Sponsored

Most Hideous Gladiators and Wrangler..... EVER?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I have seen a Jeep Wrangler violated like the second and third one, some guy did it around 02-04 to a light green TJ. Full hydraulic's and airbags removed T-case and replaced axles to do it. It spent more time in shops for repairs than on road or car shows. About only thing not modded was grill, hood and tailgate to do it. He was invited to visit the Jeep club I was in, but not warm welcome with it. The guy traded it in for a more tuner type of ride the dealership that took it in ended up selling it at scrap metal price. To each their own.

I don't plan on putting any major mods to mine. I have to many lights on mine, for what some people here would think. But I want to be able to light up the night..... Hitting a deer or hog sucks!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Shootist

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys seen the really old suburbalanche picture? That one is pretty darn funny too. Here you go in case you missed it.

Jeep Gladiator Most Hideous Gladiators and Wrangler..... EVER? 215FD7AF-0077-4869-BBFD-103903AF8442

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys seen the really old suburbalanche picture? That one is pretty darn funny too. Here you go in case you missed it.

215FD7AF-0077-4869-BBFD-103903AF8442.jpeg
Well that's a O.G. on it. ;) setting up the ground work for this generation and last. :LOL:
Don't have to worry about it being stolen but I'd bet it's a b##### in parking lots.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Yes, the Quake one was a joke to troll us on this forum (and we all fell for it hard!) :CWL:

I think it was an April Fools joke, IIRC.
It was fantastic marketing. How long ago did they do that? And people are still talking about it? I would say whatever they paid for those wheels and tires...was worth all the attention they got for marketing.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I was questioning humanity and mankind’s overall intelligence level this morning. I was convinced that we as humans were not that bad until I ran across these monstrosities. WTF! All hope is lost.

Jeep Gladiator Most Hideous Gladiators and Wrangler..... EVER? 215FD7AF-0077-4869-BBFD-103903AF8442
Ive seen this one before and it's amazing imo

OP
OP
Shootist

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ive seen this one before and it's amazing imo
It is a pretty good rendering, just not a fan of lowered 4x4 vehicles in general. Doin that negates the purpose of why the vehicle was designed and built. I am OK with slamming a 2WD truck or even an AWD car but to do that to a vehicle designed specifically for off road capability just makes me scratch my head. I am fine with whatever anyone does with their vehicle but I do question why waste money on such a folly. Ok, only one with a true slammed Jeep? I guess I can understand the want to be unique. Heck, I am an AMC weirdo and when I take my 70 Javelin to a show I am usually the only one like it there unless it is an all AMC/Mopar show and then sometimes another 70 Javelin will make an appearance.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Different styles can certainly be interesting. We live on the west coast and vacation on Maui every few years. They have a lot of lifted 4x4s with really wide rims. The side walls are really pushed out. I thin it is actually called Hawaiian style. I couldn't find any jeep hawaiian styles, because they all drive Toyotas.

8d05a6227d3995ad015aa5dcb4dea992.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Different styles can certainly be interesting. We live on the west coast and vacation on Maui every few years. They have a lot of lifted 4x4s with really wide rims. The side walls are really pushed out. I thin it is actually called Hawaiian style. I couldn't find any jeep hawaiian styles, because they all drive Toyotas.

8d05a6227d3995ad015aa5dcb4dea992.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
It's actually called "Cali style"... Always has been. But with the Cali-style, it's typically got the ass-end squatting low like a prison bitch open for business.

Sponsored

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
I was questioning humanity and mankind’s overall intelligence level this morning. I was convinced that we as humans were not that bad until I ran across these monstrosities. WTF! All hope is lost.

Jeep Gladiator Most Hideous Gladiators and Wrangler..... EVER? maxresdefault

I'm pretty sure the orange and purple ones aren't even possible with a solid front axle. Unless you removed the engine...

TampaJLU

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2017 BMW M4 2017 Z06

Such a negative camber is stupid. Impacts driveability and ruins tire life. Plus it looks ridiculous.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
It's actually called "Cali style"... Always has been. But with the Cali-style, it's typically got the ass-end squatting low like a prison bitch open for business.
First, your comment almost made me spit out my lunch, with that "open for business" part. Hilarious.

I have lived in California my whole life an never heard or seen that here. If you google Hawaii style, you see a ton of them. If you search California style, don't see any. If it was originally Cali Style, Hawaii has taken it over in strides.

Who ever did it first, I would not want to take credit for it. LOL
Sponsored