JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
As of now, RCV is overnighting a set of seals. We’ll see tomorrow I guess.
When this is all over I’ll have a parts list for anyone following me on this adventure.
Sponsored

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
I'm definitely interested, though I plan to keep my oem Rubicon lockers. This is my daily driver and I'm mainly looking at the RCV setup for 4x4 in inclement weather vs the hopping/crabbing that I get with the u-joints up front.

The fact that they are similar in strength to a Dana 60 u-joint doesn't hurt either.

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm definitely interested, though I plan to keep my oem Rubicon lockers. This is my daily driver and I'm mainly looking at the RCV setup for 4x4 in inclement weather vs the hopping/crabbing that I get with the u-joints up front.

The fact that they are similar in strength to a Dana 60 u-joint doesn't hurt either.
If you keep the factory lockers you can get their 32 spline model, with or without the FAD. My factory locker is dead and I don’t want a full axle swap due to other upgrades to it.

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
As of now, RCV is overnighting a set of seals. We’ll see tomorrow I guess.
When this is all over I’ll have a parts list for anyone following me on this adventure.
Any updates,

I am making my shopping list. We just got the 35 spline ARB

Sponsored

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, ran buy the kinda local Yukon warehouse today. Grabbed seals that were as close as we could find and they don’t fit...

reached out to SealsIt and ordered another set late today. They’ll ship out on Monday to be here Tuesday.

When I finally find the correct ones I’ll post the part numbers and links for any who are wanting to do this same thing.

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Just checking in on how everything is going with this after the install. I am waiting on my RCV 35 spline nonFAD shafts and 5.13 gears to come in. I have not ordred the seals you mentioned yet but its on the list.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checking in on how everything is going with this after the install. I am waiting on my RCV 35 spline nonFAD shafts and 5.13 gears to come in. I have not ordred the seals you mentioned yet but its on the list.
So far everything is good. Going on my first offroad trip this weekend to test everything out. Added 39” BFG KM3s last week. No issues with daily driving.

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You b

you bet! Let me know if you have any questions during install. Was pretty easy after finding the seals.
first off-road trip to Hot Springs ORV park last week. ran some pretty difficult trails with out any issues. going to Moab next week so it'll be a good test on everything.