Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Dave you have a video somewhere of the audio of the supercharger and the truck in action ? would love to see hear some of it
Sponsored

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
So I guess it all boils down to this question that I need to ask. “Please excuse my ignorance”. Is there anyway to remove the RTD file and replace it with yours?
Reach out to HP tuners on a service ticket they are very helpful on figuring this all out. I don't think you can use the .hpt files on a RTD but don't know %.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you purchase an MPVI or MPVI2 or pay a buddy or shop that has one. They have full access to download any file off the unlocked ECM on the Gladiator and once the credits are purchased flash anything on to the unlocked ECM. The only exception I have seen to this so far is Livernious has figured out how to lock down the ecm once they tune it, and they refuse to unlock it. The .rtd tool is only good for flashing files directly from Magnuson.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dave you have a video somewhere of the audio of the supercharger and the truck in action ? would love to see hear some of it
I will try to get one. I would like to show off the burnout capability I tuned in for taking it to the track 😁.

ramos1214

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
When you get to the point you are driving your supercharged Jeep around and feel you need some refinement, power, or an improvement in driveability, you can use the links below provided by Z1krause. These will allow you to flash on the tunes, I provide on this website. The HP flash tool Magnuson supplies, that flashes the .RTD file is not compatible, as that tool is locked to Magnuson's tunes.

HP Tuners MPVI2:https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2plus/
2 x Jeep or Universal MPVI credits for the engine:
4 x Jeep or Universal MPVI credits for the automatic transmission:
https://www.hptuners.com/product/mpvi1-credits-2/
Dodge 2018+ Smart Access Cable: https://www.hptuners.com/product/dodge-2018-smart-access-cable/
VCM Editor and VCM Scanner

If you end up needing to make changes, this wideband is really cool and allows you to look at fueling data with your hp tuner data.
https://www.hptuners.com/product/aem-x-series-obdii-wideband-afr-controller-gauge/
Do you encounter any issue with the catalytic converters? I being running the Magnuson calibration and I keep getting the issue with my check engine light due to Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I already replace all oxygen sensors and the cat.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plan on getting some better video, but I tried to do some solo video while driving around today.

Things to note:
Partial, acceleration after I turn, and the SC whistle.

I did an almost WOT from 50 to 75

Last but not least, it low boosts cruise at 1100 rpm when cruising slowly

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:
If your a user of the Calibrations I have posted on this thread, I can now assist you a little better if you are not that familiar with the HP tuners software and hardware.

In the latest release of HP tuners if you download the tune from your Jeep using an MPVI2 and send it to me, I can now make a file from your download and send it back to you ready to flash.

I am only offering this service to people who have already been using the Calibration as there is a great number of you.

Moving forward I am contemplating starting up some services, and sending a ready to flash file will be one of them.

Everyone is still free to download and copy the files as it has always been

Note: this option is not available to users of the MPVI first generation hardware from HP Tuners, to send a ready to use file with this hardware I would need to license credits on my end for your vehicle VIN

I am working with the Forum and HPTuners, and I hope to bring you a simple way to get some of the services I have been talking about offering, until then we need to keep things on a community basis. which is fine for me. I am only contemplating services as the volume and tech support has become a little bit crazy.

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
For anyone running the small pulley tune, where did you order the pulley from? I was about to order it from Magnuson until I saw it was $35 shipping for UPS ground. I know I’m getting cheap in the 11th hour, but I don’t want to stomach that if I don’t have to.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone running the small pulley tune, where did you order the pulley from? I was about to order it from Magnuson until I saw it was $35 shipping for UPS ground. I know I’m getting cheap in the 11th hour, but I don’t want to stomach that if I don’t have to.
I purchased through Vivid, still drop shipped. Magnuson was a bit stingy when I asked for multiple.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a request. It is pretty cold here and I am not up for taking the pulley off my truck. I have made some changes to the pulley tune I believe will smooth out the no pulley tune. Sooo I am looking for someone to test my new no pulley tune as it is too cold here for me to be tearing apart my truck. I would like this person to be comfortable with taking data and is very familiar with loading files on their truck or wrangler.

If you are interested give me a PM and we will get started and the sooner we finish the sooner everyone else can benefit.

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread references NGK Ruthenium spark plugs. Magnuson says that if I'm under 5K miles (I'm at 1500), I don't need to replace spark plugs. I picked up Champion Iridium (CHP 9417) spark plugs today. Do I gap them the same as the Ruthenium? Anything I need worry about? Should I get Ruthenium instead? Am I overthinking this?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My only concern with iridium is, I am not sure the tips will hold up to the additional flow and heat. The other plugs I listed are used in factory supercharger applications. The stock plugs will work but my guess is they will need changed at 30K. I would gap all of them at 28

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone who got the Timken idler pulleys, or anyone knowledgeable on pulleys who might be able to answer this question. I ordered based off the part number in the picture, and I received these. Was the C3 removed from the model number? Looks like measurements are the same.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Install / Modification – Crib Notes F9A10E0A-0FA8-46AF-8A19-147438E3418A

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Install / Modification – Crib Notes D49C5D01-8474-4BBE-8BCD-343447E9CE39

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson Supercharger Install / Modification – Crib Notes 3B294659-1002-45AB-A99B-FD55D5A373C0

ETA: I answered my question. The C3 is a designation in regards to radial internal clearance. C3 is a designation for “loose.”No designation like the one I received means “normal.”
Sponsored

Last edited: