First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
NEW for 2020 Super 44 Ultimate 35 Spline Set80 set 80 Dana 44 Build M220 M210 Gladiator JT Wrangler JL

I didn’t realize the narrow Dana 44 axles were compatible with 35 spline axle shafts. I know you had yours made through east coast gear supply, do you have a link? Navigating their site is a bit tricky.

Also, do you know if there are any RCV ultimate dana 44 axles that are 35 spline compatible with the narrow Dana front end? What about the Yukon rear axles shafts? I understand both are generally considered an upgrade over stock, even on Rubicons.

My truck is an Overland, I’m trying to figure out which upgrades I really want.
Sponsored

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I’m in the process of sourcing the parts to do this same setup. I’ve got Spicer 5.13 gears and install kits. Planning on RCV in the front. They do make a 35 spline front axle but I don’t know if ARB makes a 35 spline locker for the front. Going to be calling them soon...

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I’m in the process of sourcing the parts to do this same setup. I’ve got Spicer 5.13 gears and install kits. Planning on RCV in the front. They do make a 35 spline front axle but I don’t know if ARB makes a 35 spline locker for the front. Going to be calling them soon...
Its the same part number rd 246 35 spline front or rear. The gear size changes front to rear, not the diff casing.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its the same part number rd 246 35 spline front or rear. The gear size changes front to rear, not the diff casing.
Ok great. I wonder why most online stores have the locker listed separately as front or rear then? I’m calling RCV now to see if they can do the 35 spline fronts with the FAD. On their website, they only have the FAD delete 35 spline fronts listed.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok great. I wonder why most online stores have the locker listed separately as front or rear then? I’m calling RCV now to see if they can do the 35 spline fronts with the FAD. On their website, they only have the FAD delete 35 spline fronts listed.
no dice on the 35 spline RCV with FAD. Looks like I’ll be staying with the 32 spline in the front.

Sponsored

rckwlkr

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Swimming Pools / Hot Tubs
35 spline shafts showed up at East coast gear supply this week. They are a bit delayed due to covid. They are going to verify fitment before shipping. Excited to bring some new parts to the truck and the ability to put 37 or larger tires without twisting axle shafts. That with selectable arb lockers are about as good as you can get into a D44 m220 without moving to a full dana 60 swap.
I am running 40’s are you still thinking 4.88 is the best choice or highest ratio one should go in our axles? (My application is daily driver and weekend rock crawler, with towing 2,500 lbs 1-3 times a week via trailer)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I am running 40’s are you still thinking 4.88 is the best choice or highest ratio one should go in our axles? (My application is daily driver and weekend rock crawler, with towing 2,500 lbs 1-3 times a week via trailer)
5.13 are going to be better if you are going direct to 40s. At that size you need to truss your axle and weld the seams. It will eventually spin the housing.

rckwlkr

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Swimming Pools / Hot Tubs
5.13 are going to be better if you are going direct to 40s. At that size you need to truss your axle and weld the seams. It will eventually spin the housing.
Ok thanks for all of your work the videos are great!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
@Brfertig

So you went 35 spline rear and 32 spline RCV front, because RCV isn't making a 35 spline for the D44 advantek?

And did I see a mix of Yukon and Spicer boxes and packaging? Did you do Yukon gears and Spicer rebuild? The JL guys are telling me to do the opposite... Spicer gears and Yukon rebuild as the Yukon has more shims for the installer.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
@Brfertig

So you went 35 spline rear and 32 spline RCV front, because RCV isn't making a 35 spline for the D44 advantek?

And did I see a mix of Yukon and Spicer boxes and packaging? Did you do Yukon gears and Spicer rebuild? The JL guys are telling me to do the opposite... Spicer gears and Yukon rebuild as the Yukon has more shims for the installer.
Yes 35 spline rear.
I did spicer gears
Yukon install kits. All usa and Japan made bearings.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Is the 220 front diff really any different than the 210? I thought the difference was in the axle tube length.

They only have a 33 spline front for the 210 that I can see.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Looks so clean. I assembled and painted the axle. There is a little Easter egg of the axles by dutchman 35 spline super 44 behind the hub cap.

Finally the only thing you see is a stealthy east coast gear supply sticker and the fitting for the arb hose. This thing is sick.

20200811_121427.jpg
anyone ever weld in a little staple of sorts to ensure the air lines stay away from the gears? plenty of open space in there for it. like a little guide to keep it situated.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Is the 220 front diff really any different than the 210? I thought the difference was in the axle tube length.

They only have a 33 spline front for the 210 that I can see.
The front 210 is made narrow and wide. It is all 32 spline on all trucks. I ripped them apart and verified. Info is moving slow on these trucks but I have actually seen them.

Check out the axle Bible in this section of the forum. I verified it with Jeep engineers.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
anyone ever weld in a little staple of sorts to ensure the air lines stay away from the gears? plenty of open space in there for it. like a little guide to keep it situated.
It's not necessary, that stuff isn't moving, it's hard line.
Sponsored