Sponsored

Max Tow Tires and Drop In Bedliner

Lost Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4Runner
Bought a Sport w/ Max Tow package a couple of weeks ago. What is the biggest tire I can run on the stock wheels with no lift? I won't be rock climbing, but will be off road in mud and sand quite a bit. Checked the forums, but nothing directly on point. I would also like to drop in a bed liner if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You would be best to get a Line-X spray-in bed liner. I'm not aware of any companies that make plastic drop-ins for it yet. I'm sure there is, I'm just not aware of them.

You should be able to run 35x12.50's on stock wheels without issue, if you put a leveling kit, or put Rubicon take-off front springs and Fox shocks on your vehicle. I'd put all 4 Fox shocks on, but I'd keep the Max Tow rear springs in your's, and just swap the front springs with Rubicon front springs. It should get you about 1" of lift in the front, just going with those front springs. And it's all factory Jeep parts, so your warranty should never be questioned, either. Also, you should be able to pickup a slightly used Rubicon take-off suspension online for a couple hundred bucks. Pretty cheap considering just the Fox shocks will be worth more than that.

Also, the next best money you'll spend will be getting one of these for the front end...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFGHMB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

nates91xj

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I ran a 315/70/17 on the stock sport wheels and no lift with no issue, not even on trails.

As for the bed liner, definitely a spray in will be your best bet and most places (LineX or Rhino) will do it for about $400 here in Colorado. I have seen mixed reviews on the drop in liners for the Gladiators and some fitment issues

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
ive got an inexpensive spacer lift on the market place if you want one...just saying :angel:

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Go with a Line-X. Iā€™ve seen some nasty beds after having a drop in installed for a few years. Dirt and grime get in there and makes a scratched up mess.

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Do you know if these work with the cargo rails?
[/QUOTE]
I donā€™t have the cargo rails, so Iā€™m not sure.

OP
OP

Lost Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You would be best to get a Line-X spray-in bed liner. I'm not aware of any companies that make plastic drop-ins for it yet. I'm sure there is, I'm just not aware of them.

You should be able to run 35x12.50's on stock wheels without issue, if you put a leveling kit, or put Rubicon take-off front springs and Fox shocks on your vehicle. I'd put all 4 Fox shocks on, but I'd keep the Max Tow rear springs in your's, and just swap the front springs with Rubicon front springs. It should get you about 1" of lift in the front, just going with those front springs. And it's all factory Jeep parts, so your warranty should never be questioned, either. Also, you should be able to pickup a slightly used Rubicon take-off suspension online for a couple hundred bucks. Pretty cheap considering just the Fox shocks will be worth more than that.

Also, the next best money you'll spend will be getting one of these for the front end...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFGHMB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for your input. I have had many, many Jeeps from a 56 to this one. I just sold my JK and had added the Rubi springs and shocks as I had 150lbs on the front end, probably won't do that again. I do think the Fox shocks are superior to what used to come on the JK Rubi by far. I prefer drop in liners to spray ons, with all the ranch equipment that gets thrown in the back, I always end up having them sprayed again. Thanks for the tire advice, I appreciate it.

OP
OP

Lost Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran a 315/70/17 on the stock sport wheels and no lift with no issue, not even on trails.

As for the bed liner, definitely a spray in will be your best bet and most places (LineX or Rhino) will do it for about $400 here in Colorado. I have seen mixed reviews on the drop in liners for the Gladiators and some fitment issues
Was it a max tow package with those tires?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got a Max Tow and I ran 315 70 17 BFG KO2s on mine for 2 days with no lift. I had to trim a small part at the bottom of the air dam but other than that it was fine. Here's a picture of it before I put the lift on

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Tires and Drop In Bedliner IMG_20200213_182855

IMG_20200213_183153.jpg

OP
OP

Lost Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a Max Tow and I ran 315 70 17 BFG KO2s on mine for 2 days with no lift. I had to trim a small part at the bottom of the air dam but other than that it was fine. Here's a picture of it before I put the lift on

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Tires and Drop In Bedliner IMG_20200213_183153

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Tires and Drop In Bedliner IMG_20200213_183153
Good looking rig.