Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This may be nitpicking but not sure why folks state Max Tow as a model when it is not.

The model would either be Sport or Sport S WITH Max Tow. I believe those are the only two models that can have that package added to them.

There is no such model called simply, Max Tow.
It's just easier to say and shorter. On my sport max tow, I have the safety group so I have the LED tail lights. All I have to do is add LED headlights and have the LED package.
That's what's so great about Jeep is how easy they are to build to one's liking.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the internet amazing? I don't know why the auto makers have such troubles with engineering and design. I mean, look at the max tow thing - we've got it all figured out and yet Jeep had a heck of a time with things. We're still trying to figure it out, duplicate it and so on and question why it is what it is.

Bottom line - you can't build one and you can't say "I'm adding max tow to my truck so I can tow or haul as much".
Engineers abound!
The sticker is all you can legally haul unless you know for a fact you will never ever be in any accident, no one will ever get hurt and your truck will never be damaged and need warranty work.

If you need to tow - buy a MAX TOW! (or a bigger truck)
Don't buy something and think you'll build your way out of it knowing more than Jeep engineers, who spend their FULL TIME for months engineering these things.

Over and over in many threads here, we're trying to outsmart Jeep and figure out how to haul 1700 pounds in our Sport or Overland, or tow 8,000 pounds in a Sport or Overland (or Rubicon)
And in all this we forget basics - it's a system designed to all work together, including tire sizes, tire WEIGHTS, wheel weight, truck weight and more.
If you NEED max tow, buy max tow.
At least now you have options I never had when I ordered! I could not get some of the stuff with max tow that I really wanted (or my wife INSISTED on) - now you can.

Jeep has a great potential employee pool............

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
The Max Tow has the same runnin ge
Will someone please explain what the “Max Tow” package entails? I have the tow package. No details... window sticker simply says tow package.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Here is a pic of the Max Tow fender flares. Has an additional lip to make them wider. Aside from this, it has the same geometry as the sport / overland flares and does not have the extra vertical clearance that is on the Rubicon and Mojave.

IMG_20200430_172949__01.jpg

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't used to. When I was shopping that was on the 3.73 ratio rear axles only - not any 4.10 so that's newer.
When did you get yours? I got my Sport S with Max Tow and 4.10, ordered around June 6 of 2019 and delivered around July 22 2019. If you were being told that there were no 4.10 it was only because he couldn't get any max tows, they were scarce that is why I ordered mine.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
When did you get yours? I got my Sport S with Max Tow and 4.10, ordered around June 6 of 2019 and delivered around July 22 2019. If you were being told that there were no 4.10 it was only because he couldn't get any max tows, they were scarce that is why I ordered mine.
This has to be a mistake. How could the 3.73 be rated for the weight limits of the Max Tow.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I think when I got mine, they were throwing all 44 wides into the Rubicons and leaving the Sports as non max tow, for the Gladiators that they were sending to the dealers for their lots at the time. My Max Tow was very rare in July of 2019.

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I think when I got mine, they were throwing all 44 wides into the Rubicons and leaving the Sports as non max tow, for the Gladiators that they were sending to the dealers for their lots at the time. My Max Tow was very rare in July of 2019.
Max Tow does not increase cargo weight
But are you saying you have a MT with 3.73.

Even going back to the initial specs of the MT it had the 4.10 - https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/max-tow-package-now-available/
No I have 4.10 because I have a max tow not just a tow package.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to both.
I just noticed that the discussion was about the LSD and that was available when I got mine but it was an option, now it is part of the Max Tow package.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager