Sponsored

Made a bonehead move...worse than cheating on my wife...

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm looking at buying a Ram, something with a V8 in it. I love my JT but I want something that has some growl when I drive it as well. My 2017 mustang 5.0 gives me some growl but doesn't carry enough people. As soon as I find the right one I'll be buying one, but I'm keeping my JT as well, I'm never getting rid of that Truck, Jeep combo, that would be crazy.
You can buy my Ram! V8 Hemi, black, only 350 miles
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I do miss my raptor that preceded the gladiator but I still love the gladiator and wouldn't want to miss it. I miss the space in the cabin, ride comfort and power of the raptor on the highway. But I like the look and feel of the gladiator interior, it's compact size and rock crawling chops and everything that happens off pavement. Point being I miss my old truck too.

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I used to have buyers remorse after I got the Gladiator since the new rams are so nice. It didn't help that my co-worker got a new rebel fully loaded. All that pain went away the first time I took the doors off for the weekend. That's an experience that can't be replaced by any other truck on the market. I no longer have buyer's remorse.

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I traded my Ram for the Gladiator. But don't feel bad because the RAM is an AWESOME truck. I loved the interior space. To top it off you bought a Laramie, which is an awesome trim level with a lot of bells and whistles.

Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
As for the manual vs. auto, guess the question would be what do you want to use the truck for and who do you want to be able to drive it?

Honestly, I slightly regret getting the manual - it's a good transmission and I love using it - but having it cuts off the experience of driving the Gladiator for my wife and my young teen drivers. And when I start to use it on the trail, I'm expecting that it won't be as easy or relaxed as the auto and that one day I'll want to regear to make it better.

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
As for the manual vs. auto, guess the question would be what do you want to use the truck for and who do you want to be able to drive it?

Honestly, I slightly regret getting the manual - it's a good transmission and I love using it - but having it cuts off the experience of driving the Gladiator for my wife and my young teen drivers. And when I start to use it on the trail, I'm expecting that it won't be as easy or relaxed as the auto and that one day I'll want to regear to make it better.
Funny thing is, getting the manual scored another bonus point for me so my wife couldn’t drive it!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I was all set to get the new bronco. Had a deposit since the first night it was release. I was watching every video that came out and was so excited. Then in august we got the bug to buy a travel trailer, which I always wanted is to get. Ended up getting one too heavy for the bronco. I new what I wanted instead, the gladiator. But I was worried I was going to have bronco FOMO.

I do not have FOMO at all. The gladiator has turned out to be one impressive truck. The only thing I think I’ll miss is that ford twin turbo v6. But the gladiator v6 does the job.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Just adding that the manual is awesome. Ive not had a lot of wheeling time with it, but as a daily, its smooth and slick shifting. The wide spaced gears just make it for a comfortable and lazy shift when running around town.
6th is almost useless unless almost dead flat. But whatever. Its a bonus MPG try, or really high speed interstate 70+.
At the end of he day its a Jeep. Its not a tower of power nor efficiency. The stick is smooth and well done enough that it’s almost ceremonial to pick a gear and have fun. Thats all. Have fun!!

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Happy with my manual JTR. As others have said 6th is a really tall gear and rarely used if there are any hills. If you're not getting the Rubi w/the 4.10 gears, I would definitely spend some time driving one if it had the 3.73s. Clutch is extremely soft but I've gotten used to it. Gear changes are effortless up and down. I really enjoy driving mine and so does my wife, 21yo son and 19yo daughter. Fortunately my kids are in college 4-5 hours from home.

Sponsored

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I LOVE the manual trans, very smooth and LAZY like some of the other guys said. Honestly I like to be around 2000 to 2300 RPM when on the freeway so it stays in fourth ALOT. 5th and 6th are more like a guideline than an actual rule.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
In a moment of pure weakness and thinking I needed a full-size truck for the space (kids, house, etc.) I traded in my 2020 Gladiator for a 2020 Ram Laramie. UGH. I feel like I want to puke. I literally regret it so much I can’t sleep at night and don’t want to drive the Ram. I had some equity going into the Ram so my immediate goal is to get back into a Gladiator ASAP and chalk this up to a life lesson. The 2021’s look great so I’m thinking Red or Blue and possibly manual this time. I might try and move up slightly from the Sports S I had too. People who have a manual - you happy with it?
Never again will I stray from Gladys! (That’s what my kids called the Gladiator) I’m a dumba$$. Until we meet again.
So how much did that cost you so far (purchase price vs trade value)?

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So how much did that cost you so far (purchase price vs trade value)?
I’d say about $2,500 it cost me to get to where I am if I’m doing my math correctly. They gave me $1,400 less for the Gladiator from what I paid. Then some fees for the transactions. Then I have to factor in what it will cost to be back into a Gladiator now. Life lesson! It’s only money.
Sponsored