Sponsored

Looking for opinions about Rubicon replacement shocks for AEV spacer lift kit install

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've been running the AEV Spacer lift (2inch) for 12K miles with no problems on 37s on my Rubicon. Looking to replace the floaty factory stock Rubicon shocks with literally, anything better. I suspect I won't need anything longer than the factor specs. Looking for recommendations. Thanks.
Sponsored

Stupidjerkface

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Production Manager @ Seadek marine products
I've been running the AEV Spacer lift (2inch) for 12K miles with no problems on 37s on my Rubicon. Looking to replace the floaty factory stock Rubicon shocks with literally, anything better. I suspect I won't need anything longer than the factor specs. Looking for recommendations. Thanks.
How do you like the AEV spacer lift? I've been deliberating picking one up.

OP
OP
RidinDirty

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
How do you like the AEV spacer lift? I've been deliberating picking one up.
As with most AEV stuff, it is quality. I haven’t had any issues with it. Maintains stock ride feel for the most part - but on the rubicon shocks, it kinda sucks that’s why I’m looking for different shocks. This is not an AEV issue at all.
As mainly a daily it’s a good compromise. For off road trails, haven’t had any issues and have done some fairly difficult ones without any issues.

Stupidjerkface

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Production Manager @ Seadek marine products
As with most AEV stuff, it is quality. I haven’t had any issues with it. Maintains stock ride feel for the most part - but on the rubicon shocks, it kinda sucks that’s why I’m looking for different shocks. This is not an AEV issue at all.
As mainly a daily it’s a good compromise. For off road trails, haven’t had any issues and have done some fairly difficult ones without any issues.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
You can probably get a set of Bilstien 5100s for 2”-3” lift and removed the shock extensions for $400 for all 4. Decent shocks only downside is they corrode badly in salty areas as they have a steel body. Decent shocks though provide lots of dampening.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Personally I plan on an adjustable shock with remote reservoir when I get tired of the Fox shocks that came with my Rubi.
Right now they are rare as hens teeth and the waiting period is stretching longer every day.

OP
OP
RidinDirty

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Personally I plan on an adjustable shock with remote reservoir when I get tired of the Fox shocks that came with my Rubi.
Right now they are rare as hens teeth and the waiting period is stretching longer every day.
Yeah, adjustables are nice. Something I'd consider if I went with more than just a spacer lift.

And you are right, finding parts is damn hard. I was able to procure a set of Falcon 2.1 SP2s. Hopefully my seller won't balk. :)
Sponsored