vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Got further along in the install today. I called it quits after I got the upper intake manifold on. My kids were ready for some attention, so Iā€™ll probably finish up tomorrow. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has experience with this install.

1. During the wiring process, the manual says ā€œInstall the provided 30 amp fuse for the I/C harness into fuse housing. The kit I have came with a 15 amp fuse. Anyone know what should go in there? The online manual says 15 amp.

2. When relocating the horn, the manual says ā€œuse a 1/4ā€ drill to increase the size of 2 existing unused holes in PCM mounting bracket.ā€ I donā€™t know if it is specific for ā€˜21 models, but there is definitely no unused holes on my PCM mounting bracket. How did yaā€™ll mount the horn, or where did you relocate it.

Thanks for everyoneā€™s help.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Got further along in the install today. I called it quits after I got the upper intake manifold on. My kids were ready for some attention, so Iā€™ll probably finish up tomorrow. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has experience with this install.

1. During the wiring process, the manual says ā€œInstall the provided 30 amp fuse for the I/C harness into fuse housing. The kit I have came with a 15 amp fuse. Anyone know what should go in there? The online manual says 15 amp.

2. When relocating the horn, the manual says ā€œuse a 1/4ā€ drill to increase the size of 2 existing unused holes in PCM mounting bracket.ā€ I donā€™t know if it is specific for ā€˜21 models, but there is definitely no unused holes on my PCM mounting bracket. How did yaā€™ll mount the horn, or where did you relocate it.

Thanks for everyoneā€™s help.
0116222145.jpg

0116222144a_HDR.jpg

0116222144_HDR.jpg

0116222146.jpg

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excuse my language, but today was a real bitch. I realized I forgot to install the spark plugs after I gapped them. Off comes the upper intake. I get them installed, and as I am re-installing the upper intake, on my last bolt, I drop it right right into the engine. Off comes the upper AND lower. I get the bolt out, and as Iā€™m putting the lower on, I strip a bolt. My torque wrench was set correctly. Anyway, after a trip to town, I got the lower and upper intake installed, and Iā€™m back to where my day started. So I got the supercharger installed and thatā€™s it.

On a bright note, my small pulley came in from Magnuson, and the correct Timken pulleys should be here tomorrow. Maybe my ECM too. That would be great. As long as it doesnā€™t blow up when I first start it, I will consider it a success. Big thanks to Dave for providing the photos on horn placement and what fuse to use.

17052F9C-8A51-44C2-BD2B-50A3AC3147AB.jpeg

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Got to work on the install today. Between watching kids and looking around for where I sat my tools down, I made it to step 92ā€¦of 282. Installation manual is great. They estimate it takes 10 hours to install. For someone like me, Iā€™d probably bump that up to 30.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Build 17052F9C-8A51-44C2-BD2B-50A3AC3147AB
Looking good for sure, I want to use Daveā€™s tune, however never done any tuning before so a little apprehensive about it, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll pull the trigger eventually. Reading your post though the line about tools, lol got me thinking of mine and how I became a little anal about them:

3E490B86-9B51-4868-8A84-80D2933C3A19.jpeg

F0C5ED30-B05C-409C-9017-42DEF02C46A0.jpeg

666844B7-3D5B-4810-9938-260C56293399.jpeg

54F5DBE8-0EED-45D1-A84E-B51CBFC9A204.jpeg

83D3F4DD-3F7A-47EF-AD61-1F58F3F25B9D.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking good for sure, I want to use Daveā€™s tune, however never done any tuning before so a little apprehensive about it, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll pull the trigger eventually. Reading your post though the line about tools, lol got me thinking of mine and how I became a little anal about them:
Thatā€™s a hell of a tool kit. Every time I start a project, I have the best intentions of keeping up with my tools. I always get a little lax about 3/4 of the way through. I am good about finding it all and getting it put up when the job is complete.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got to the part where I put the pulleys and belt on, and then my kids asked me to make ravioli, and that takes longer than installing a supercharger.

Oh well, I donā€™t have my ECM back yet, so itā€™s not like Iā€™m going anywhere.

D2348035-C906-4F0B-907A-7ECFC7D62AED.jpeg

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Got to the part where I put the pulleys and belt on, and then my kids asked me to make ravioli, and that takes longer than installing a supercharger.

Oh well, I donā€™t have my ECM back yet, so itā€™s not like Iā€™m going anywhere.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Build D2348035-C906-4F0B-907A-7ECFC7D62AED
Curious as to your "mechanical skills" prior to tackling this install? I've never done anything this technical, but watching videos and talking to folks, the install seems pretty straight forward.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious as to your "mechanical skills" prior to tackling this install? I've never done anything this technical, but watching videos and talking to folks, the install seems pretty straight forward.
Up to this point, the most mechanical thing I have done to a vehicle is change out an AC compressor or change the brakes.

The instructions are very straight forward. Iā€™ve been going slow for a couple of reasons. First, out of an abundance of caution. I want to make sure I do it right. Every part, nut, and bolt that I removed was labeled for future reference. Second, itā€™s finding time to do it between my other responsibilities.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Up to this point, the most mechanical thing I have done to a vehicle is change out an AC compressor or change the brakes.

The instructions are very straight forward. Iā€™ve been going slow for a couple of reasons. First, out of an abundance of caution. I want to make sure I do it right. Every part, nut, and bolt that I removed was labeled for future reference. Second, itā€™s finding time to do it between my other responsibilities.
That would be my approach as well. MY JTR isn't my dd, but I seem to drive it the most, lol.
I've always worked on my own vehicles, boats, even my dozer and tractors. This is a slightly complex bolt on kit. Keep us posted on the progress!

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
That would be my approach as well. MY JTR isn't my dd, but I seem to drive it the most, lol.
I've always worked on my own vehicles, boats, even my dozer and tractors. This is a slightly complex bolt on kit. Keep us posted on the progress!
You can always drop it off herešŸ˜

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just noticed the prices went up on these over the last week as well about $500 from a few vendors.
Sponsored