First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Just got done talking to the lovely jeep chat. they informed me that it would be starting the build process 8/26. That's 4 months after I ordered it. Needless to say I'm not really happy cuz then it's roughly middle to end of September before I get it
They just told me 30 minutes ago their system was down. Guessing I'm calling again.
Sponsored

Jhenry17251725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy silerado
They just told me 30 minutes ago their system was down. Guessing I'm calling again.
I'm getting tired of this and I may be just taking the black automatic one the dealer has. I'm just over it

JTGlad

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Ha! Quite possible - I haven't received the window sticker, have you?
I actually just got the window sticker from the cryptoemail. and on the 1st page of the window sticker tracker thread. Showing all terrains which is not what i ordered but probably for the best.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I'm getting tired of this and I may be just taking the black automatic one the dealer has. I'm just over it
Called again, my last 8 digits of my VIN pulls up a 1990 Cherokee, which is really strange. It's built and in JB "Hell" status for accessories, so I'm guessing tonneau cover, running boards and spray in bed liner, so I'm happy it's at least built and passed inspection, just waiting to move to the next step.

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.

Sponsored

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler

Phippy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ for rock fun. Porsche Macan for pavement fun.
Just got done talking to the lovely jeep chat. they informed me that it would be starting the build process 8/26. That's 4 months after I ordered it. Needless to say I'm not really happy cuz then it's roughly middle to end of September before I get it
Better then mine. I was told "Currently, your vehicle is waiting to be sequenced for production with no ETA at this time." that was yesterday. soooo I think I will be canceling the order... Think I will be buying an auto... patience just about run out.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Explorer Sport Track, 04 Suzuki VL800, 06 Lincoln Zephyr, 16 Jeep Renegade
Hang in there guys, it's worth it. I'm so happy to be back in a stick. :jk:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Must be Black MT week, that's the date they gave me too. And yeah, they can't make up for how long it's been and the way it was handled. Well, they could but I'm almost sure they won't. Love the vehicle and the community, Jeep as a company I'm only too eager to not buy from again.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
I'm in JB as of today. I have a bedliner and roof liner. I guess that's all I need from vendors? Dealer expects it to hit a Texas rail yard August 26th.

Sponsored

Phippy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aaaaaand just told by the dealer "its scheduled for build in September... It is because we are Canadian, so probably delivered in October maybe November." So glad Jeep likes delivering a solid 20 weeks after deposit to Canadians... I mean they treat their American waaaaaay better (heavy on the sarcasm here as obviously they don't reading the frustration everywhere on here). I love the community and love my old TJ but i think I might be done with FCA. Anyone drive a Taco in manual?

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Aaaaaand just told by the dealer "its scheduled for build in September... It is because we are Canadian, so probably delivered in October maybe November." So glad Jeep likes delivering a solid 20 months after deposit to Canadians... I mean they treat their American waaaaaay better (heavy on the sarcasm here as obviously they don't reading the frustration everywhere on here). I love the community and love my old TJ but i think I might be done with FCA. Anyone drive a Taco in manual?
How do you figure 20 months after deposit? Jeep didn't open orders until 4/4 for LEs, and ~4/29 for initial orders. I think I read Canadian orders opened around the same time. If you put a deposit in 20 months ago, that's strictly your dealer sitting on the deposit for about a year. The roll-out has been a total joke, and there's definitely some production growing pains, but you can't blame Jeep if your dealer took your deposit a year before orders even opened.

Don't get me wrong. I ordered 4/4 and am still waiting too and may also see it in October like you. But I try to keep things factual in my griping.

Phippy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you figure 20 months after deposit? Jeep didn't open orders until 4/4 for LEs, and ~4/29 for initial orders. I think I read Canadian orders opened around the same time. If you put a deposit in 20 months ago, that's strictly your dealer sitting on the deposit for about a year. The roll-out has been a total joke, and there's definitely some production growing pains, but you can't blame Jeep if your dealer took your deposit a year before orders even opened.

Don't get me wrong. I ordered 4/4 and am still waiting too and may also see it in October like you. But I try to keep things factual in my griping.
OOPS! Meant weeks! Thanks for the point out. Fixed.

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Tracker finally caught up. Window sticker showed up this afternoon.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Got to test drive a basic sport s almost bare bones no max tow today. The clutch has no give at all and you definitely have to know how to play with the throttle and the clutch also feels so light. i stalled it once so not too bad. I guess I'm not use to the newer manual tranny's. The The shifting was flawless. This is the very first Jeep I've driven and I only drove about 5 miles around 55. I didn't notice any play in the steering no wandering was surprised that it felt like any other vehicle I've drove. Maybe it gets bad at faster speeds? I forgot about the soft top because there was no noise at all no buffeting ect.it Overall I like the feel of it and definitely won't rule the manual out. However the dealership they want you to go through two financial places to get the discount (It was around 2k) but the kicker was the max you could put down is 10% and I want to put more down to get the payments low. Salesmen says that they give them the credit and they graciously give it all to us ha ha... overall I loved the test drive even if it was bare bones. Here's the sheet I got after I told them there not running my credit to "see" what I'd be looking at if I wanted one so there just rough figures. No way I'd buy one like this. The guy in the picture is the salesman getting her off the concrete curb. Over all a good day and I'm glad I finally got to put my hands on one and drive it

IMG_20190815_152315557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190815_184100579.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: