First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
I have the better part of MOPAR 2" and just swapped the MOPAR LCA's for Rancho Geo Brackets . rough pavement is smoother, crosswinds are handled like it did when the truck was stock . I only wish something like the Geo brackets were available for the TJ but.....

Rancho geo brackets on middle hole and OE lowers gave me .5 degree more caster ( 6 degrees total ) than just the Extended MOPAR arms did alone on the MOPAR 2" lift with half inch spacer on top of the front spring on a Sport S max tow for reference.

Last edited:

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
The Mopar LCAs take like 20 mins with swap out. I did with with the wheels on the ground, didn't even need to jack it up
How did you create the extra space to line up the bolt with the truck on the ground? I know it's not much, but the axle has to move ever so slightly.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How did you create the extra space to line up the bolt with the truck on the ground? I know it's not much, but the axle has to move ever so slightly.
I have done it twice. First time there was enough slack I could roll the wheels to get into alignment. Next time, I had to put a jack under the front differential yoke section and just ever so slightly lift up/down and everything came into alignment.

Small alignment tool like a 12" "lady Slipper" pry bar also helps.

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Superior......well that's some subjective terminology at best.

In regards to time(labor), money spent and outcome......the Mopar LCAs win with the same effect AND zero added weight

The drop brackets.....more time(labor), more money, more weight and same effect..........guess only you can decide.
If you've run both you'll no the outcome is not even close to the same. Even with the Mopar arms on the Mopar 2" springs caster is on the low side. Better than nothing, but not enough in my opinion. Even if you buy adjustable lowered and get the caster to 6⁰+ the same jeep with geo brackets will absolutely ride better and flex better. Flat arms transmit forces vertically where they are absorbed by the shocks and springs like stock. Angled arms transmit forces vertically and horizontally. Those horizontal forces are transmitted straight into the frame. The greater the angle the worse it is, but being that the Mopar 2" springs typically result in 3"+ on a sport I'd run the geo brackets. The rancho bracket are between $100-150 depending on source, cheaper than any adjustable arms and will result in better caster and better ride than the Mopar arms.

Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Man, the myths die hard, don't they?
Reality is that the rear of the control arms in the brackets still run higher than the front end of the control arms on the axle end.

Relocation Brackets vs Long Control Arms | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com
The flatter the better is the point though. Depending on lift height they must likely won't be perfectly flat. If you think the 1.75" difference with the brackets vs the 3.75" difference without then doesn't make a huge difference in ride I'm willing to bet you've never run them. Our 2022 JLUR with 3.5" lift rode pretty good with adjustable arms and the caster dialed in to 6.5⁰. There was still some harshness over bumps and potholes including just a tiny shimmy of the steering wheel. Added drop brackets and you don't even feel bumps on the road.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
im with @jeep1 in that the brackets provided a more noticeable improvement. I currently have BOTH the MPP LCAs and the geo brackets. No idea what my caster number is but the JT drives WAY better than it did with just the LCAs on.
Agree with that, brackets and the long arms....

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
Another option for geo brackets are the ones from JKS Manufacturing. They are very well made and beefy. I have a set in a box in case I decide to add another 1/2" spacer to the front 1.5" TF leveling kit.
Jeep Gladiator Mopar control arms vs drop brackets for 2 inch springs IMG_8173

https://a.co/d/2obacX6
Sponsored