Sponsored

Manual Transmission Club

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Nice. Second favorite color combo white/saddle interior - next to black and saddle.

2 manuals on the tracker today, one is punk'n.....dear god, wait until Troutman, Thorn-engineering and lukem80 see that.
And me. :angry: They better not be "estimating" 8/26 loosely.
Sponsored

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
And me. :angry: They better not be "estimating" 8/26 loosely.
Ahhh, yep - apologies. At least your in D1, I think those poor guys are still in D.

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
F-ing punk'ns....

As of Friday:

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that I have no updates to provide; however, I wanted to let you know that production of these models are underway. I'm hoping to have further updates to share with you regarding your order very shortly.

I will continue to track the status of your 2020 Jeep Gladiator order & will provide any updates as they become available.

We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Jeep Information Center
O|||||||O

Tomorrow will be 60 days. Not horrible by any means compared to others, but my original thought of waiting to order so I wouldn't get stuck in line is out the window. I've been expecting 8-12 weeks from the get go, so no real hard feelings yet. Back in 2015 when I bought my JKUR, they had told me that time frame for ordering what I wanted. Took my dealer trading a SRT Challenger to get one off the lot 300 miles away. Unfortunately that's not a solution this time around. I'll wait, I'll laugh, I'll post to make myself feel better, but I'm not giving in. Glad I got my salesman to agree to trade in they gave me, even after a long wait!

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
F-ing punk'ns....

As of Friday:

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that I have no updates to provide; however, I wanted to let you know that production of these models are underway. I'm hoping to have further updates to share with you regarding your order very shortly.

I will continue to track the status of your 2020 Jeep Gladiator order & will provide any updates as they become available.

We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Jeep Information Center
O|||||||O

Tomorrow will be 60 days. Not horrible by any means compared to others, but my original thought of waiting to order so I wouldn't get stuck in line is out the window. I've been expecting 8-12 weeks from the get go, so no real hard feelings yet. Back in 2015 when I bought my JKUR, they had told me that time frame for ordering what I wanted. Took my dealer trading a SRT Challenger to get one off the lot 300 miles away. Unfortunately that's not a solution this time around. I'll wait, I'll laugh, I'll post to make myself feel better, but I'm not giving in. Glad I got my salesman to agree to trade in they gave me, even after a long wait!
Ah, Jeff has such a way with words.

I tried the "find one and get them to trade for it" thing too. They're just not out there, at least how we have them customized. I hope they at least give you a timeline soon. I'm on day 99 since order. Going 3 digits tomorrow and still a week before the estimated start, then the entire build process. Only thing that kept me going was getting that date, at least it's something, and better than the generic September I was told just before that. Potentially shaved a month between those 2 messages.

Like your order later and not have to wait, I failed at my order an immediately available color to get one sooner. You might say, why not wait and order Gator now? After this experience, I'm scared I wouldn't get it until May.

chickencalada

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, '13 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Haven't posted in a little while. I was told I was D1 a week ago. But since then I have somehow lurched back to D. Delightful.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
My manual got pushed into framing last Thursday. I'm not complaining, but why would my manual punk'n rubi get ahead of all of your orders made before mine?

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
My manual got pushed into framing last Thursday. I'm not complaining, but why would my manual punk'n rubi get ahead of all of your orders made before mine?
All of the parts required to build yours are there, ready to go. It has nothing to do with order date or color, just availability of all options. The less options you have, the higher the chance everything is there. I did a little number crunching and I think there are like 60,000 different combinations possible for a JTR. I'm glad I am not in charge of aligning production, which is probably the number one (1) reason we can't get too riled up.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone with color matched fenders and top gotten their manual yet?

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
If you search back through the posts I am pretty sure there are at least one (1) red and one (1) white, Rubicons with matching fenders and top. I'm sure there are others, especially in Overland models. I would definitely say that this option is more than likely towards the top of the list in delays though. I've seen plenty of sport models (color match is not an option) roll off the line.

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
Just got off the phone with my dealer.

Found out that my order has been “reset” at the factory. Think that means they canceled and resubmitted it.

If you’ve been waiting, it might be worth calling and finding out. I’m on week 12 since placing my order.

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Found out that my order has been “reset” at the factory. Think that means they canceled and resubmitted it.

If you’ve been waiting, it might be worth calling and finding out. I’m on week 12 since placing my order.
Nooooooo. That sucks, man. Are you going to hold out longer?

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase

Hope this means your order is going to be shoved through soon

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
My color matched JTR is being shipped according to the dealer. I could have it as early as next week. I've been fairly patient. The closer it gets the more the anticipation builds. I started out driving a truck at 16. 12 years later I bought a car but retained my truck which I still have. I live on land now and I need to be driving a truck again and my Ford just costs to much to daily drive. I've been in a car for 11 years....

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Over the weekend I drove a substantial distance to go look at and test drive a Sport S 6MT that had options that I definitely want, and doesn't have a bunch of options that I don't want (some of the options that I want that it doesn't yet have can be added post-purchase). Completely pleased with the test drive (the clutch is so light compared to any other MT I've driven that the pedal effort is kinda surreal- but that doesn't seem to make anything for the worse). Signed purchase agreement, placed deposit, picking it up this coming Saturday!

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Mine should land before the weekend.
Sponsored