First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Good morning dudes, so i have had mine now for 3 weeks and my only complaint is the ESS system. Otherwise i love this thing.
Troutman, get a Tazer. It works 95% of the time. 5% of the time it acts dumb and doesn't turn off start/stop automatically.
Sponsored

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
Troutman, get a Tazer. It works 95% of the time. 5% of the time it acts dumb and doesn't turn off start/stop automatically.
i went with a superchips, i can wait for the software update for it. I like the screen to much lol

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
That's a bummer. I have one sitting in the box waiting for the Jeep to plug it into. I'll have to update it before I do anything...

Update 11.1.4 | 09.03.19
Greatly improved ESS memory function reliability

Should be able to give it a go Friday! Small snafu, they ordered the wrong wheels and have to switch them out, but I'm not sweating the small stuff. I'm almost there, might delay it a couple days.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So here's the latest, boys and girls... Sadly, I'm out. Couldn't come to a resolution with the dealer that I ordered from, so I bailed. If anyone in the Reading, PA area is looking for a M/T Sting Grey JT, give them a call. Details of my build are in my signature. Sucks, but I'm going to get some other stuff taken care of and revisit the JT in a year or two. Cheers!

screenshot952019-09-11-19-51-56-jpg.jpg

screenshot_20190911-210143-png.png

Sponsored

Ericxj99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt,xj,mj,jk,tj
Been inquiring for reviews 37s with manual transmission how it drives it is much slower or you can keep it with traffic all I can find is auto tranny not much MT REVIEWS WITH 37s gears will be in a future I’ll really appreciate any suggestions before I order tires I have a ruby mt stock for now

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Hey y’all! It’s seems most reviews or off road footage available has been automatic transmissions. I saw a small clip months ago of a 6spd tackling hells revenge. Has any of you stick shifters lucky enough to receive your orders been off road, overlanding, or crawling yet? Is it what you expected? Better? Not as good? How is low range on obstacles and inclines? I’ve driven the dealers JTR 6spd a couple times now and really enjoyed it. Been holding out to order a JTR 6spd gator clear.. Hopefully Monday 9/16 they will be available for order and double hopeful they are still making rubicons this year.

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
So here's the latest, boys and girls... Sadly, I'm out. Couldn't come to a resolution with the dealer that I ordered from, so I bailed. If anyone in the Reading, PA area is looking for a M/T Sting Grey JT, give them a call. Details of my build are in my signature. Sucks, but I'm going to get some other stuff taken care of and revisit the JT in a year or two. Cheers!

screenshot952019-09-11-19-51-56-jpg.jpg

screenshot_20190911-210143-png.png
sorry to hear. Not trying to sound stupid but how do you and dealer make a order without discussing price first. For Pa 1 percent below invoice aint horrible. Seema like maryland is only one who wants to play.

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
ordered 6/17. d status for 30 days. D1 for 14. Built real quick. Jb 2 weeks. kz 23 days. Dealer says longest order for gladiator they had so far. The wait sucks but its worth it. The picture doesnt do it justice.

Also the sales guy was great gave me an good deal for ny area. As a plus he is a manual transmission JL owner. PM me if you want more info. He will give others the same deal.

20190912_231924.jpg

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Been inquiring for reviews 37s with manual transmission how it drives it is much slower or you can keep it with traffic all I can find is auto tranny not much MT REVIEWS WITH 37s gears will be in a future I’ll really appreciate any suggestions before I order tires I have a ruby mt stock for now
I’m getting too old to learn a new language. In this case, maybe, just a new dialect.

Sponsored

6gunner

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1989 YJ
Hi all,

Looking forward to joining the manual transmission club. I ordered a Gladiator Rubicon 6MT in Punk'n with the safety group, advanced safety group, cold weather group, and trailer tow package. Ordered 09/07/19 and received a VON on the same.

Does anyone on here now how the safety systems work with the manual? Thanks in advance.

PS I also currently own a Jeep Wrangler YJ "Islander" (1989) with the 4.2 carb'ed straight six and manual 5 AX-15. Looking forward to see how the heavier gladiator gets out of its own way compared to my YJ.

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Take some time and go back through posts on this thread. I know that more than once I explained my concern about the new 6-speed and tires any larger than stock, based on my experience with a 6-speed JKUR and 35s. I saw one (1) guy on FB asking about the manual and 40s without re-gearing and just shook my head. I'd be willing to bet 37s or larger would make 6th gear useless unless going down hill and 5th gear gutless under 80. Throw something behind it and it'd be even worse. Love having a manual (still own two), but the gearing in the transmission is geared (literally) towards fuel mileage and not usable power. I bailed on my M/T or and went with an A/T. Love the truck, but miss the control.

Ericxj99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt,xj,mj,jk,tj
Take some time and go back through posts on this thread. I know that more than once I explained my concern about the new 6-speed and tires any larger than stock, based on my experience with a 6-speed JKUR and 35s. I saw one (1) guy on FB asking about the manual and 40s without re-gearing and just shook my head. I'd be willing to bet 37s or larger would make 6th gear useless unless going down hill and 5th gear gutless under 80. Throw something behind it and it'd be even worse. Love having a manual (still own two), but the gearing in the transmission is geared (literally) towards fuel mileage and not usable power. I bailed on my M/T or and went with an A/T. Love the truck, but miss the control.
Thank you will keep looking for reviews

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
We'll find out soon. Finally, after a wheel color snafu, picking mine up Friday, 37s bolted on. Have a long ride home over hill and dale, back roads and interstates, should test about all circumstances.

My pre-drive guess is that all will be well, but will have to shift between 4 5 and 6 on interstates. 6 on flat and downhill, 5 on mild uphills, 4 for steeper grades. Just going by the fact the new 5 is the old JK 6, and even at speed I had to drop to 5 in it with 35s and 4.10s. So same thing, more or less, just one higher gear. Doesn't faze me much, I think of it as having a once upon a time 5 speed with an extra overdrive.

But that's all conjecture until Friday.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Helped my brother move to from Negunee MI 370 miles to Chicago this weekend. Hauled great hit 80 in a few spots cruised around 75. Was nervous about catching some crosswind but didn't feel much except over the Leo Frigo bridge. I didn't feel like i was under powered I was able down shift and haul @$$ when needed. The thin to note is through the construction the road would switch road surface and when crossing over the odd dips for the temporary road the truck would get floaty. Reminds me of the old boats of the 70s and 80s. The suspension is soft so it soaks up the roughness but with the speed and big hump it was a little bouncy. First one caught me off guard. It wasn't anything that would toss me out of control but just something to note.

Did have a lifted JKU pull up snap a couple pics wave with approval and haul ass by. Rig sounded good too:like:

IMG_20190914_103420.jpg
Sponsored