First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2003 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Aerospace/Defense
Im running stock tires on my Mojave (AT3) but dont think Ive ever dipped below 15mpg pulling a trailer no less. Commuting mix I get around 17 with 15-16 pure town and 17-20 hwy 70-75. This is Texas. At high altitude cruise of 65 -70 it can hit 25mpg! These things are probably far less aerodynamic than a brick!
Hard to imagine you're THAT MUCH better, but that seems to be the case. Granted I haven't flashed my computer yet to account for the 35's, but doing 75 on the interstate with the cruise set my mileage usually shows 11-15mpg. Every now and then with the cruise set at 70mph it'll hold a sustained 16mpg. Can the rack and slightly larger tires really make that huge of a difference?!
Thanks for the responses everyone :)
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Hard to imagine you're THAT MUCH better, but that seems to be the case. Granted I haven't flashed my computer yet to account for the 35's, but doing 75 on the interstate with the cruise set my mileage usually shows 11-15mpg. Every now and then with the cruise set at 70mph it'll hold a sustained 16mpg. Can the rack and slightly larger tires really make that huge of a difference?!
Are you running your tires at proper pressure? Also, with your rack are you at a negative rake (squat)? That rake helps a bit with mileage, not using the entire underneath of your truck as a lifting device and creating drag (think opposite of a spoiler).

Wrathis79

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2003 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Aerospace/Defense
Are you running your tires at proper pressure? Also, with your rack are you at a negative rake (squat)? That rake helps a bit with mileage, not using the entire underneath of your truck as a lifting device and creating drag (think opposite of a spoiler).
I can confirm the tires are at proper pressure and the rack is about 200lbs in the bed. I'm not sure how much that would affect rake...some but I can't imagine that it would be significant.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
I can confirm the tires are at proper pressure and the rack is about 200lbs in the bed. I'm not sure how much that would affect rake...some but I can't imagine that it would be significant.
Just millage update. A commute mix trying to max my mpg a hair over 20 average. This is rarely going over 70 but does have a good amount of stop and go. Mine is a manual fwiw. With my manual its the start off that really nukes millage in town. Gentle easy starts make a surprising difference.

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Just millage update. A commute mix trying to max my mpg a hair over 20 average. This is rarely going over 70 but does have a good amount of stop and go. Mine is a manual fwiw. With my manual its the start off that really nukes millage in town. Gentle easy starts make a surprising difference.
I can usually get around 20 once I get off the highway going 60mph with minimal stopping on the way home from work, but I agree that the takeoffs really tank the mileage.

Sponsored

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Going 75mph on the stock setup with AT’s and 37psi cold I get in the high teens for MPG.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I was getting 19-19.5 on the stocks at 34 psi. The 35" K02's are averaging 17.5 at 33 psi. I'm okay with that. The ride is fantastic and the handling is great. If I plan a longer highway run I'll pump them up to 35-36.

Elwood Hydro Blues

First Name
Elwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
My first post here. I traded my very beloved 2019 Wrangler Rubicon code named Hank for a brand new Mojave code named Elwood. Over 35K miles Hank gave me about 18.5 mpg life time average. Before Hank I has JK codenamed Jake. Jake was about the same as Hank on MPG. First tank on Elwood gave me ~14, now a 1k miles later doing about 17.2. Since it is heavier (~+500 lbs for Elwood relative to Hank) and 1 inch additional factory lift it looks like Elwood will end up pretty close the the mpg Hank gave. So Elwood seems to be following the trend I saw with Jake and Hank.

Driving habits and back roads vs highway are varied at about 50/50 with proper inflation, all factory. I never thought I'd enjoy anything more than rolling and wheeling in Hank, but I at this time I can't get enough hooning around with Elwood, pure goodness! I hope you all love your rides as much as I love mine. Enjoy!

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Pure stock suspension, 33's (KO2's) and running at 36psi resulted in a max of 17 mpg in the summer and dropped into the 14 mpg range in the cold months during my 14-month ownership. About the norm for a Mojave when looking back at all of the post's here. Part of the "charm". ;)

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
New I had 21mpg .. My Mojave lost 2-3 mpg after adding …1.5in Level kit on 35s @ 30psi w/ metal fb and winch, 23k miles avg 17.5mpg … tazer adjusted tire size . No complaints it was expected for sure and happy with the 17mpg thought would be worse tbh.

Sponsored

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
I find mpg increases significantly once the transmission warms up. like my sport is about 19-21mpg unless I'm on the road for over an hour and the transmission is fully warmed up then it goes to 22-24mpg

TheBEAR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock '22 Mojave w/ 6sp MT after 2 months and 2800 miles I'm averaging 19.3mpg in mixed driving.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
After 2 years now it’s averaged about 16-17.5 mpg with oem 33” Falken M/Ts. Also have a Banks Pedal Monster which I doubt is helping the mpgs.