Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
After this subject string I started looking, and low and behold, Mopar makes a set for the JT, $240, fit the rain rails, but specifically says not to attach to the front removable panels. If they sell them I would think they have been vetted to work in this application
MOPAR rails (installed/located per MOPAR instructions), 10' kayak on Curt holders; road bike on Yakima bike rail.
Sponsored

Attachments

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
MOPAR rails (installed/located per MOPAR instructions), 10' kayak on Curt holders; road bike on Yakima bike rail.
Looks good. So thats what the mopar rack looks like. Im getting that rack, mostly due to it being designed for the truck. I have two 10' kayaks so will use a double Curt holder in a side by side set up. Anything unique w putting the holders on? Are they stout enough for interstate runs? Appreciate it

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A big question is what does person want on the roof rack. Weight and wind resistance/ loading mounted on fiberglass/polymer. Something to think on is what is really holding the hardtop on the body too. 4 latches and 8 bolts on bottom edges of top. Note: I'm guessing the number "without checking" That's something that I try to keep in mind, I've got 2 solar panels on gutter mount roof rails. Probably not 35 lbs. in weight. Not trying to rain on parade. I've seen a roof rack that is a solid rack to hold substantial amount, it mounted to roll bars though the hardtop. I don't remember the company it's from though. I think a U-tuber has a video on it. Made for JK,JKU or JL,JLU. The mounts use "flange" plates with rubber washers where connects though hardtop to seal from water, if I remember correctly.

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. So thats what the mopar rack looks like. Im getting that rack, mostly due to it being designed for the truck. I have two 10' kayaks so will use a double Curt holder in a side by side set up. Anything unique w putting the holders on? Are they stout enough for interstate runs? Appreciate it
For both the rack and the Curt holders, the first component installation required some trial and error with the instructions. Then the rest were easy and quick.

Regarding interstate driving, they should be fine. I’m still doing the initial towing 50mph for 500 miles break-in period (separate from the new vehicle break-in). So at 50 mph with occasional increases to 55+, I had no problems at all.

Sponsored

MikeR1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales
I've been taking my time to check the best options (after checking the thread of the cracked hard top, I don't wanna go through a scenario like that, and keep on fighting with the warranty), I found some really good Roof Racks but the Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack is still catching my attention.

Kevlarr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ Frankenrubicon, 2022 Gladiator diesel rub
Occupation
contractor
The Front runner still has drilling into the top but the front supports look like they would take most of the weight and you wouldn’t have to worry about uplift with big profile wind catchers like kayaks etc.

I just picked up a Max modular lookalike on eBay for $450. Had to drive to Rancho Cucamonga but it was worth it. Super beefy so I can carry lumber if I have to. I’m looking for a roof rack to secure the front of long pieces but trying to be realistic about weight limits. I don’t want to drill into the top but I don’t want to pay $3k for a full cage either

22D6DA0C-6CE9-4D2F-ABD9-2B64EF23F5E5.jpeg

1DEAD73E-2D44-4EBA-8670-13757165A02F.jpeg

MER21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Who makes that?

downtroddengoat

Threads