Mods you regret

Jackdforme

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT High Altitude
Mopar all weather floor mats, with drian hole. I didnt do the research and i dont like that you have to cut hole in carpet to install them, if you dont they dont fit rite, and dealership wont take them back
Let us not also forget the sonic engineering oddity on the passenger side in any wet road. No water, but with that plug open your ears will think it's raining directly on the right side of your face.
Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Funny thing you mention this...
I was looking for a hard cover. The local dealer had the hard tri-fold cover. Of course, it was more $$, but they warned me away from it. Said the owner had one, and it kept breaking the snaps. They recommended the soft tri-fold Mopar. I bought it right before my trip to Oregon (like 3 hours before I left), and it went through 2 blizzards, wind gusts of 65mph...it's been great! Truckbed remained dry.
never had a problem with the soft cover other than I wanted a hard one for security. I got the truck early so things were limited at that time. The Arimis cover came out later. It was being a hard cover and how it props up that I liked and have really used since then.. But I never had a problem with the soft cover coming off or breaking.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
Mopar all weather floor mats, with drian hole. I didnt do the research and i dont like that you have to cut hole in carpet to install them, if you dont they dont fit rite, and dealership wont take them back
Same with me. However I cut the extended part off and bought extra floor plugs and filled the hole in the floor mat. They are ok now

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
never had a problem with the soft cover other than I wanted a hard one for security. I got the truck early so things were limited at that time. The Arimis cover came out later. It was being a hard cover and how it props up that I liked and have really used since then.. But I never had a problem with the soft cover coming off or breaking.
Oh, and the hard cover I got was not the Mopar one...

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Let us not also forget the sonic engineering oddity on the passenger side in any wet road. No water, but with that plug open your ears will think it's raining directly on the right side of your face.
Hmm, good to know. I have these mats and I haven't noticed that noise. Granted I've only been driving on wet winter roads; no summer rains yet.

That or my tire noise and blaring Shania Twain on the radio just drowns it out... 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I regret ordering the mopar grab handles. I have a soft top and the rear handles don't fit. I installed the front ones before I realized the back ones don't fit. Eventually I'll replace front and get something I can install in rear also.

My other regret is the premium audio I ordered with truck. The 8.4" radio is nice but the speakers sound like shit. I didn't realize that the speakers were exactly the same as the the cheap radio other than a sub.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
You may have gotten the wrong set or something. I never cut a hole in my and they fit perfectly

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I regret ordering the mopar grab handles. I have a soft top and the rear handles don't fit. I installed the front ones before I realized the back ones don't fit. Eventually I'll replace front and get something I can install in rear also.

My other regret is the premium audio I ordered with truck. The 8.4" radio is nice but the speakers sound like shit. I didn't realize that the speakers were exactly the same as the the cheap radio other than a sub.
There are two different handles, one for the front row and a different set for the second row. Not sure if they sent you two sets of front grab handles. I have them and they fit, but two different part numbers..

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I "just" bought these 2 weeks ago. The holes in the carpet were pre-cut. I just needed to make a small cut to release the carpet plug. Then it fit right in. I love the fit moreso than the Weathertech brands...plus, they connect in the rear over the tunnel area and protect it.

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, good to know. I have these mats and I haven't noticed that noise. Granted I've only been driving on wet winter roads; no summer rains yet.

That or my tire noise and blaring Shania Twain on the radio just drowns it out... 🤷‍♂️
Well, there ya go...the Shania Twain is the culprit :)

Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I "just" bought these 2 weeks ago. The holes in the carpet were pre-cut. I just needed to make a small cut to release the carpet plug. Then it fit right in. I love the fit moreso than the Weathertech brands...plus, they connect in the rear over the tunnel area and protect it.
I got mine from factory, but I've never been satisfied with the way they sit. Kind of pushed up a bit where the carpet cut out thing is. Could just be that they are misaligned and I need to position them better.

But - where exactly did you cut? Might need to do this as well. Do you have a picture?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
What brand did you go with? Looking at JCR.
JCR. Great hardware, pretty decent install, very stout. Just pretty useless in actual application. Maybe if I wanted to hold a shovel and a Hi-lift it would be useful, but I don't. I wanted bags, and it just isn't a good or useful thing. For $40 I put little steel pockets from the wheel wells to the back edge, and those are VERY useful.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
But - where exactly did you cut? Might need to do this as well. Do you have a picture?
Just look at the carpet where the drain hole in the slush mat is. There is a pre-cut oval there that is hidden by the carpet fibers. It's only held in by about a 1/4 or so of uncut carpet on the sides of the oval. complete the cut and pull out that small piece of carpet and there will be a rubber plug in the tub. Pull out that rubber plug and then install the slush mat. Press down at the drain plug area for the slush mat to seat itself into that hole in the tub. Provides a direct way to drain water or whatnot out of the floor boards without ever taking the mat out.
Sponsored