Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Mosin62

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator willys
Occupation
Retired
Hi guys the angle on back door is gone never understood why they did that like the pic looks better your way
Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Mr. Paulie Walnuts is my spokesman (can I still say that??)...I let him handle the insolent rabble.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
I've had zero people comment on my gladiator so far. Where I live is a big Chrysler product kind of town so maybe people are just used to it.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Hi guys the angle on back door is gone never understood why they did that like the pic looks better your way
Jeep engineers said they left it like that for cheaper aftermarket support and the gladiator and wrangler could share the same aftermarket door options.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I haven't gotten any negative comments on my Gladiator and don't care what anyone thinks, I'm too busy enjoying it.

So many trucks have become wildly bloated- cumbersomely big and poseurish with bad visibility and just needless/useless bulk, and ponderous, numb, handling. And I'm saying that as someone who has owned and preferred 3/4 and 1 tons, and even had an F350 OBS DRW 4x4 with toolbox body and ex-Air Force Crash Truck front diamondplate steel/ brush guard/ winch bumper as a daily driver - I like sturdyness and dimensional/ load capacity. But I don't like bloat.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. tt4

So my kids have convinced me to keep the Jurassic Park decals through Christmas (it was originally part of a Halloween Trunk or Treat display). I keep getting a ton of compliments as I often drop off my kids at elementary school and they get out of the JT like it's a limousine. It's funny because all of the kids say "Jurassic World" instead of Park. A employee at Target asked to take pictures of it.

Anyway, at drop-off today, I had a couple kids hovering around the truck and then an older Dad (maybe even a Grandpa) came up to the side of my Gladiator, pointed at the vehicle, and then stared at me. Stared. The window was rolled down so I said "how's it going?" with a WTF look on my face. He continued to stare then after a long pause said, "you have about 20K miles on this Jeep?" I said yes. He said, "I can tell because of your tires." Then he walked off.

Random, party of one.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I am always getting random compliments on mine. Even from other Jeep owners.

Deleted member 28696

So my kids have convinced me to keep the Jurassic Park decals through Christmas (it was originally part of a Halloween Trunk or Treat display). I keep getting a ton of compliments as I often drop off my kids at elementary school and they get out of the JT like it's a limousine. It's funny because all of the kids say "Jurassic World" instead of Park. A employee at Target asked to take pictures of it.

Anyway, at drop-off today, I had a couple kids hovering around the truck and then an older Dad (maybe even a Grandpa) came up to the side of my Gladiator, pointed at the vehicle, and then stared at me. Stared. The window was rolled down so I said "how's it going?" with a WTF look on my face. He continued to stare then after a long pause said, "you have about 20K miles on this Jeep?" I said yes. He said, "I can tell because of your tires." Then he walked off.

Random, party of one.
Actually looks kind of neat with the Jurassik Park decals, fits the truck well.

Tim Detour

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR-D
Occupation
I&E
I like that there is a Jeep truck made just for enthusiasts. Most people won’t understand at all. I’ve had jeeps for the last 30 years and they are never good enough for some. These same guys won’t take my line 😂😂😂
I did a square body suburban Cummins build and I got tons of fans over that. There were the brand loyalists that absolutely hated the rig. I’ll never understand that. Oh well, gladiators are weird and that’s why I love them so.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Like previously stated, I posted this months ago when it was me and stock. I haven’t had anything but positive comments since I put my tires on it. I catch a lot of people looking at it and saying it’s cool or military or pretty or other positive comments. I don’t have huge tires on it, just 285/70/18s, but they’re big enough that it looks like it should have come that way. I really give most of the credit to my color Sting Gray. That’s what the majority of the comments are about. It really does look great on gladiators.

I spend my time between Raleigh and the Chattanooga area, but I grew up in Atlanta and spend a decent amount of time visiting friends and family there. One thing that surprises me is when I’m in sketchier parts of Atlanta, the more urban demographic absolutely loves it. I got so many compliments and nods and pics taken of it last summer on my trips to Atlanta. Especially, when passing through those areas.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine

Random, party of one.
Nice ride! What are those wheels please? Would love those in Titanium or Gun Metal. Must shop…

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's Ecodiesel
I've gotten more compliments on this than any other vehicle I've driven. This was written on the drink cup at the drive through the other day, the girl that made it couldn't have been more than 18 (which is why I'll forgive calling it a car).

Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. PXL_20211203_021914943.MP

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Like previously stated, I posted this months ago when it was me and stock. I haven’t had anything but positive comments since I put my tires on it. I catch a lot of people looking at it and saying it’s cool or military or pretty or other positive comments. I don’t have huge tires on it, just 285/70/18s, but they’re big enough that it looks like it should have come that way. I really give most of the credit to my color Sting Gray. That’s what the majority of the comments are about. It really does look great on gladiators.

I spend my time between Raleigh and the Chattanooga area, but I grew up in Atlanta and spend a decent amount of time visiting friends and family there. One thing that surprises me is when I’m in sketchier parts of Atlanta, the more urban demographic absolutely loves it. I got so many compliments and nods and pics taken of it last summer on my trips to Atlanta. Especially, when passing through those areas.
When you originally posted it was in stock form. I personally think "any" wrangler in stock form is funny looking. It's not until you either lift it or add accessories does the truck become more mesmerizing.....

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Nice ride! What are those wheels please? Would love those in Titanium or Gun Metal. Must shop…
Thanks for the compliment. They're Fuel Beasts 20x10. The tires are 33's, but I plan on a small lift and at least 35s at some point. We camp and go to the mountains, but I use it mostly as a Dad/Coach vehicle (hence the 20s).