-3.5” longer, Id recommend adding something.

Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Not familiar with that shop, but that means zero. Do yourself a quick favor and look at the bottom of your shock. If you dont have an extension that effectively makes your shock longer to match the lift height, you’re outside the bypass zone of the shock and deep into the bump zone.

Follow the shock to it’s bottom where it connects to the axle. If there isnt something attached thats making the shock 3-3.5” longer, Id recommend adding something.
yeah there are two reinforced metalcloak gusseted brackets one on top and one on bottom

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
@mellendic

Give some thought to drilling those shock mounts out slightly and fitting the stock bore size bolts for mojave. Might be nothing, id just worry about the bolt not filling the hole. The mounts themselves and that lift look awesome though man. đź‘Ś

C6F18EEF-68EE-4E84-B7AD-28358DE8A47A.jpeg

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
still like your choice of wheels and tires, right up my alley!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I am driving my Mojave with a 450 lb canopy camper, steel bumpers, and a winch. The sag is too much so I am having bags installed on the rear but I fear it will not be enough, so I am now looking at a lift and 35s. I talked to the guys at Clayton about it a little but need to do more research.

I noticed some of you guys have just bought a full kit and some have pieced it together with different brands. Do you find that a combination of Fabtech, Clayton and others is really better, is it a price issue, or something else? I really do not know much about lifting a truck so it will be going to the shop to have it done and do not want to get taken advantage of.

I drive around 25k miles a year so the ride is important. If I had known I was going to install the camper when I bought the truck, I probably would have bought a Rubicon.

edited to add:
on the Fabtech basic lift it has this
  • Front & Rear Dual Rate Coil Springs
  • Fox Shock Extension Brackets
  • Fox Hydraulic Bump Stop Spacers
  • Front & Rear Sway Bar Links
  • Free 5 Year 60,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty

The Fabtech trail kit has this
  • Front 1.75" OD .250 wall Link Arms
  • Rear 2.0" OD .313 wall Link Arms
  • Fox Shock Extension Mounts
  • Fox Hydraulic Bump Stop Mounts
  • Draglink Flip Kit
  • Front & Rear Track Bar Bracket
what does all thes extra stuff do? And yes, I do drive off-road so maintaining the suspension capability is important.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Regarding those shock brackets, it looks like they made the bolt hole elongated.
I would check on how the brake line and ABS wire bracket, it looks like it is disconnected from the lower spring pad and just laying there. If that is the case it should be secured.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I am driving my Mojave with a 450 lb canopy camper, steel bumpers, and a winch. The sag is too much so I am having bags installed on the rear but I fear it will not be enough, so I am now looking at a lift and 35s. I talked to the guys at Clayton about it a little but need to do more research.

I noticed some of you guys have just bought a full kit and some have pieced it together with different brands. Do you find that a combination of Fabtech, Clayton and others is really better, is it a price issue, or something else? I really do not know much about lifting a truck so it will be going to the shop to have it done and do not want to get taken advantage of.

I drive around 25k miles a year so the ride is important. If I had known I was going to install the camper when I bought the truck, I probably would have bought a Rubicon.

edited to add:
on the Fabtech basic lift it has this
  • Fox Shock Extension Brackets
  • Fox Hydraulic Bump Stop Spacers
  • Free 5 Year 60,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty

The Fabtech trail kit has this
  • Front 1.75" OD .250 wall Link Arms
  • Rear 2.0" OD .313 wall Link Arms
  • Fox Shock Extension Mounts
  • Fox Hydraulic Bump Stop Mounts
  • Draglink Flip Kit
  • Front & Rear Track Bar Bracket
what does all thes extra stuff do? And yes, I do drive off-road so maintaining the suspension capability is important.
I did a mix match because FabTech made springs specific for our shocks and it was set up for 37’s. But man its tall. Its 3” over stock, so 4” over rubicon. So then I added the rest of the lift parts I wanted.

Are you committed to the airbag install yet?

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I did a mix match because FabTech made springs specific for our shocks and it was set up for 37’s. But man its tall. Its 3” over stock, so 4” over rubicon. So then I added the rest of the lift parts I wanted.

Are you committed to the airbag install yet?
That makes sense. I only want a 2”, maybe 2.5” lift. Anything over that would be too much for me.

I have already purchased the bags. I was going to install them this weekend but was not able to get them compressed enough to slip them between the coil gaps and really did not want to take the coils off, so I will have the shop do it.

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Great thread! I guess the consensus is that the Fabtech 2" is more like a 3+" lift, then?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Great thread! I guess the consensus is that the Fabtech 2" is more like a 3+" lift, then?
For sure. Looks like 3” front and 2” rear. I added a 3/4” rear spacer to mine.
Sponsored