First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
My other thread here, pushed me to look deeper.
how to not lose suspension warranty, get a good lift and level.

I think this guy might have found it. What do you guys think?
It’s a mopar 2” with a bunch of add on parts. Definitely seems to be what I’m after.
would love some of y’all’s opinions on how this will go. Or if you’ve done it this way.
Thank you for the info!

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Mine came with a 2" AEV lift installed and a CPO warranty of 7/100K after the factory warranty.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Is there something out of the Mopar lift you specifically want? If not why not just get a more complete lift for less money?
I've been led to believe that using the mopar lift and components i will not lose the factory warranty on those components. I won't be installing this myself, so in the long run it is less for me to F with. I'm a 100% disabled vet and ive been wrenching since 1997, but crawling around under and dealing with stuff like this is very difficult. If it is still factory covered i can just drop it off at the dealer and they deal with it.

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
There’s not really a lot that goes wrong with suspension components other than perhaps shocks leaking. That being said most shops will warranty an install including dealers. Might want to talk to a few dealers in your area and see what they install and how they warranty it. There’s a couple local dealers around here that install EVO and Clayton. Not that there s anything wrong with Mopar lift but it does seem pricey for what it comes with.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I've been led to believe that using the mopar lift and components i will not lose the factory warranty on those components. I won't be installing this myself, so in the long run it is less for me to F with. I'm a 100% disabled vet and ive been wrenching since 1997, but crawling around under and dealing with stuff like this is very difficult. If it is still factory covered i can just drop it off at the dealer and they deal with it.
I mean I guess if the warranty on springs and shocks matters to you that much then maybe it's worth it. That's really all you are preserving with the Mopar lift components but even then once you add in all the other stuff how much are you going to have that's not covered anyways?

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Are there cliffs notes to the video? What parts were added to the Mopar lift?

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
9:02 mark is exactly why long arms up front are the way to go.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
I mean I guess if the warranty on springs and shocks matters to you that much then maybe it's worth it. That's really all you are preserving with the Mopar lift components but even then once you add in all the other stuff how much are you going to have that's not covered anyways?
its no so much the parts. It's more that if i install xyz lift and they break a mount, or something connected to it the warranty wont cover it.
Are there cliffs notes to the video? What parts were added to the Mopar lift?
he gives the parts list at the very beginning of the video.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
its no so much the parts. It's more that if i install xyz lift and they break a mount, or something connected to it the warranty wont cover it.

he gives the parts list at the very beginning of the video.
They won't cover it anyways. The warranty covers defects, not stuff breaking like mounts that will be attributed to modifications. Mopar lift or other you break a mount, it's not covered. The Mopar lift is covered under the Mopar warranty, aka the parts themselves are covered, they are not covered under the vehicle warranty.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
They won't cover it anyways. The warranty covers defects, not stuff breaking like mounts that will be attributed to modifications. Mopar lift or other you break a mount, it's not covered. The Mopar lift is covered under the Mopar warranty, aka the parts themselves are covered, they are not covered under the vehicle warranty.
Knowing that, is there an all in one lift, appx 2" - 2.5" that lifts and levels the truck?
I know jack about lifts, so its all extremely new to me.
Idk how much if any off roading I will be doing, in the next year or so...outside of the insane snow e get here. No rocks to crawl over here really, so mostly mud, and trails afaik around here.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Knowing that, is there an all in one lift, appx 2" - 2.5" that lifts and levels the truck?
I know jack about lifts, so its all extremely new to me.
Idk how much if any off roading I will be doing, in the next year or so...outside of the insane snow e get here. No rocks to crawl over here really, so mostly mud, and trails afaik around here.
Most of the big name after market are pretty level other than Clayton and AEV. Cayton leaves about half the rake which is useful for towing and hauling stuff as well as their springs are a heavier triple rate in the back to reduce squat. AEV leaves all the rake as factory.

Personally I'd look at rock krawler and metal cloak as I've had great experiences with them, but other big names like teraflex and evo also sell quality complete lifts.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
Thanks! I'm right there with you. This is my first jeep, and will be my first lift. The video and list of parts and why he added those parts was useful. Still learning here....

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
how to not lose suspension warranty, get a good lift and level.

I think this guy might have found it. What do you guys think?
It’s a mopar 2” with a bunch of add on parts. Definitely seems to be what I’m after.
would love some of y’all’s opinions on how this will go. Or if you’ve done it this way.
Thank you for the info!

My understanding is that to keep your factory warranty intact, you would not only have to use the Mopar lift but also have your dealer install it. I waited over a year to lift mine so I had a lot of time to research the differences in kits and what was involved with the install. Before all the research, I fully intended to have the Mopar kit from my dealer. After all the reading and quotes from the 2 closest Jeep dealers, going with an aftermarket kit and installing it myself was the best option for me.

With the Mopar kit, you get longer springs, extended sway bar links, non-adjustable front lower control arms, bump stops, a couple of spring isolators, and 4 new shocks for about $2,000. On top of that, to keep my warranty the lowest dealer install quote was $1,400.

At that point I decided to install it myself which voided the warranty anyway, so I started looking at aftermarket lifts. After many hours or reading posts on here and watching youtube install videos, I had narrowed the lifts down to either Metalcloak or Clayton. Both companies are easy to work with and both are happy to provide help before, during, and after the sale. Ultimately, I went with Clayton’s Overland Plus 2.5 kit paired with Falcon 3.1 reservoir shocks. I waited until one of their sales for the lift and just happened to catch the shocks while they were being discontinued for the Gladiator. My total cost for the lift and shocks from Clayton was $3,423.39. For the same money as the Mopar kit I got much heavier components, 8 fully adjustable control arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, and 4 much better shocks. To get the cost down to that I had to do it myself, but I actually enjoyed installing it. It took several times longer than it would have 30 years ago but still being able to do it was rewarding in itself.
Sponsored