First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Shop around every 2 years. After over 30 yrs with USAA, I saved $2000 a year with Progressive, home, and auto! Never a claim.... Shameful
I am following this thread as I'm experiencing the same thing. Good to know that I wasn't going crazy thinking my USAA policy was looking really high these days with no claims as well. Not looking forward to "shopping around" but hoping to find relief somewhere.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I am following this thread as I'm experiencing the same thing. Good to know that I wasn't going crazy thinking my USAA policy was looking really high these days with no claims as well. Not looking forward to "shopping around" but hoping to find relief somewhere.
I just shopped around and it wasn't bad at all. I even switched my homeowners and boats to keep the multiple policy discount.

I'd recommend you check with State Farm for one of the companies you get a quote from. They were the winner for me and seem to be doing well for others in this thread too.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Do you do business in Michigan?

Iā€™m in Michigan like the OP and Iā€™ve been getting hit with MCCA and other recoupments and assessments that were $145/6 months on my last 6 month renewal. The bold items at the bottom of the pic below.

IMG_1139.jpeg
Hereā€™s some suggestions for people trying to keep their premiums as low as possible. This is how we manage to keep our premiums low ( 2 homes and 4 vehicles).

1. If you have a home make sure to bundle all your policies with one carrier.
2. Keep a clean driving record (obvious)
3. I look at insurance for catastrophic coverage, not the nickel and dime stuff so I have my deductibles as high as possible. If you compare the cost/savings youā€™ll find that that it will pay for itself in 3 to 5 years.
4. If you have multiple cars consider dropping rental coverage.
5. Pay your premiums annually.
6. Get your kids their own policy as soon as feasible.

All the above will help reduce your premiums.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know that I wasn't going crazy
There are other sites and professionals that can address that. We won't speak to that part here.....

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
There are other sites and professionals that can address that. We won't speak to that part here.....
Ha I needed that laugh. Ironically enough my wife is a licensed professional counselor and not even she can help. I figured it's better to reach out to my fellow friends in this nut house instead.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
No tickets, no claims, no reason. My insurance bill for my 2017 JKU and my 2021 JT came in yesterday and my premiums went up over 25 percent. I called my agent and he said "Yeah, everything is going up. There's nothing we can do". Time to start shopping around.
Same... been happening for the past several years... little by little.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
All the insurance companies are raising the cost of their products. But if you think the rise in auto insurance is soaring, you might want to brace yourself for when the homeowners policy is up for renewal.
Yep.... I've gotten an increase every renewal for the last several years... my butt hurts.

Pilsner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 21 JTR
Good luck shopping around. I have Travelers and my Home and Auto went up 30% each. I got quotes from EVERYONE and Travelers still wound up being the lowest for me. In talking to different agents I was basically told the same thing over and over - rates are up because new car replacement costs are high as all hell, accidents have increased substantially, claims since the covid lock down ended have skyrocketed, costs of goods and material are high, and Erie insurance even told me it is because JEEPS are getting expensive to insure.

I had no issues. I went to a broker and my new rates are a little lower than my old rates before the increase. I keep the homeowners, umbrella, and vehicles all together except for a classic car policy.

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I had no issues. I went to a broker and my new rates are a little lower than my old rates before the increase. I keep the homeowners, umbrella, and vehicles all together except for a classic car policy.
I did go through a few brokers. Obviously, it is state specific too. Glad you were able to get the rates you did.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Our insurance went up also, I am going to shop around asap.
I just got our Registration renewal from the state - it went up over $100 from last year! That is supposed to go down as the vehicle ages, WTF! It went up for both my 21 Gladiator and my wife's 20 Grand Cherokee, crazy. Seems like the government wants everyone to go back to horse and carriage transportation, lol.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Our insurance went up also, I am going to shop around asap.
I just got our Registration renewal from the state - it went up over $100 from last year! That is supposed to go down as the vehicle ages, WTF! It went up for both my 21 Gladiator and my wife's 20 Grand Cherokee, crazy. Seems like the government wants everyone to go back to horse and carriage transportation, lol.
You are lucky then if you had your insurance go down as a vehicle ages. I am doing good if the premiums stay the same at renewal.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
You are lucky then if you had your insurance go down as a vehicle ages. I am doing good if the premiums stay the same at renewal.
Not Insurance - the license plate registration has always gone down each year until now.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not Insurance - the license plate registration has always gone down each year until now.
Totally missed that.

Probably explains the short bus I rode to school in as a child.

COASTAL CAJUN

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Gladiator 1981 Scrambler
Occupation
Marine Construction
Join the party. Mine went up also. 20% The blamed in on the insurance commissioner of the State Of Louisiana. šŸ˜³ Not sure what the truth is.
Sponsored