First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Can someone give me a labor estimate in hours to install a Teraflex front leveling kit? I need something very accurate to give to my mechanic.
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
No, read the instructions, buy the limited number of tools and do it yourself. Cheaper and you get to keep the tools.

OP
OP

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
No, read the instructions, buy the limited number of tools and do it yourself. Cheaper and you get to keep the tools.
Thanks...I have all the tools but I don’t have garage space right now and it’s 30° in Boston.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I would think a shop would charge 2 hours labor. I have changed out my front suspension a couple times in the last few months in my driveway, it is not too bad, if you need a hand I am about 15 miles north of Boston.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I would think a shop would charge 2 hours labor. I have changed out my front suspension a couple times in the last few months in my driveway, it is not too bad, if you need a hand I am about 15 miles north of Boston.
Appreciate the offer, I have a good local mechanic who’s honest and asked me to figure out if his estimate was accurate, 2.5 hours. He’s an older German guy who is great. He’s in Woburn. I’m also about 15 miles north of Boston in Reading.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
It wont take 2.5hrs. Id bet its a half hour each side if youre on jack stands in your driveway. If its on a lift it would be done before the oil has drained out of the pan completely on a change.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Appreciate the offer, I have a good local mechanic who’s honest and asked me to figure out if his estimate was accurate, 2.5 hours. He’s an older German guy who is great. He’s in Woburn. I’m also about 15 miles north of Boston in Reading.
I am in Lynnfield, if you change your mind and decide to do it yourself just let me know.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
By myself in my driveway it took me a little less than 2 hours for the actual install and another hour of putz around the garage looking for things and taking pictures. Most friends will help for a six pack and a pizza... YMMV...

OP
OP

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
It wont take 2.5hrs. Id bet its a half hour each side if youre on jack stands in your driveway. If its on a lift it would be done before the oil has drained out of the pan completely on a change.
His quote was based on him choosing lift kit in his software and dividing it in half.
Sponsored

Last edited: