Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Congrats and great job on being the first front axle 35 spline kit. I only put 35 splines in the rear. The 32 are plenty strong. I also went with 39s. Good taste on the tires. Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
two days at Hot Springs ORV park in Arkansas and 2.5 days at Moab and no issues with the install! drove 18 hours to work in north central Utah before going wheeling in Moab for the weekend.

IMG_1230[1].JPG

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
two days at Hot Springs ORV park in Arkansas and 2.5 days at Moab and no issues with the install! drove 18 hours to work in north central Utah before going wheeling in Moab for the weekend.

Jeep Gladiator Need help with front axles and RCV 35 spline IMG_1230[1].JPG
Ok now we need help.

We have gotten everything torn apart and the truss welded in. We are getting ready to install the gears and RCV shafts and the inner seals do not fit the shafts. There about 0.100 to small.

What did everyone do for inner seals on the max tow?

We have ordered the outer seals from seals-it

Dave

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok now we need help.

We have gotten everything torn apart and the truss welded in. We are getting ready to install the gears and RCV shafts and the inner seals do not fit the shafts. There about 0.100 to small.

Dave
Dave, I did not use an inner seal. just the outer seals. I also removed my FAD and put the RCV block plate on it.

i would have preferred to use inner seals but couldn't find any that fit.

Jon

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok now we need help.

Dave
Dave, mine is Rubicon but I think the axles are the same between max tow and rubicon just without the lockers. but I'm an IT guy who just enjoys doing his own work, so dont hold me to that :)

Sponsored

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Ok to give everyone an update here,

We went back and forth on this a lot be decided not to install the locker or shafts. Without running any inner shafts we felt it would evenly destroy our locker and bearings. This is because we live in NH and we do water crossing and the axle tubs were already showing signs of corrosion. Now we are planning on returning the front shafts and see if we can get 32 spline ones. Second we will save the 35 spline locker for the rear axle for the rear.

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna ask this because I don't know. what is the difference between having the seals on the inside edge of the shafts vs. outside? besides the obvious of the inner seals leaving the tubes dry which would cause the corrosion you spoke about.

and just for info, I have had mine through several water crossings deep enough to submerge the axles and have not had any water in my diff oil.

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I'm gonna ask this because I don't know. what is the difference between having the seals on the inside edge of the shafts vs. outside? besides the obvious of the inner seals leaving the tubes dry which would cause the corrosion you spoke about.

and just for info, I have had mine through several water crossings deep enough to submerge the axles and have not had any water in my diff oil.
If it was done earlier or originally then probably nothing. Mine were so full of dirt and scale that even after cleaning it I wasn't comfortable with going this route. I actually ordered new inner seals and had them shipped to seals-it to see if they had something that would work.

Dave

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was done earlier or originally then probably nothing. Mine were so full of dirt and scale that even after cleaning it I wasn't comfortable with going this route. I actually ordered new inner seals and had them shipped to seals-it to see if they had something that would work.

Dave
I’d love to know what you find out.

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Any updates on finding a suitable inner seal? I was thinking about 35 spline RCVS for my max tow.

Sponsored

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Any updates on finding a suitable inner seal? I was thinking about 35 spline RCVS for my max tow.

We returned outs and went with the 32 spline option which we haven't installed yet. Also we have heard that one of the shafts are to long when installed into the ARB and need to be cut down. Not sure on this yet.

Dace

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
For 35 spline front shafts you'll need a Seals-It inner axle seal. Call East Coast Gear Supply for part number EAS25125. You'll only need one and it will go on the drivers side (left). The right side retains the factory FAD seal.
Invictus- You probably received Rubicon length shafts. The right side should be too short (check this as it will engage splines but not very far) and the left too long.

Marine2947

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Military
You b

you bet! Let me know if you have any questions during install. Was pretty easy after finding the seals.
Did rcv just forget to include the seals or is it something you have to buy separate?

OP
OP
JonRJackson

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did rcv just forget to include the seals or is it something you have to buy separate?
Best I can tell they are not included, or at least were not when I purchased them.