First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
My local dealer said they need to take the car for couple days to get it assessed.

They'll determine if steering needs resolved. And if not there's a $200 fee.

Is that typical?

Thanks
no that is not typical at all.2 days is entirely too long to boot.

thankfully I haven’t had any issues yet with my Mojave’s Sans a broken window from a rock on the highway. However the dealers in so cal are the worst ever. Back in the day I owned a grand cherokee that I loved. when I went to get a new one the dealer was the most dishonest place I’d ever seen. It left such a bad taste in my mouth I swore off all dodge an Jeep vehicles for 12 years. Sadly the buying experience with my current Mojave wasn’t much better and had to drive 2 hours away to get one that wasn’t marked up over Msrp or had ceramic coating, alarm and vin etching. Which is a huge scam. i don’t know what it is about Jeep and dodge but the dealerships around here that sell them are absolutely awful. Seriously I visited 6 dealerships to finally get my Jeep. Everyone of them was dishonest and complete garbage. I believe fiat Chrysler would be the number one sales in front of ford and Chevy if their dealerships were better.
Sponsored

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
Our 2020 Mojave needs the dreaded steering gear replacement, which fortunately, the dealer here in Ocala didn't even blink about replacing. A lot of the roads here in Florida are straight as an arrow for long distances, and I can sit in the passenger seat watching the wife turn the steering wheel back and forth over and over to keep the thing in it's lane. I should film that before the repairs are done, and then do a before and after video.

The new steering gear is supposed to arrive next week, putting the ship time at around two-weeks. We also ordered the FOX premium steering stabilizer to tame the beast a bit more. Apparently Orlando is where the parts are stored or come into Florida.

Putting the MOPAR hand grips on the roll-bar was definitely way more work than past Wranglers, because of having to remove the roof panels. But on the plus side, they can't be easily stolen because they're screwed on.

Besides the steering gear, the only quirk I've noticed, ( @JeepCares ) (which might be a design flaw?) is that the back two A/C vents keep falling to the closed position after driving the vehicle. And I'm not talking off-road abuse, just day-to-day driving vibration is enough to cause them to do this, which really sucks in the Florida heat. I have to remember to keep opening them back up.

It was amusing that the dealer put nitrogen in the tires to juice the price, most especially, because these vehicles were designed to have the tires deflated somewhat for off-road use. What do those shameless profiteers think; that I'm carrying a nitrogen tank along with me?

I love the suspension on this thing, just like I'd hoped it's a real pothole/bad road crusher. No more worries about what the wife is gonna drive over, through, or into nowadays. Only thing that can get us now is a sinkhole.

For people like us, it's a much more practical vehicle than a Rubicon. Only thing in our lives that's rocky is our marriage.

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Sadly the buying experience with my current Mojave wasn’t much better and had to drive 2 hours away to get one that wasn’t marked up over Msrp or had ceramic coating, alarm and vin etching. Which is a huge scam. i don’t know what it is about Jeep and dodge but the dealerships around here that sell them are absolutely awful. Seriously I visited 6 dealerships to finally get my Jeep. Everyone of them was dishonest and complete garbage. I believe fiat Chrysler would be the number one sales in front of ford and Chevy if their dealerships were better.
The "stealership" problem isn't a "Jeep thing." Most of them are doing it. Just bought a new Mazda Miata, dealer had the window sticker jacked $3k with paint protection, pinstripes, add on to the brake lights, etc. If you fight, they'll back off. I made them take the car into the shop and remove the pinstripes, telling the salesman: "it ain't 1972 anymore, dude."

Our Mojave had the window sticker jacked too, but again, I negotiated out of most of it. Paint protection, tinted windows, a Sperion KAHU tracking device (gonna write about that soon if they don't remove it very shortly), and a host of other worthless goodies. Then there's the $700-$900 dealer fee that just about all of them charge.

Has a dealer ever asked you when appraising your trade if the vehicle has paint or fabric protection? Are these an option at the KBB website to select? Nope, didn't think so...

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
My local dealer said they need to take the car for couple days to get it assessed.

They'll determine if steering needs resolved. And if not there's a $200 fee.

Is that typical?

Thanks
Yeah...that's crap. My dealer drove it around the block, came back and said they'd put me on the list. And $200 if "they" decide it doesn't match. Run screaming from that dealer and NEVER go back!

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Our 2020 Mojave needs the dreaded steering gear replacement, which fortunately, the dealer here in Ocala didn't even blink about replacing. A lot of the roads here in Florida are straight as an arrow for long distances, and I can sit in the passenger seat watching the wife turn the steering wheel back and forth over and over to keep the thing in it's lane. I should film that before the repairs are done, and then do a before and after video.

