Sponsored

My long ass wait paid off. But not in the way you’d think

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I really wanted to type up a write up for you guys but I decided instead to do a quick video explaining why instead of the Red Rubicon I ordered, I ended up with an upgraded Silver LE.

Not happy about the order process. But it all worked out for the best.

Sponsored

Pbmax

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL
Nice video, congrats! Curious, what was the lease payment you were quoted from Tri-City?

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Glad you were able to get what you wanted, for what you wanted. I’m still a few months out from ordering or searching, but I did test drive a stock Rubi the other day. Pretty much sold on one now. Just gotta line up a few ducks first. But will definitely check out Orange Coast if nothing up here can work out a deal.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Glad you were able to get what you wanted, for what you wanted. I’m still a few months out from ordering or searching, but I did test drive a stock Rubi the other day. Pretty much sold on one now. Just gotta line up a few ducks first. But will definitely check out Orange Coast if nothing up here can work out a deal.
In the end, a lot of SoCal dealers were willing to make deals over the phone. Orange Coast just had a good selection. John Elway was quite good too and they were actually offering me a slightly better deal on a slightly lower spec.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice video, congrats! Curious, what was the lease payment you were quoted from Tri-City?
I don't want to post it here, I'm happy to tell you through a DM. But suffice it to say, my $58k MSRP order, was being sold to me for $52K, which is $6K off. But the lease payment was HIGHER than this fully loaded, LE with $5K (supposedly) in upgrades. So in the end I got a fully loaded LE, with leveling kit, upgraded wheels and 35" tires, all installed from a dealer 3 miles away from my home and it cost me less than the 7% below invoice deal that TriCity was offering me.

I don't want to accuse them of bait and switch, cause in the end they were willing to actually sell me the car for $52k if I brought in my financing. But for jack up the lease as much as they did was in my opinion not the right move.

Sponsored

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Sent PM.

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Did you get to keep the stock wheels?

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get to keep the stock wheels?
Good question. At the time I didn’t think to ask and would like to get them. Not sure if they’ll give them to me. I’m gonna ask anyway.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Congrats, that's a beautiful setup. I'm not a Silver vehicle fan, but I do think the Silver Gladiator looks better than the Firecracker Red Gladiator (I don't like red either, apparently.)

Those AEV Saltas are gorgeous, its what I wanted on my Wrangler and I've been wondering what it'd look like. Glad to see it. As far as getting the factory wheels back... I wouldn't expect it. They typically keep the take-off for other uses. Without knowing what you ended up paying out the door... I would probably be happy to get the upgrades and be done.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I talked to Orange Coast three times via phone and pretty much thought i had a deal worked out so i made the 2 hr. drive. Well.... i could not have been more wrong, 1% below invoice and they will give me 10k less on my trade compared to what other dealers have offered or pay MSRP and they will pay what other dealers have offered for my trade. Honestly they must think that the buying public is stupid.
Sponsored