Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you say so mine tows great!

0717201918_HDR.jpg
Mine, too (4900-5000 pounds) - and it's not max tow.

>> Macks Tow means nothing to me but lower gears. <<
It's more than that for sure. But then if you put on bigger tires and a lift, etc. - of course it won't tow as nicely and could be all over the place. Any truck is built as a system, not just a bunch of parts put together, so once you bolt on a mod - you've gone outside of the towing design.
BTW - if it's not max tow it may have most things, but it's also different springs. That can matter.

Jeep Gladiator Max tow max tow max tow. 20210910_063711_HDR

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I love my gladiator. You tow anything over 4500-5000 pounds with or without Macks Tow you will be all over the road. if you want to tow something get a second job and buy a full sized truck and keep the jt for play. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD TOW TRUCK. MY Sport S has everything that Macks Tow has except 4:10 and wider axels. I have gone over the build sheet many times it has everything but what said. If I want to tow a frickin trailer I will keep the gladiator in the garage and buy a full sized truck. Macks Tow means nothing to me but lower gears. SO WHAT.
A little Salty are ya?

the Jt is absolutely a tow truck. Many people do it very happily, and without gripes or complaints. All towing experience is anecdotal and obviously yours is what it is.

there are also major differences in opinion based on geography/state.

I am at a camp site right now where I happily towed my 5k lbs travel trailer with my jtmt loaded with my wife / 2 kids / 2 dogs / other odds and ends in the bed.

i got 13mpg after a 125mile pull and smiled the whole time driving my towing Jt.

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
NO -you've been told wrong.
Mojave is 6,000 towing and 1200 payload (but check door sticker for YOUR PERSONAL MOJAVE payload capacity)

Max tow is a fully different option.
The Sport is the only version of JT available with the MAX TOW. It's a special package - and only available on Sport S
Nothing else has max tow.
Others have the tow package.
THIS is from the internet -

The maximum towing rating for the Mojave is 6,000 lbs.

This is from another internet site -

The Mojave configuration just doesn’t cut it when it comes to hauling, allowing a payload capacity of only 1,200 pounds of both people and stuff.
The Jeep Gladiator Mojave’s hauling capacity is equal to that of the Gladiator Rubicon and 500 pounds less than base Jeep Gladiators, which are a bit more competitive to other truck models in the same class but demonstrating a distinct disadvantage in the overall truck market.
Both towing capacity and how the Gladiator Mojave handles towing are additional problem areas.
Base model Jeep Gladiators have a towing capacity of 7,650 pounds, holding its own with other V6 powered trucks in the same class.
In contrast, the Gladiator Mojave’s towing capacity drops to just 6,000 pounds (4,000 pounds with manual transmission), which is even lower than the Rubicon trim’s towing capacity.
This is great info... Thank you very much

Sponsored

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A little Salty are ya?

the Jt is absolutely a tow truck. Many people do it very happily, and without gripes or complaints. All towing experience is anecdotal and obviously yours is what it is.

there are also major differences in opinion based on geography/state.

I am at a camp site right now where I happily towed my 5k lbs travel trailer with my jtmt loaded with my wife / 2 kids / 2 dogs / other odds and ends in the bed.

i got 13mpg after a 125mile pull and smiled the whole time driving my towing Jt.
Awesome and be safe.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
NO -you've been told wrong.
Mojave is 6,000 towing and 1200 payload (but check door sticker for YOUR PERSONAL MOJAVE payload capacity)

Max tow is a fully different option.
The Sport is the only version of JT available with the MAX TOW. It's a special package - and only available on Sport S
Nothing else has max tow.
Others have the tow package.
You can get the Max Tow for 2021 on Sport, Sport S, and Freedom Edition. Before 2021, Max Tow was available on Sport and Sport S.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You can get the Max Tow for 2021 on Sport, Sport S, and Freedom Edition. Before 2021, Max Tow was available on Sport and Sport S.
It's a sport at heart - It's not based on Overland or Rubicon, or Mojave, correct?
So I guess it's a Sport Freedom Edition.

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Honestly, nobody cares about Mack’s toe. FOH.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
It's a sport at heart - It's not based on Overland or Rubicon, or Mojave, correct?
So I guess it's a Sport Freedom Edition.
Freedom trim comes with both steel front and rear bumpers as well as rock rails--probably puts a hit on the payload versus a Sport(S) with none of those things.

Thistle-twister

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
Professional Driver
It's more than that and it makes a difference. Pretty much like getting the Rubicon suspension with more towing capability. Just saying, I'm going to keep on saying it because it was a option I was looking for when I was buying. 4.10 gears compared to 3.73 gears makes about a 3 mpg difference on 35's and about a 4mpg difference on 37's and the wider track axles is just a added bonus. If your being asked about performance it's important to mention it because it will be different than a overland or regular sport.
Nothing at all like Rubicon suspension! Rubicon very soft w/Fox shocks. Max tow stiffer. Just saying.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing at all like Rubicon suspension! Rubicon very soft w/Fox shocks. Max tow stiffer. Just saying.
I have Rubicon Springs on the front of mine now but I have driven a Rubicon rental for a week and not much difference in the ride quality at all. I also have the Rubicon Shocks on mine now. You can get max tow and buy a Rubicon Suspension take off for $200 like I did and pretty much get a Rubicon Ride without paying the premium, add lockers for $1500 and your still in the plus, I only paid $37,125 out the door for my Max Tow.
Sponsored