Sponsored

Misfitted With JL Side Steps

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Tj
I was watching a YouTube video earlier of a guy reviewing a Rubicon. Most of the prespec rubi’s I see right now have the rock rails. The rubi in the video had the step sides. But, they weren’t JT side steps. It looks like the dealer might’ve taken a set from a JL and slapped them on there. It doesn’t look good at all. I figured I’d share this, in case anyone misses it and winds up with the wrong step sides. Make sure you get what your paying for! This is the only instance I’ve seen of this. I test drove an overland the other day and the they went from the front fender to the back.

324CB2A8-2529-4EA4-8298-4250652A0360.png

4D9F9209-73F2-4EAF-AD8A-AD32C2604995.png
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I was watching a YouTube video earlier of a guy reviewing a Rubicon. Most of the prespec rubi’s I see right now have the rock rails. The rubi in the video had the step sides. But, they weren’t JT side steps. It looks like the dealer might’ve taken a set from a JL and slapped them on there. It doesn’t look good at all. I figured I’d share this, in case anyone misses it and winds up with the wrong step sides. Make sure you get what your paying for! This is the only instance I’ve seen of this. I test drove an overland the other day and the they went from the front fender to the back.

That looks like...um.....shit

OP
OP
Capt.Longshore
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Tj
I’m not a huge fan of these steps. They seem to get in the way more than they do any good.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

WOW! I wonder if the mechanic at some point was like - hmm this doesn't look right!?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
well, I suppose that at least partially answers my question about using JLU steps, cause that is the most cobbled shit I've seen on a Gladiator yet.
What I've been wondering was about tube steps, probably not AS bad, but still no bueno.

upload_2019-5-13_0-34-1.png

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Thank you so much for posting this because I'm taking those steps off my JLU when my JT gets delivered and I hoped to be able to reuse them. These pictures are worth a thousand words.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

:facepalm: That’s looks like some redneck engineering I’ve done in my younger (dumber) days. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
:facepalm: That’s looks like some redneck engineering I’ve done in my younger (dumber) days. :fingerscrossed:
As a practicing redneck I am offended by that statement I would never show something like that in public. And I sure as heck wouldn't produce and publish a video memorializing my stupidity for eternity. The internet is a tough place you had better have your stuff right before you go public with an idea.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
As a practicing redneck I am offended by that statement I would never show something like that in public. And I sure as heck wouldn't produce and publish a video memorializing my stupidity for eternity. The internet is a tough place you had better have your stuff right before you go public with an idea.
Yep. Redneck and proud of it too. :rock:
But definitely wouldn’t be proud of that botched job. And I agree. I definitely would NOT be posting it on the web for all eternity. :lipssealed:

OP
OP
Capt.Longshore
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Tj
Thank you so much for posting this because I'm taking those steps off my JLU when my JT gets delivered and I hoped to be able to reuse them. These pictures are worth a thousand words.
Glad to help!

A-Surfs

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This brings up a total NOOB question I have been wondering on the step bars... With the Rubi rock rails that come standard, can you install step rails and keep the rock rails or do those have to be removed? Might be a dumb question but I wasn't sure if it was one or the other or if both would fit at the same time.

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
This brings up a total NOOB question I have been wondering on the step bars... With the Rubi rock rails that come standard, can you install step rails and keep the rock rails or do those have to be removed? Might be a dumb question but I wasn't sure if it was one or the other or if both would fit at the same time.
Yes and No. I believe if the steps are mounted in the same way as the rock rails then you'd have to replace the rails with the steps. I have seen some steps, can't remember which post they were in, that can be added while keeping the rails on. They used different mounting points.
Sponsored