The new steering gear is supposed to arrive next week, putting the ship time at around two-weeks. We also ordered the FOX premium steering stabilizer to tame the beast a bit more. Apparently Orlando is where the parts are stored or come into Florida.

Putting the MOPAR hand grips on the roll-bar was definitely way more work than past Wranglers, because of having to remove the roof panels. But on the plus side, they can't be easily stolen because they're screwed on.

Besides the steering gear, the only quirk I've noticed, ( @JeepCares ) (which might be a design flaw?) is that the back two A/C vents keep falling to the closed position after driving the vehicle. And I'm not talking off-road abuse, just day-to-day driving vibration is enough to cause them to do this, which really sucks in the Florida heat. I have to remember to keep opening them back up.

It was amusing that the dealer put nitrogen in the tires to juice the price, most especially, because these vehicles were designed to have the tires deflated somewhat for off-road use. What do those shameless profiteers think; that I'm carrying a nitrogen tank along with me?

I love the suspension on this thing, just like I'd hoped it's a real pothole/bad road crusher. No more worries about what the wife is gonna drive over, through, or into nowadays. Only thing that can get us now is a sinkhole.

For people like us, it's a much more practical vehicle than a Rubicon. Only thing in our lives that's rocky is our marriage.
I think I'd hold off on the FOX steering stabilizer until after you have the TSB done. You may find it to be totally unnecessary. My Mojave steers MUCH better...it's tight and precise. Much like the 2017 RAM I traded in. Just might save you some $$$.

Oh...and the before and after video would be interesting to see... :)

Sponsored

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I think I'd hold off on the FOX steering stabilizer until after you have the TSB done. You may find it to be totally unnecessary. My Mojave steers MUCH better...it's tight and precise. Much like the 2017 RAM I traded in. Just might save you some $$$.

Oh...and the before and after video would be interesting to see... :)
Too late on holding off on the steering stabilizer, already bought and paid for. I'd like to have it anyway. With FOX stuff everywhere else on the vehicle, it's kinda crazy that it wasn't installed, to begin with.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Key fob is too damn big. I have an appointment with my dealer on Thursday to see if they can fix it.
You should have done a little more research on the gladiator, three main points that are advertised quite a bit:
1) best in class max towing capacity
2) built in rain channel that cleans your pants, shoes and mats when it rains, just open the door!
3) largest key fob in the entire truck industry!

I don’t know about y’all, but I bought it specifically for #2 and 3 lol.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience that your AC vents may be causing you. If you would like to address this further, please bring this concern to the attention of your dealer and then follow up with us in a private message. Thank you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

JTMana

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
No problems here with my Mojave, I got mine with 2 miles on the odometer. I drove from Virginia to Miami and then Miami to central Texas. I’m almost at 5k miles and no problems Other than the steering TSB. and the dealership here in Texas completed the repair. and I had a leveling kit and fox steering stabilizer installed.

Sponsored

MojaveAZ2020

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Training Manager
I had a pretty severe valve cover gasket oil leak on the left side. Drove it 80 miles home from the dealership brand new and woke up the next morning to a large leak.
When I looked at the pictures from the dealership you can actually see it. Can’t believe it wasn’t caught by me or the dealer ahead of time.
Got it all fixed though and GTG.

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
Busted windshield. 1st one ever Not bad in 23+ years. CJ7, XJ Cherokee, JK and Gladiator.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
2800 Miles and I have a Service 4wd light and Parking Assist disabled. Unable to use 4wd and obviously parking assist is not working. Goes into dealership tomorrow. Im guessing, bad wheel sensor, loose connection or broken wire

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
2800 Miles and I have a Service 4wd light and Parking Assist disabled. Unable to use 4wd and obviously parking assist is not working. Goes into dealership tomorrow. Im guessing, bad wheel sensor, loose connection or broken wire
Well took it to dealership today. Scan indicated a broken wire or connection.

So after 2 hours of tracing wiring, they located a knicked wire under the transmission tunnel in a wiring loom. The wire had been crudely taped at the factory in a attempt to cover the damage.

When they removed the very loose fitting tape, they found the nicked wire was heavily corroded. Once this was "properly" fixed, no more issues.

MadMax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
only 500 miles here. No ability to lock in 4hi as advertised but it’s still awesome

97307828-B3E0-4441-91E0-5DA51A69E21F.jpeg
Yes you can you just have to turn everything on in the right sequence. Refer to manual
Sponsored