First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2018 JLUR, 2004 Z71, 2013 Ram 1500
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Update: Went on a five hour trip the other day and on my way home I was in perfect driving conditions. No wind on empty interstate and speed limit was 65 so I had my cruise set 70. Averaged 21.9MPG in the first 150 miles which was great to see. After that got into some high winds and was able to increase speed to eighty for the rest of the trip and total trip average ended at 17.8MPG which I still believe is respectable for running 80MPH in a brick. It appears mileage has improved after putting some miles on the new engine.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
He doesn’t have a Mojave...
Doesn't matter. It's still a JT. Only real difference is the weight for the most part. The shape is the same, the width, length the same, height still in the same class as the other JTs.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Doesn't matter. It's still a JT. Only real difference is the weight for the most part. The shape is the same, the width, length the same, height still in the same class as the other JTs.
If I’m not mistaken, you have different gearing, different tire size and different tire type. He has 4.10 gears, larger tires that are either A/T’s or M/T’s. You have smaller road tires. Mojave is taller, having to punch a bigger hole in the air. It absolutely does make a difference. Not an apples to apples comparison. This was a thread for Mojave specific MPG.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I’m not mistaken, you have different gearing, different tire size and different tire type. He has 4.10 gears, larger tires that are either A/T’s or M/T’s. You have smaller road tires. Mojave is taller, having to punch a bigger hole in the air. It absolutely does make a difference. Not an apples to apples comparison. This was a thread for Mojave specific MPG.
It's like a Rubicon with a lift.
I have Rubicon wheels and tires.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
I’ve gotten 16-24 mpg on my rubicon JT , with MT tires (stock) depends on weather, temperature, type of roads, just an example , 200 plus miles on back roads in Maine and NH got 24 plus.

Sponsored

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh , by the way, these vehicles have been designed to run very good on 87 octane, if you are using anything else you are wasting your money.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So I've noticed with both my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and my 2019 JL Rubicon that it seems to be very sensitive to temperature. In the summer when it's hot I can get around 16-17 MPG. Now that it's turned cold, I'm getting about 14 MPG. Both act the same way. I've been using only real non-ethanol gas.
My Gladiator Rubicon is heavy, fully loaded, steel bumpers, winch, 37" tires, metal tonneau cover. I drive somewhat aggressively and tire pressure is 29 psi. All contribute to my current 13.7-14.1 MPG showing on the display. I didn't buy it for its gas mileage rating and it's a lot better than my Jeep GC SRT8 was which normally was about 11 mpg.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
So I've noticed with both my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and my 2019 JL Rubicon that it seems to be very sensitive to temperature. In the summer when it's hot I can get around 16-17 MPG. Now that it's turned cold, I'm getting about 14 MPG. Both act the same way. I've been using only real non-ethanol gas.
My Gladiator Rubicon is heavy, fully loaded, steel bumpers, winch, 37" tires, metal tonneau cover. I drive somewhat aggressively and tire pressure is 29 psi. All contribute to my current 13.7-14.1 MPG showing on the display. I didn't buy it for its gas mileage rating and it's a lot better than my Jeep GC SRT8 was which normally was about 11 mpg.
That seems like pretty low tire pressure, I would think going up to 35psi would increase the mileage a bit.

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That seems like pretty low tire pressure, I would think going up to 35psi would increase the mileage a bit.
You can do the chalk test and see where you are getting the best wear for your specific tire and rim width. At this pressure I'm evenly wearing the tire across instead of just in the middle which I am more at 35. Not to mention it rides and steers (tracks) so much better at this pressure level.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Oh , by the way, these vehicles have been designed to run very good on 87 octane, if you are using anything else you are wasting your money.
spend the next couple days reading up on knock correction, short term fuel trim, long term fuel trim, and then test it.

93 is a full mpg and change higher on my mojave than 87. They arent factory optimized for power on 93, no, but closed loop tables still get their say.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess you are a chemist also, I still say you need to break it in first, there’s not a lot of difference between Rubicon and Mojave.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I did stay at a holiday inn last night

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
My Overland MPG sucked when new. It never really got better until at about 7k miles I took it on a 1000 mile road trip. My mpg went up several mpg after that. It’s still bad around town, I get about 16 mpg city, but I went from 18 hwy to 21-22 as long as I don’t go over 75. Mpg drops a lot with the top or roof panels off too.

mine is an overland, but I’m running heavy E load 275/70/18s which measure out bigger than the Mojave 33s.

edit: Also on that trip I thrashed on it pretty hard for like 20 miles playing on a mountain road manually shifting and pretty much wide open for like 20 miles up and down a mountain trying to keep up with the sports cars in front of me. One of the two finished breaking my engine in.
Sponsored