First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500, Chevy Equinox , Honda VTX 1300, Stingray 180 RX
Occupation
General manager
I'm in kz status and wondering if you can get further updates and tracking while going forward?
Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Aaaaaand just told by the dealer "its scheduled for build in September... It is because we are Canadian, so probably delivered in October maybe November." So glad Jeep likes delivering a solid 20 weeks after deposit to Canadians... I mean they treat their American waaaaaay better (heavy on the sarcasm here as obviously they don't reading the frustration everywhere on here). I love the community and love my old TJ but i think I might be done with FCA. Anyone drive a Taco in manual?
I sold my 2002 built taco (doubler, ect,220k plus and still reliable) for the Gladiator I ordered (not yet delivered) and I never test drove a manual one.

So far the old taco is the best manual I’ve owned to date. (Including ranger, civic, 15 civic SI, Ford Mustang and 2 Tacoma’s)

Banking on the cool factor of the gladiator to out-way any MT issues. But either way if the MT isn’t great It’s not the deciding factor over another Tacoma.. I’m counting the days till I can trade in my mustang and it’s terrible to drive MT.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Anyone drive a Taco in manual?
I had a '16 Tacoma. Ordered it in Sept. 2015 after the newest generation Taco had been released. It was a 2.7 I-4 with the 5 speed and 4x4. No longer offered. We really loved that truck. Got destroyed April '18 and that powertrain was dcd by that time. It was literally irreplaceable which really sucked, those Toyota 2.7s run forever. Replaced it with a 4Runner. Now I believe only the top tier trim Tacoma has a 6 speed option, but between that and a Rubicon Glad I'll take the Glad everytime and did.

JAKJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon M/T
Took delivery on my vehicle today and I have to agree with the other posts. The clutch is extremely light. Maybe a little too light. Otherwise was a blast driving home from the dealership with the top down shifting gears. The world was just right again.

Bad news is it won’t fit in the garage with the top back. So stay tuned for pictures of an accidental removal of the soft top When I forget this little nugget of information.

I will now join the chorus of the other folks in saying to everybody who hasn’t taken delivery and is in some sort of letter labeled “hell”
Hang in there it’s worth it

B27AC2E7-599C-45BF-B9A1-FABDE59D20B9.jpeg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Took delivery on my vehicle today and I have to agree with the other posts. The clutch is extremely light. Maybe a little too light. Otherwise was a blast driving home from the dealership with the top down shifting gears. The world was just right again.

Bad news is it won’t fit in the garage with the top back. So stay tuned for pictures of an accidental removal of the soft top When I forget this little nugget of information.

I will now join the chorus of the other folks in saying to everybody who hasn’t taken delivery and is in some sort of letter labeled “hell”
Hang in there it’s worth it

B27AC2E7-599C-45BF-B9A1-FABDE59D20B9.jpeg
Congrats, and caught a guy taking a leak behind a car.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
week 13. I constantly look at other makes and models of cars to buy, used and new. I'm thinking I don't need this Gladiator. I think I can just buy a 5x8 trailer to pull with my wife's suv when I need a 'truck' I just need a car or something small. I'm on the ledge fellas. I'm going to jump

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Got to test drive a basic sport s almost bare bones no max tow today. The clutch has no give at all and you definitely have to know how to play with the throttle and the clutch also feels so light. i stalled it once so not too bad. I guess I'm not use to the newer manual tranny's. The The shifting was flawless. This is the very first Jeep I've driven and I only drove about 5 miles around 55. I didn't notice any play in the steering no wandering was surprised that it felt like any other vehicle I've drove. Maybe it gets bad at faster speeds? I forgot about the soft top because there was no noise at all no buffeting ect.it Overall I like the feel of it and definitely won't rule the manual out. However the dealership they want you to go through two financial places to get the discount (It was around 2k) but the kicker was the max you could put down is 10% and I want to put more down to get the payments low. Salesmen says that they give them the credit and they graciously give it all to us ha ha... overall I loved the test drive even if it was bare bones. Here's the sheet I got after I told them there not running my credit to "see" what I'd be looking at if I wanted one so there just rough figures. No way I'd buy one like this. The guy in the picture is the salesman getting her off the concrete curb. Over all a good day and I'm glad I finally got to put my hands on one and drive it

IMG_20190815_152315557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190815_184100579.jpg
Makes me laugh...when we showed up in the minivan to test drive a Gladiator parked on the curb, salesman also insisted on moving the truck first. When I showed up in my Jeep, salesman started towards the truck, glanced at my Jeep, back at me, and handed over the keys, “I’m guessing you can handle the curb”.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
week 13. I constantly look at other makes and models of cars to buy, used and new. I'm thinking I don't need this Gladiator. I think I can just buy a 5x8 trailer to pull with my wife's suv when I need a 'truck' I just need a car or something small. I'm on the ledge fellas. I'm going to jump
If you can bail that easy you didn't want one in the first place. I've been waiting since April 29th or so. It just means I'll have more of a down payment.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
If you can bail that easy you didn't want one in the first place. I've been waiting since April 29th or so. It just means I'll have more of a down payment.
I do really want the one I ordered. its probably one of the cheapest Rubicons ordered possibly. aux switches, bed liner, floor mats are my only options. If I had ordered in April I would've bailed a long time ago

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Well I finally had it. I should of known better after my 18 and 19 JL 2 door ordering hell to try and get in early on ordering another new model Jeep. I broke and decided to get another truck. No it’s not a manual, but my last 3 Jeeps were, so it’s a nice change (and a 10 speed at that). FCA has just left a bitter taste in my mouth at this point.

98D9ED3B-73D9-443E-BC2C-64B30593CE8E.jpeg

sog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Anyone drive a Taco in manual?
My MT Gladiator is replacing a '16 MT Taco. Huge difference between the transmissions; Taco is much more truck-like, stiffer clutch, longer throws, etc.

Prefer the Gladiator MT, personally.

sog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I'm in kz status and wondering if you can get further updates and tracking while going forward?
I did not. Chat didn't have any for me, and while the dealer told me originally he'd know more when it hit the rail yard I ended up just getting an email much earlier than expected saying that it had arrived. Here's hoping your wait is short too.

Phippy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ for rock fun. Porsche Macan for pavement fun.
I feel you man. I get its not about wanting the truck. Sometimes loyalty is nice both ways and lets be honest life sometimes dictates making choices of need over want. It is a very expensive decision to buy a new truck in the first place and there are very few pickups more expensive then the Gladiator and they are all full sized. I am thinking I might be with you as well and just pour some more money into the old TJ and maybe pick up an old gen one or two taco and call it a day. Great community in the jeep world. Jeep has forgotten that it is the community that built this brand and it is the community that are the ones special ordering the trucks. Treating them poorly and pushing their orders back and back and back is how people remove their loyalty. Be loyal to your family, be loyal to your friends, be loyal to your work, maybe don't be loyal to a multi-national publicly traded company that forgot how they got there.
Have not cancelled mine yet either but I get you... I get you.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Wouldn't blame you a bit. My truck doesn't go down the line week of 8/26, I'm going Raptor shopping. My Jeep plus accessories budget = well equipped Raptor.
Sponsored