Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
I think most of the negative comments come from jealousy, but I turn 50 this year, owned over a hundred cars and trucks. Honestly I can say that my Gator Sport S is the ONLY one were people have run across the parking lot to tell me how ugly it is and they hate them (3X). My only response is, "well I guess your lucky you don't drive it then"
So, polarizing, yes, ABSOLUTELY.
Sponsored

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
Most of my Jeep friends have nothing to say about my JT and a few comment that they don't like it at all. I love it and it covers all the needs I require of it so I'm happy with my purchase.

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
I have had a lot of compliments and a few "WOW's" when I roll up in the JT and have a 22' travel trailer in tow. A lot of people have no idea it can be used like a small truck :) . I have noticed that I now look at other small trucks on the road and try to think if they would work better or worse for me then the JT. Then I flip the top back and let the fresh air take all those thoughts away .

I have a 2500 Chevy and a Dodge Ram 1500 in my stable currently. I really like driving the JT as much as possible and even use it as a truck sometimes.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Most of my Jeep friends have nothing to say about my JT and a few comment that they don't like it at all. I love it and it covers all the needs I require of it so I'm happy with my purchase.
I’m stunned your Jeep friends don’t like it. Wranglers owners I’ve talked to all seem to want one. I totally get that Gladiators aren’t for everyone but they’re a Wrangler with a short truck bed. And they ride better.

As to the guy who said he’s had three people approach him in parking lots to tell him it’s ugly and they hate it -well, those are called crazy people! Imagine the kind of person who sees a car they hate and starts a conversation with the owner to shit talk it. Do those same people walk up to strangers and tell them their baby is ugly? Some people weren’t raised right.

Deleted member 28696

When I first purchased my 2021 Gladiator JTR I received a few compliments while filling up, entering the state park etc. I really haven’t received many recently. I think they are getting more common & less of a novelty. One of the inquiries was from a person who was thinking of purchasing one, how do you like it? Gas mileage Etc, another liked my customizations. A lot of people like the looks of the vehicle but have mixed feelings since it’s a Chrysler product, so it’s polarizing in that regard.

Sponsored

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Ehh, whatevs. If it means I don't have to wave to the 5,000 Wranglers I come across every day, then I'm cool with that.

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director
I just traded in my 2nd Ford Flex in for my Gladiator… on the outside, they were comparative with either people liking it or hating it! But I have to say for as comfy, roomy and great of a ride down the highway the flex was, this gladiator is so much more fun to drive! I actually enjoy the coziness (as the Mrs puts it… smaller than the flex) and even the wind and tire noise. It’s such a different experience! We also own a New Beetle Convertible, so our family has always chose the “different” vehicles! I suppose that’s a reflection of us and I think that’s a good thing!

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
I have noticed it's pretty polarizing. Some people really hate the Jeep truck idea, or offer their input as to how they would have made it better. I usually get this from full-size Chevy guys.

Even weirder are the sub-tier Jeep owners with inferiority complexes that seem to really hate the JT. XJ owners, Renegade owners, and all the lesser models that think they're special because they're some of the few that actually wheel those models. The Renegade people are the odd ducks for sure. They're driving around in re-badged Fiat 500s without low range and seem to really be proud of splashing around on roads leading to the trail heads. Yet from what I understand they tell themselves they're superior to the JT owners... I haven't ascertained how or why but they're sure adamant it's fact because they take theirs off-road :giggle:

I had one guy tell me he was absolutely positive he has received more ducks than I'll ever receive. I sure hope he's right!

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I can honestly say I have never gotten nor heard anyone make a negative comment about my Gladiator.
Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. 174773F6-47E3-4B55-8221-333B93EC85DE
Nice looking JTW...... question, how do you like those Firestones? Size?

And how is the highway noise with those?

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
If anything, my Gladiator has been the most polarizing vehicle I have owned for my own self. Sometimes I love it, and other times it’s a very frustrating vehicle.

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Nice looking JTW...... question, how do you like those Firestones? Size?

And how is the highway noise with those?
Thank you! I love the Firestones so much. The look, the confidence they give me and the ”bite” is fantastic. The road noise is completely tolerable and isn’t even that noticeable even on the highway. The size is LT255/75R17.
Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. 84A25E7C-E758-4AC6-823D-8B1B8FD53918

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
If anything, my Gladiator has been the most polarizing vehicle I have owned for my own self. Sometimes I love it, and other times it’s a very frustrating vehicle.
80BB4163-4507-4B5A-B92E-CEB1707AFCEB.jpeg

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Islander, 21 JT Rubicon, 19 Grand Sport
Occupation
scientific negotiator
I've always considered the Gladiator to be ugly (and still do). Now I consider it wonderfully ugly. Kinda like a Glock.

Nothing wrong with a little functional ugly (nor holster rash).

Next to the vette this is my favorite vehicle, ugly or not!