Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I really want this...just have to find a shop I trust to put it in...that's the hard part. I just don't have the time to do it myself.
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I really want this...just have to find a shop I trust to put it in...that's the hard part. I just don't have the time to do it myself.
I don't know of any shops in Melbourne, but the shop that installed mine is outstanding. They are a shop that specializes in racing cars and hybrids. The owner (Chi) is very detail oriented and actively races. His team seems able to handle any issues that pop up.

Ping me if you want more info. They are in Orlando near the intersection of Semoran and East Colonial.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Same boat (I really want this!) Don’t mind the mechanical install, but just need a reputable tuning shop I can rely on. At first I thought I wanted a centri but damn @KurtP makes too much sense with getting max HP/TQ in the RPM range where I actually spend 99% of my time. Actually I just want a TVS that comes with a tune, plug and play, OEM driveability right out of the box, from what I’ve been reading It seems like no company is there yet…maybe I missed something….

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Same boat (I really want this!) Don’t mind the mechanical install, but just need a reputable tuning shop I can rely on. At first I thought I wanted a centri but damn @KurtP makes too much sense with getting max HP/TQ in the RPM range where I actually spend 99% of my time. Actually I just want a TVS that comes with a tune, plug and play, OEM driveability right out of the box, from what I’ve been reading It seems like no company is there yet…maybe I missed something….
if you’re willing to use Dave’s tune, you’re good to go. Otherwise, the Edelbrock TVS kit is the way to go. Its a smaller blower and intercooler, but if you arent looking to turn the boost up beyond stock it is adequate.

if you want to turn it up over 10lbs, you’d probably want to apply some tricks to help the cooling. Everything i have found indicates the edelbrock tune is superb, and it has carb approval.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
if you’re willing to use Dave’s tune, you’re good to go. Otherwise, the Edelbrock TVS kit is the way to go. Its a smaller blower and intercooler, but if you arent looking to turn the boost up beyond stock it is adequate.

if you want to turn it up over 10lbs, you’d probably want to apply some tricks to help the cooling. Everything i have found indicates the edelbrock tune is superb, and it has carb approval.
Yeah the Edelbrock seemed like a logical choice given the company’s reputation and the small amount of reviews / feedback I’ve received. Obviously the issue their as you pointed out is the smaller blower, but it looks to be about a “claimed” 40 or so rwhp difference (less than Mag). I’m having trouble parting with that hp or else I would’ve already pulled the trigger 🤣🤣🤣.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you use the Magnuson with their tune the HP difference between the two is very slight. To utilize the potential of the Magnuson and keep your drivetrain intact, it is my opinion the transmission on the auto and Manual needs tuned properly. Anyone who has one of my tunes will notice around the shifts that there is no power and the converter gets unlocked. If at part throttle the converter will stay locked but torque will be backed down by a large margin. I have had complaints about how this feels and I am working on a tune that uses the powertrain's natural power transfer points so the shifts are not so obvious as your getting after it. 2-3 is the hard one to get. And rolling from a stop. There is a review over on the Maggie thread that points this out. On the stock jeeps 2-3 is the power pull gear and is meant to be rode out with much torque and rpm. The problem is the blower rips through that gear like I do a piece of bacon. Entering third gear early causes a gap in speeds. So you need to come on with less torque and the converter unlocked and try to match.

