OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
That is my favorite movie scene of all time! Damn that is so cool.

Not to break my own arm patting myself on the back, but the small pulley tune is the bomb. The sound alone is worth it. I keep the exhaust valve cracked at take off to battle the jumpiness at tip in. The supercharger just sings. Had a guy ask me if my jeep was electric, LOL
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
What's the ball park cost on getting one installed? I'm really dying for some more power in the gladiator.

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Dave, Can you give a bit of a description on how you are naming your files to help figure out which tune is for the trans and which is for the engine? GladiatorSCEVONP1, GladiatorSCEVOT82, etc.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dave, Can you give a bit of a description on how you are naming your files to help figure out which tune is for the trans and which is for the engine? GladiatorSCEVONP1, GladiatorSCEVOT82, etc.
I have an automatic tune which includes the engine and auto trans tune.

And I have a manual transmission tune, of course that just has the engine, but the engine tune is different for a manual (long story)

I had just versions of the EVO tune out for manual and automatic, but I have had to change as now I have a pulley and non pulley tune

So EVONP stands for evolution for No Pulley 1

My pulley tune has continued on with evolutions and so has the manual tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple updates here.
1. Have worked on the fuel surging during cruise in 7th and 8th. I am not sure if the surge is all gone, but it is improved.
2. I have changed the throttle gain. This is gonna be real wonky after the initial flash. The control will need to rifle through the new gains and get them loaded and it will smooth out. This is to help with the step off.
3.Alot of timing changes, this is to help the step away, and it also smooths the part throttle acceleration through the gears
4. Some cam position changes to gain a bit of power and also smooth acceleration
5. Torque Demand tuning to help the 7th and 8th gear cruise as it was struggling to get in 8th sometimes
6. Shift schedule tuning to help smooth early gear shifts and the engagement of 8th gear lockup

I have carried the changes to the manual file, but as usual, I have had no way to test it. It should be safe, but I would test it before actually going and using your jeep everyday. Be happy to look at data and help correct any issues.

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little info on reading and flashing files.
when you went to read your file you need to hit gather info as I have in the picture below
gather info.png

When you do that it will give you the option to read the engine and transmission tune
read.png

Once you have it read, you can then follow the Instructions above to copy the tunes I have supplied
Then you can flash the new engine and transmission tune. I flash them one at a time as the combo flash sometimes hangs up.
flash.png

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I got the bearings pictures. Getting the old ones removed is not that easy… Did you use a press?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the bearings pictures. Getting the old ones removed is not that easy… Did you use a press?
Yes, I used a press and some large sockets. If you screw them up they are common and can be purchase at the auto parts store

Technichen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey Dave, just so I’m straight. The SCEVONP2 is the file to use with out the pulley upgrade. Right?

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no difference between MPVI and MPVI2 files. I use both interfaces quite a bit.

The "evonp" tunes are what everyone who does not have a pulley upgrade should use. As stated above the pulley tune is not public.

Technichen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Dave. The must be really giving me the run around. I’ve had more problems with getting it updated. I’m very new to this. So, if they say I listened. I was told they had to be converted to work!!!

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Dave. The must be really giving me the run around. I’ve had more problems with getting it updated. I’m very new to this. So, if they say I listened. I was told they had to be converted to work!!!
The flash tool you received with your supercharger uses .rtd files qhich are flash files Magnuson has had commercially locked to the HP flash tool they send with their supercharger.

Technichen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I guess it all boils down to this question that I need to ask. “Please excuse my ignorance”. Is there anyway to remove the RTD file and replace it with yours?
Sponsored