Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I really get the most shade from Taco and 4 Runner people. They are usually the ultra modded ones. I'm probably running bigger tires with my 33s. I think someone pointed out on here that you are not wheeling a Taco on 35s with out major modification.

But there is literally no accounting for taste.
I just don't give a shit what people think. People love their Subaru Outback. I had one for two years and hated it. loathed it. Worst car I ever owned. I dig my jeep. I find excuses to drive it. I got the top off and they are stuck in their hard top truck or SUV... They can suck it. It cost more, but I get to have a convertible truck. I know my ex wife hates it and her new husband loves it. Sure that went over well.

I see it with music too. Most people love stuff I hate. I hate stuff that most people love. But whatever. Everyone gets to take their spins around the world as they see fit. Just don't be a dick.
Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I had my heart set on Gobi, but damn that Gator looks fucking awesome...

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yeah tough call. I can say my Gobi does hide dirt really well.

I had my heart set on Gobi, but damn that Gator looks fucking awesome...

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
My son (and I) have owned many cool vehicles over the years and he just bought a Launch Edition and he can't believe the number of looks and comments he receives while driving it. My Hydro Blue Rubicon should be in by the end of the month so I have that to look forward to.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Yeah tough call. I can say my Gobi does hide dirt really well.
Gator hides it great as well. I had to take this picture as we had just gone camping and there is literally a layer of camp dirt all over the vehicle. But for whatever reason, the Gator color almost looks better dirty and you can't really even tell.

Granted it's not full off-road mud, but for everyday dirt, you can stretch out the car washes a little further with Gator. Cost savings! (I'm a tight ass) :beer: :LOL:.

Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. dirt2a

Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
That's almost as rare as seeing chinese people eating at a chinese restaurant in America. :CWL:
Try Northern California, Chicagoland, New York city. Tons of Chinese restaurants with Americans of Chinese descent there :)

Just not in anyplace named " (the) Great Wall"

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I expected to get polarized reactions, typical hate it or love it stuff.

Instead I've gotten 100% positive comments so far. Maybe people are being polite, but anyone who bothers to say something has been pretty impressed - and to be honest I'm impressed people actually know what it is given how few I see on the road.

Likewise with the color. I live next to a fort, but I'm not really going after the Army look. I went with Gator because I liked a green, even if it's a muted one. Much to my surprise people seem to dig it, maybe just because it's unique. All I know is the dealerships must have banked on everyone wanting black and white, because I had to look pretty hard to find what I wanted.

And this is with the stock sport s rims and tires. All I've had time to add was some steps.

The last compliment was over the weekend dropping off some old furniture at the dump. Surrounded by full sized "work" trucks, nice lady hops out of one to come inspect it and give me the thumbs up.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I used to love a place in Chicago called Tommy's on Clark just north of Belmont. It was under the El. Little Asian guy would sell a giant serving of fried rice for like $3. He also had brats and burgers. Cause...America. This was back in the Punk N' Donuts days of Clark and Belmont.

Try Northern California, Chicagoland, New York city. Tons of Chinese restaurants with Americans of Chinese descent there :)

Just not in anyplace named " (the) Great Wall"

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Gator hides it great as well. I had to take this picture as we had just gone camping and there is literally a layer of camp dirt all over the vehicle. But for whatever reason, the Gator color almost looks better dirty and you can't really even tell.

Granted it's not full off-road mud, but for everyday dirt, you can stretch out the car washes a little further with Gator. Cost savings! (I'm a tight ass) :beer: :LOL:.

Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. dirt2a
It’s official....I’m going Gator. Such a perfect color for this vehicle.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It’s official....I’m going Gator. Such a perfect color for this vehicle.
Hope you can find one on the lots cause I don't think you can order Gator anymore on new builds

Sponsored

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Hope you can find one on the lots cause I don't think you can order Gator anymore on new builds
I have to admit online I thought it was the absolute ugliest color.

Then I saw one in person and it looked completely different. Then in the shade it was even different than the sun by a substantial amount. Its really a cool color.

I feel the same way about my firecracker red. online i was meh. In person it was better. On an overcast day it really pops, its like wearing polarized lenses and it really stands out.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct...I’m playing the waiting game, hoping it gets added in the coming months, kind of like it was last year.

2 weeks ago my dealer contact told me orders for 2021’s were open, I was gutted when he told me I couldn’t order Gobi or Gator.

Fingers crossed....

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I get comments all the time and yes it’s either that they love it or think it’s ugly. I find it funny and don’t really care because I think it’s one of the best looking vehicle I have owned. Just had new tires installed yesterday and the tech that pulled it out of the garage told me that he thinks Gladiators are ugly but lifted on 37s changes the look entirely and he loved it. I guess that was a compliment mixed with a knock on the truck. Then he spent the next 20 minutes looking it over and saying he wanted one now.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
CEO
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't care what others think or my preferred vehicle. Like others have said... It is an enjoyable vehicle to drive and a jeep and a truck. I have owned every make truck on the market and so far none are as enjoyable as driving my Gladiator. Some of you have really cool looking ones and others stock models that suit just fine. To each their own. Enjoy and JeepOn!

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I really don't care what others think or my preferred vehicle. Like others have said... It is an enjoyable vehicle to drive and a jeep and a truck. I have owned every make truck on the market and so far none are as enjoyable as driving my Gladiator. Some of you have really cool looking ones and others stock models that suit just fine. To each their own. Enjoy and JeepOn!
Do you know anything about Raptor Drivers as a group? I know Im generalizing, but three times Ive had Raptors come up on me, slow down as if to race, then take off. In one instance he cut me off to slow down then sped off.

Are they a special sub group of truck Bros?
Sponsored