First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys Diesel
Occupation
Management
Which antenna are you going to use from PCTEL as I wouldn't never take my full top off either
I am using the KG450UDPL and placing a mini UHF connector inline about 30 inches from the antenna so I can remove the roof if I get a wild hair.
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I used a bracket that I found at Lowe’s and mounted it on the windshield fold down bolt. Works great so far.

Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna E209F045-966D-4EE4-B679-CA0B45776A00
Do you happen to have a zoomed out pic that shows how it looks? I ordered the same "Midland ghost antenna" and need to order a mount. This looks like a great solution- Thanks!

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Do you happen to have a zoomed out pic that shows how it looks? I ordered the same "Midland ghost antenna" and need to order a mount. This looks like a great solution- Thanks!
I'll get you one when I can. My rig was dropped off at the shop that does all my work. I've been developing death wobble and I thought I was gonna die on Friday coming home. So we are all trying to figure out what has come loose or broken.

I mounted the brain in the box under the rear seat and the mic extension cable comes up by the radio from the floor.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'll get you one when I can. My rig was dropped off at the shop that does all my work. I've been developing death wobble and I thought I was gonna die on Friday coming home. So we are all trying to figure out what has come loose or broken.

I mounted the brain in the box under the rear seat and the mic extension cable comes up by the radio from the floor.
Thanks. Sorry to hear about the death wobble. I have been renting a gladiator different weeks when I travel for work from Avis (keeping down mileage on mine). I had the death wobble in that one last week at about 75 mph on the Interstate. Scared the crap out of me. I am sure they’ll get it fixed up.

Sponsored

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Thanks. Sorry to hear about the death wobble. I have been renting a gladiator different weeks when I travel for work from Avis (keeping down mileage on mine). I had the death wobble in that one last week at about 75 mph on the Interstate. Scared the crap out of me. I am sure they’ll get it fixed up.
Let me know if these are good for you
A9DF11B2-0F65-4F34-B8A4-BC8293AD9393.jpeg

0690CA71-E357-4665-B1D1-76296A9AB4CD.jpeg

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I mounted my radio and antenna this way. Also if you have excess cable do not wind the extra up in a coil, that will create interference noise try and route it back and forth.
Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna IMG_4787
Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna IMG_4788
Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna IMG_4789
Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna IMG_4790

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Who makes your cross bar mount for the radio ? Been looking for one.

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
just had foot surgery, when i'm able i'll take pics of my rig

Sponsored

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I used a bracket that I found at Lowe’s and mounted it on the windshield fold down bolt. Works great so far.

E209F045-966D-4EE4-B679-CA0B45776A00.jpeg
Really like this setup. I purchased the same bracket but the holes don't seem to be the right sizes. Did you modify the btaket at all?

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Really like this setup. I purchased the same bracket but the holes don't seem to be the right sizes. Did you modify the btaket at all?
Yes I had to drill out both bolt holes.

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
So for the radio i have it mounted opposite side on the passenger side of the gear shift. i have it mounted with Velcro on the plastic and the mounting bracket. I didn't want to screw into the plastic console. I have it wired to one of the aux switches, that way it only comes on when i turn the switch on and it's not always drawing current from the battery. As for the antenna i used a bracket i got from Rugged Radios for 20 bucks. I have the Midland MXT 400 with a 6 db antenna

Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna 20210201_121313

Jeep Gladiator Mounting GMRS antenna 20210201_120423

Last edited:

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Very similar to mine. I kept the driver side open for a side arm mount.

So for the radio i have it mounted opposite side on the passenger side of the gear shift. i have it mounted with Velcro on the plastic and the mounting bracket. I didn't want to screw into the plastic console. I have it wired to one of the aux switches, that way it only comes on when i turn the switch on and it's not always drawing current from the battery. As for the antenna i used a bracket i got from Rugged Radios for 20 bucks. I have the Midland MXT 400 with a 6 db antenna