Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I don't know where you guys live because here no one has ever come up to me in the gas station and said anything. Sure I see people looking when the roof and doors are off but other than that I don't see too many people taking any extra notice. I've had 1 guy ask me a few questions in a store parking lot when I got out and 1 guy said he liked my Jeep truck at a stop light next to me.
I don't get any from strangers either, just have had family ask when we've shown up driving the Jeep.
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I don't know where you guys live because here no one has ever come up to me in the gas station and said anything. Sure I see people looking when the roof and doors are off but other than that I don't see too many people taking any extra notice. I've had 1 guy ask me a few questions in a store parking lot when I got out and 1 guy said he liked my Jeep truck at a stop light next to me.
I live in Orange County (CA) and I probably average 2-3 inquiries a week.

An example inquiry: the other day I was sitting in the Hobby Lobby parking lot as my boys and I waited for my wife to grab something. Hobby Lobby was probably the last place I thought I'd get a Jeep inquiry, but this lady pulled up in a Tacoma right in front of where I was parked.

She was probably mid-60s, looked like Judge Judy. She got out and walked right over and was starring at the side of the car. I rolled the window down and greeted her and she began gushing about the Gladiator. She said she's always driven trucks, something about them, and was thinking about trading in her Tacoma for a Gladiator. We talked for a good 5 minutes. She said seeing my JT was the final blow to her Taco and she's going to get a Gladiator.

Then she went in and probably bought a flower arrangement for her dining room table.

satfico

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I never pay any attention to the noise of others. It will always exist, no matter what. I purchase what I want to purchase because, financially I can, and more than anything else, I want it.
Generally speaking, people are jealous they can't drive around in a 60K convertible truck.
Wait until they see my 2021 4 X 4 Revel RV!!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Correct...I’m playing the waiting game, hoping it gets added in the coming months, kind of like it was last year.

2 weeks ago my dealer contact told me orders for 2021’s were open, I was gutted when he told me I couldn’t order Gobi or Gator.

Fingers crossed....
I had the same reaction but I crumbled and went with Hydro Blue JTR Eco Diesel....And now we wait...and WAIT!!

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I never pay any attention to the noise of others. It will always exist, no matter what. I purchase what I want to purchase because, financially I can, and more than anything else, I want it.
Generally speaking, people are jealous they can't drive around in a 60K convertible truck.
Wait until they see my 2021 4 X 4 Revel RV!!!!!
I want to see that RV

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I’ve owned a lot of cars, SUVs, and truck. I’ve been very fortunate to own a lot of good looking vehicles that get compliments. This Gladiator is up there with the most compliments, but it’s crazy how polarizing it is. I get a lot of compliments, like a surprising amount. However, I get almost as many negative. Now most of the negative are not actually to my face, I hear them talking shit. A handful of asshats feel the need to tell me how ugly it is. It’s just weird. I don’t really care, it actually entertains me.

You guys experience this? I have a most stock Sting Gray Overland. It just has 275/70/18 Revo 3s, matching front tint, and blacked out emblems. Pic for reference. I love the look of it and I’m not trying to solicit compliments.

66D9C99D-2A74-4565-861C-E55651309055.jpeg
No negatives so far - here just south of Boston, MA they don't see that many Gladiators - though they are becoming more common in my suburbs. A lot of interested questions from current or former Jeep Wrangler owners.

Jeeperwilly

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
Occupation
Ecologist
I’ve owned a lot of cars, SUVs, and truck. I’ve been very fortunate to own a lot of good looking vehicles that get compliments. This Gladiator is up there with the most compliments, but it’s crazy how polarizing it is. I get a lot of compliments, like a surprising amount. However, I get almost as many negative. Now most of the negative are not actually to my face, I hear them talking shit. A handful of asshats feel the need to tell me how ugly it is. It’s just weird. I don’t really care, it actually entertains me.

You guys experience this? I have a most stock Sting Gray Overland. It just has 275/70/18 Revo 3s, matching front tint, and blacked out emblems. Pic for reference. I love the look of it and I’m not trying to solicit compliments.

66D9C99D-2A74-4565-861C-E55651309055.jpeg
After 13 months of having this truck, I'm still surprised how many folks have an opinion. I work a fair amount on or near piplines and atleast 2-3 guys on each project come over and strike up a conversation. It feels like 90% of the time that conservation starts with "Why didn't you buy a real truck?", but surprisingly it's usually followed up with "Just kidding man, how do you like it?"

My answer is always the same: "It's great! Most practical impractical vehicle I've ever owned."

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
After 13 months of having this truck, I'm still surprised how many folks have an opinion. I work a fair amount on or near piplines and atleast 2-3 guys on each project come over and strike up a conversation. It feels like 90% of the time that conservation starts with "Why didn't you buy a real truck?", but surprisingly it's usually followed up with "Just kidding man, how do you like it?"

My answer is always the same: "It's great! Most practical impractical vehicle I've ever owned."
I have a “real truck” (flatbed 450 with vinyl (singy in the summer) and when people ask me about my JT. “I wake up ans peek out the window at her every day...”. Everything has a purpose

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
In the beginning I didn't think they looked great. Some of the bare bones stock ones with tiny tires look goofy but 33's and up they look great.
I feel like everyone WANTS to hate it. I've heard it all "you can't tow" "you can't haul" "you can fit anything in the bed" "it's too small" "it's too big" "it's not a v8" "it has 4 doors"
It's like people have to convince themselves it's not cool. It's a bit like those house shows where the realtor shows them a house but they hate the counter tops or the paint.
If the public could build a truck based on all the crap they spew it would be able to tow 42,000 lbs, 16 people, get 63 mpg and fit in any parking spot or garage and only cost $16k loaded.

Eta
Something funny to add. I had to take my wife in for a quick procedure. After it was done I had to get the truck and come around a pick her up. They had wheeled her to the door and asked what I was driving and she told them a gladiator. She said the female nurse freaked out saying she loved them and they freaked out again when I pulled up. Then the other patient that was also waiting on a ride she said she loved it too. Lol it's funny people will tell my wife how cool it is but they would never tell me. Lol

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I have to sneak out of the house under cover of darkness ....I can’t step 5 feet into the world without the neighbors stopping and asking. Good thing.

Maybe here in AZ where Jeeps are like the state bird, there are a ton of folks that really appreciate them.

Not many vehicles like them that you can start with one canvas and completely change it to something different.

JD D05

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I get a lot of compliments but haven't heard anything negative. I am use to it with the boat I have. People at the gas station will engage in very long conversations. Sometimes I mess around and give ridiculous answers.
Sponsored