For manuals it is a triple edge sword. The torque load can not be high when engaging the clutch, so with clutch in I have torque pulled back. If you go to far with this the engine, starts to struggle with idle and the rpms bounce. Once a gear is engaged the PR ratio shoots up and Power can be applied, problem is I have no control over what gear gets selected. Somone chooses a high gear, it will spike out torque, aircharge and PRratio, and then I need to pull power out or it starts knocking. Alot of manual guys do this by the way!!! I am pretty confident most of the supercharger offerings are not divong into the transmission space, as that is a dark deep time consuming hole.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yeah the Edelbrock seemed like a logical choice given the company’s reputation and the small amount of reviews / feedback I’ve received. Obviously the issue their as you pointed out is the smaller blower, but it looks to be about a “claimed” 40 or so rwhp difference (less than Mag). I’m having trouble parting with that hp or else I would’ve already pulled the trigger 🤣🤣🤣.
stock file to stock file there isnt much difference.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stock file to stock file there isnt much difference.
Very interesting…..so is that a case of Mag saying “this is what our setup is capable of”? and Edelbrock saying “this is the setup we are giving you”? Obviously I ask because the Mag is posting 370rw with the Edel posting 330rw….then again every single dyno write up / video / blog post I’ve read, NONE of the JTs are actually posting numbers anywhere near what ANY of the SC mfgs are claiming (keeping in mind that none of these folks jeeps are stock anymore regarding tires/gearing etc etc). The vast majority of what I’m seeing is regardless of mfg most are seeing about 300-310rwhp with the proportionate reduction in tq, which is quite a ways from mfg posted numbers.

@DAVECS1 it’s weird you mention the 2-3 shift point, for the longest time (maybe not so much anymore) my auto would slam between those gears, more often from 3-2, not smooth/physical jolt/ audibly loud. I feel like it’s not as frequent anymore which I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing…

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Very interesting…..so is that a case of Mag saying “this is what our setup is capable of”? and Edelbrock saying “this is the setup we are giving you”? Obviously I ask because the Mag is posting 370rw with the Edel posting 330rw….then again every single dyno write up / video / blog post I’ve read, NONE of the JTs are actually posting numbers anywhere near what ANY of the SC mfgs are claiming (keeping in mind that none of these folks jeeps are stock anymore regarding tires/gearing etc etc). The vast majority of what I’m seeing is regardless of mfg most are seeing about 300-310rwhp with the proportionate reduction in tq, which is quite a ways from mfg posted numbers.

@DAVECS1 it’s weird you mention the 2-3 shift point, for the longest time (maybe not so much anymore) my auto would slam between those gears, more often from 3-2, not smooth/physical jolt/ audibly loud. I feel like it’s not as frequent anymore which I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing…
Its hard to say. My guess is either Magnusson just straight up inflated their claim or it was a previous version of a tune before they realized they couldn't make emissions with what they are doing.

cylinder pressure and emissions requirements are bugger impediments to a SC manufacturer making power than the size of the blower is. Iirc, the difference was something like 10hp through the mid range and nothing by peak between the two, and if magnusson ever gets their carb cert, id bet they are damn near an exact overlay.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Ya every dyno I have seen have been 35-37” tires. Not one has been stock.

from what those who have the new maggi tune for 19-20 and the 21 it’s been ok and drivable.

Daves is just better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ya every dyno I have seen have been 35-37” tires. Not one has been stock.

from what those who have the new maggi tune for 19-20 and the 21 it’s been ok and drivable.

Daves is just better.
stock size tire ones are out there you just have to dig to find them.

if its coming down to splitting hairs between a 33” tire vs a 35” tire on a dyno it means you cant tell the difference when youre driving.

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I want this on a manual mohave but concerned about the tune and reliability....

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I want this on a manual mohave but concerned about the tune and reliability....
id recommend you leave your truck completely stock. đź‘Ś

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
id recommend you leave your truck completely stock. đź‘Ś
For years I would do stuff to try boost HP or Torque. Most stuff I did was was never dyno'd, before and after. I always felt more power, in my mind. On a occasion when I had opportunity to dyno, few times, I lost power or a minimal gain. So I just stay stock now. Mind you... I never did extreme stuff like a supercharger or a turbo boost. Just CAI, air box, filters, spark plugs, spark wires, cams, exhaust, performance heads and what not.
Got to hand it to the guys like you, who really know what you want and actually get it and it's real. Not just in your mind.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I am guessing this will require premium gas iirc?

Although I already don't get great mileage since I am normally cruising at 80, whats the mpg youre averaging for all who are running this?
Sponsored