First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
Yes, I am using the Magnuson tune. It is solid to date. No issues.
Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Awesome! I have a JLUR and on the JL forum there is one guy that said he has issues with the stock tune on his JL.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Awesome! I have a JLUR and on the JL forum there is one guy that said he has issues with the stock tune on his JL.
What are the specific issues? He might want to reach out directly to Petty's garage if he hasn't already, they are the ones handling the tuning for the Magnuson. Great guys.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
main reason for needing this kit just in case anyone was wondering is to catch more air!

getting some air.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
LeftCoast32

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
We have another Gladiator coming in for an installation tomorrow. This one has a lift and 38" tires so the extra power is needed. We will send out the computer when it gets here tomorrow. We will be starting the installation on Monday. This is by far the best kit out there. You get a factory look, most bottom end torque out there for any kit and 155hp at the crank for a total of 440hp on the engine dyno at Magnuson!!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
We have another Gladiator coming in for an installation tomorrow. This one has a lift and 38" tires so the extra power is needed. We will send out the computer when it gets here tomorrow. We will be starting the installation on Monday. This is by far the best kit out there. You get a factory look, most bottom end torque out there for any kit and 155hp at the crank for a total of 440hp on the engine dyno at Magnuson!!
I would convince the customer to use the upgraded NGK plugs! Holy smokes my jeep runs better. I am serious I have never bought into spark plugs as a performance part, but I am getting 1.5 mph better and the engine just runs smooth all the time. Not sure if it is the better heat range, the gap, or the plug itself, but the fuel is burning more happy.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
One more note, relocating the ambient air temp to the plastic support behind the grill to the driver's side of the radiator, made it dead on accurate. It goes behind the plastic where my circle is. I am curious if the engine ECM uses this information as it seems to have helped also

20200425_193825~2.jpg

OP
OP
LeftCoast32

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I would convince the customer to use the upgraded NGK plugs! Holy smokes my jeep runs better. I am serious I have never bought into spark plugs as a performance part, but I am getting 1.5 mph better and the engine just runs smooth all the time. Not sure if it is the better heat range, the gap, or the plug itself, but the fuel is burning more happy.
Agreed, we are running the same plugs gapped between .028-.030 and definitely noticed a difference in smoothness also. These plugs are colder and work much better with boost when compared to the stock plugs.

OP
OP
LeftCoast32

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
One more note, relocating the ambient air temp to the plastic support behind the grill to the driver's side of the radiator, made it dead on accurate. It goes behind the plastic where my circle is. I am curious if the engine ECM uses this information as it seems to have helped also
The tune uses the IAT sensor that was relocated to the lower tub below the intercooler brick.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, we are running the same plugs gapped between .028-.030 and definitely noticed a difference in smoothness also. These plugs are colder and work much better with boost when compared to the stock plugs.
Would there be a benefit to adding these plugs to a stock engine?
What's the part number for these NGK plugs?

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
The more compression ( regardless how it's compressed ) an engine has the colder the plug needed.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Ordered a kit for our Gladiator yesterday :party:.
Has anyone attempted to mount the coolant pump in a different location? I'm not sure that it will fit in the intended location with my current fender liners and air compressor.

Reactions: aai
OP
OP
LeftCoast32

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a kit for our Gladiator yesterday :party:.
Has anyone attempted to mount the coolant pump in a different location? I'm not sure that it will fit in the intended location with my current fender liners and air compressor.
There are several locations that it can be mounted. The fender liners will not be an issue, I just dont know how you have your air compressor mounted.
Sponsored