Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
This from another thread that I am contributing to where a guy wants to 3D print a 4xe style cowl for a mojave but didn't know where to start. I don't have a ton of time right now, but I do have a 3D scanner to get the process started. While I am just contributing to the 4xe thread to help another forum member, I am truly interested in making an adapter for the amfib snorkel.

Here is a view of my passenger side cowl scan for reference ... it still needs a little cleanup, but it is definitely a start ... let me know if you want to play with the scan/mesh files

screen print.png

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I saw a Gladiator last year that I thought really rocked. One of the things I like was his snorkle setup. He was using the River Raid Snorkle and he had most of the p[ieces power coated to match his truck.

River Raider Snorkels (haukoffroad.com)

i-5XPrZ6B-X3.jpg

bmbrboi

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Well, I did it. The guy sent me a template, I ordered the eBay RR knock-off for $160, fired up the dremel and went to work. Took a bit more cutting than the video showed but all in all, it wasn’t bad. Start to finish about an 8hr job if you take your time and make it look clean.
Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave 1A639C76-30FB-42D0-8903-1FCD4E510E89
Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave 629AFA73-7B5F-469F-9C7F-09947661EDAC
Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave 5DBBCA0B-BC7B-4CD2-A6EE-402D229DBE42
Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave 0A064EE5-41BB-4F61-88EA-F88D3F2F2A61

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Great Job!!!! I have all the parts was going to buy another cowl piece, just in case I want to reverse it 😵💫. Just busy with too many projects I started all at once! Again, looks great 👍🏼 gives me hope 😁

Sponsored

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Rugged Ridge High & Low Mount. No hood cutting the hood for this one! I ran the high mount since spring and switched to the low for winter. I have had zero issues with mine. I also painted mine body color with some black highlights.

Minor draw back, to access the battery or factory Aux switch connections you need to remove part of it. Not terrible, just an extra step.

https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-amfib-snorkel/v/jeep/gladiator/2021/
People don't even notice it, yet it gets fresh cold air in.
[]
20211229_153536.jpg

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Well, I did it. The guy sent me a template, I ordered the eBay RR knock-off for $160, fired up the dremel and went to work. Took a bit more cutting than the video showed but all in all, it wasn’t bad. Start to finish about an 8hr job if you take your time and make it look clean.
Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave 20211229_153536
Nice job

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I run the low profile one during the winter and the high top the rest of the year.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Just modified the amfib to work with Mojave today ... one important note ... the low config has a smaller outline than the side port for the "high" configuration (i.e. if you trim your cowl for the low, then the hole will be to small for "high" ... or if trimmed for "high" you will have excess gap)

I modified the "low" to be a cap for the "high" config so that I can run either config and have a tight gap in the cowl cut

20230404_155154.jpg

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Just modified the amfib to work with Mojave today ... one important note ... the low config has a smaller outline than the side port for the "high" configuration (i.e. if you trim your cowl for the low, then the hole will be to small for "high" ... or if trimmed for "high" you will have excess gap)

I modified the "low" to be a cap for the "high" config so that I can run either config and have a tight gap in the cowl cut

Jeep Gladiator Making a snorkel fit for the Mojave 20230404_155154
I like your style 👍🏼. A Mojave in Granite Crystal even 😁. May I ask what trim you used for the cutout surround? It looks less bulbous than the typical door trim. 🤔

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
I like your style 👍🏼. A Mojave in Granite Crystal even 😁. May I ask what trim you used for the cutout surround? It looks less bulbous than the typical door trim. 🤔
Copied the suggestion of the video linked above ... it has heat activated adhesive (not quite as much as I would like though ... will probably add some myself a little later ... too damn cold outside to do it right now)

https://a.co/d/8NUnUAT
Cowles S37203

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Copied the suggestion of the video linked above ... it has heat activated adhesive (not quite as much as I would like though ... will probably add some myself a little later ... too damn cold outside to do it right now)

https://a.co/d/8NUnUAT
Cowles S37203
Thanks! 🙏🏼

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hello, can someone measure the snorkel in the low configuration?

I'd like to know how high it sticks up above the original cowl line and off the side as well. Reason being i have diode dynamic cowl light mounts because i want to still be able to lower my windshield. I'm wondering if this will fit under it. Thanks!

SK75

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 MB GL450 & 2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Self employed
Awesome job!

I'm planning to purchase a snorkel soon and have 2 questions.

1. Could you share the template or his FB account? I tried to message him via YT but I couldn't.

2. I'm also comparing RR snorkel vs Ebay one at this moment and it looks exactly same TBH. How's the quality?

bmbrboi

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Awesome job!

I'm planning to purchase a snorkel soon and have 2 questions.

1. Could you share the template or his FB account? I tried to message him via YT but I couldn't.

2. I'm also comparing RR snorkel vs Ebay one at this moment and it looks exactly same TBH. How's the quality?
his Facebook name is the same as his YouTube. You can DM me your address though and I can send you the template for the cost of shipping.

I have no idea the quality of the RR snorkel and honestly I felt better about cutting up a $160 snorkel vs. a $600 one. Way more cutting and fitting than his video shows but, as you can see, turned out great.
Sponsored