Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The ultimate power is not the issue. It is the driveability at part throttle that is the trick and making thatcwork with decent power delivery
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Kurt,
Are you pretty familiar with Livernois? They did all my tuning on my 9 second Hellcat. Couldn’t be happier with their work. I’m wondering if and how much they are increasing boost and if our motors can handle it longevity wise? Running the e85 is something I do in my Hellcat and it definitely brings the power up but with that they are advancing timing and airflow and I’m certain pushing the boost up a few notches.
They say that is at 8psi, whether it is or not i have no idea. E85 would be good for people who can get it and dont mind the reduced range.

Im also not sure if our peak boost is limited by the pulley or by the tuning. The motors will hold together at 10-12psi with a good safe tune. At 15 they start coming apart.

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Mmmmm parts ive been having fabricated for my kit are coming to completion.

@DAVECS1 were you able to find those PN’s for the better idlers you used?

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
This is tough. Is it possible a different tuning suite would allow this to be found? With livernois, kraftwerks, and ripp making 370+ And in some cases 10psi There has to be another setting HP either hasnt found yet or hasnt given access to intentionally? Are we hitting a MAP limit? If so, would it be possible to rescale the map at 50% or go to a 3 bar?

Must be aggravating for you to deal with when trying to tune.
So are you saying if you didn't have tuning experience, you would just send your ECM to Magnuson and let them load their tune?

Does anyone know, if you don't use an HP tuner and go with their tune, how hard is it to upgrade the tune when they have a better one in the future?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So are you saying if you didn't have tuning experience, you would just send your ECM to Magnuson and let them load their tune?

Does anyone know, if you don't use an HP tuner and go with their tune, how hard is it to upgrade the tune when they have a better one in the future?
My advice to people with no hot rodding experience is to order your magnuson kit from a magnuson dealer and have that dealer install the kit. Just plan on 2-4 days without your truck and let it be turn key and hassle free. The install cost is worth the peace of mind if you are unsure.

Installing these kits isnt hard, but it IS very involved and very specific. The margin for error goes QUICKLY from “wait, is that right?” To “wait, is that a rod through my block?”

I have tuning experience (albiet very long in the tooth and not current) would I, say, edit a map file to correct fuel and timing when i go a step down in pulley? MAYBE

Would i try to write my own base map file to convert this thing from NA to SC? 100% abso-fucking-lutely not that’s where experts like @DAVECS1 come in.

My advice is let your dealer install it and run their tune for a bit. If after a few months you want to experiment with another tuner’s file, then go from there.

$.02

Sponsored

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
My advice to people with no hot rodding experience is to order your magnuson kit from a magnuson dealer and have that dealer install the kit. Just plan on 2-4 days without your truck and let it be turn key and hassle free. The install cost is worth the peace of mind if you are unsure.

Installing these kits isnt hard, but it IS very involved and very specific. The margin for error goes QUICKLY from “wait, is that right?” To “wait, is that a rod through my block?”

I have tuning experience (albiet very long in the tooth and not current) would I, say, edit a map file to correct fuel and timing when i go a step down in pulley? MAYBE

Would i try to write my own base map file to convert this thing from NA to SC? 100% abso-fucking-lutely not that’s where experts like @DAVECS1 come in.

My advice is let your dealer install it and run their tune for a bit. If after a few months you want to experiment with another tuner’s file, then go from there.

$.02
Looking forward to hearing your results when you step down that pulley!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Looking forward to hearing your results when you step down that pulley!
Might not need to pulley down until the piston/rods go in. The stock motor is safe supposedly to 12 consistently with a safe tune. Not sure how much boost is regulated by pulley size vs wastegate on these.

Wont know until I dig into it with Dave.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design

$.02
I wouldn't say I have no experience. I have had the tuned car in the past. I made small adjustments to the curve, but the map was provided by my install shop. When I went to Colorado on vacation, the map took a fair amount of adjusting to get it to run right at altitude.

Base on what Dave was saying. It sounds like the Magnuson map is at the point it is more stable than his. I was thinking about buying JTs unit, but If the Magnuson tune is better and can't be installed using the HP tuner, I might have to buy from Magnuson. As for a local Magnuson dealer, nope. There is one in Orlando, but I wouldn't have trusted them with the hoopty I had before my Gladiator. I have a local tuning shop that I know the owner and trust. I was going to have them do the install. I am just trying to figure out if I can get Magnuson to do the programming. I tried calling but all I get is a ringing phone line. I hate to pay an extra thousand just for them to provide the program.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I wouldn't say I have no experience. I have had the tuned car in the past. I made small adjustments to the curve, but the map was provided by my install shop. When I went to Colorado on vacation, the map took a fair amount of adjusting to get it to run right at altitude.

Base on what Dave was saying. It sounds like the Magnuson map is at the point it is more stable than his. I was thinking about buying JTs unit, but If the Magnuson tune is better and can't be installed using the HP tuner, I might have to buy from Magnuson. As for a local Magnuson dealer, nope. There is one in Orlando, but I wouldn't have trusted them with the hoopty I had before my Gladiator. I have a local tuning shop that I know the owner and trust. I was going to have them do the install. I am just trying to figure out if I can get Magnuson to do the programming. I tried calling but all I get is a ringing phone line. I hate to pay an extra thousand just for them to provide the program.
They both go in with HP tuner. Id bet @DAVECS1 file is as stable as mags or better, i think he got throttle problems trying to add more power part throttle if i read him correctly.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design
They both go in with HP tuner. Id bet @DAVECS1 file is as stable as mags or better, i think he got throttle problems trying to add more power part throttle if i read him correctly.
Ah, ok, I must have misread that. I pulled down his latest tune for the MT trucks. I will make my final decision on JT or Magnuson direct this week. If he makes a deal with someone else in the meantime, that will just simplify the decision.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ah, ok, I must have misread that. I pulled down his latest tune for the MT trucks. I will make my final decision on JT or Magnuson direct this week. If he makes a deal with someone else in the meantime, that will just simplify the decision.
I dont think he even had that many miles on it.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Got something cooking! Latest work I have one surge I am working on, but that is it, no oscillation and look how smoothly it transitions to boost. It feels awesome, except for the quick wick on the throttle it just soar through the RPM at part throttle. Just managing the transition to the bypass valve now. No stutter. It makes steam and lots of it. The graph below shows the throttle oscillation that shows up in my previous tunes as you transition to boost. The trick has been getting throttle feel off the line that is progressive and does not lag and then take off. The challenge had been that once you have that linear progression the throttle would go unstable as it went from vacuum to boost. This felt like misfires but actually it is the throttle blades fluttering open and shut.
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now Evo 15
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now old tune

rmnpjunky

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 392
Am looking forward to testing Davecs1 s tune! I live in Colorado and got my SC installed 2 weeks ago and I have to confess that I am less than impressed with the drivability of this thing... big surge at 2500rpm and massive oscillations between 3 and 4K rpm. Not sure if this magnuson tune was made for the flat landers but definitively doesn’t work so well in the mountains !

Mighunter

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2018 JLU, 2016 JKU, 1984 CJ7, 1971 CJ5
Occupation
Attorney
Not going to lie, i'm getting worried that putting this SC on is going to be a big mistake. All these issues with the tune is freaking me out.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Not going to lie, i'm getting worried that putting this SC on is going to be a big mistake. All these issues with the tune is freaking me out.
Agree, think I'll keep my Livernois rig for a while longer. Magnuson needs to get in front of this if they're interested in sales.
Sponsored