First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Called my dealer. Gave my VIN. Doesn't apply to my 2020 JT Rubicon. Give your dealer a call if you have concern.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This is a bit strange. There was a version of software release late 2020 that looks as if intentionally reduced the sensitivity of the misfire detection. The funny thing was the misfire was not primarily actual misfire. The airflow model for the throttle made it go unstable causing surging and activation of fuel enrichment. The surging would trigger slight misfire, not under power, and eventually trip the light. It was getting to be a wide spread occurance and they released a tsb and less sensitive software. Wonder if they figured out the throttle and put the misfire detection back to where it was or Stalantis is aboutto launch ots own Jelly of the Month club LOL!

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I got the letter. Does this confirm my JT requires the repair based on the VIN? Or, did FCA simply send the letter to all JT owners whether their JT requires the repair or not?

atoy74

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
The service rep informed me of the recall while I had the truck in for another issue. I wasn't even aware of it. Now I notice that the recall is listed on my mopar.com account.

If you're curious about your ride, I suggest you check there.

Jeep Gladiator New emissions recall for 2020 Gladiator 3.6L. Any thoughts. 1640209497434

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I got the letter. Does this confirm my JT requires the repair based on the VIN? Or, did FCA simply send the letter to all JT owners whether their JT requires the repair or not?
Recall letters are sent to the last known owner by the VIN of the vehicle they apply to.

They will also show up in your Mopar account, and there is a link on the Mopar site to check for recalls by VIN.

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
The service rep informed me of the recall while I had the truck in for another issue. I wasn't even aware of it. Now I notice that the recall is listed on my mopar.com account.

If you're curious about your ride, I suggest you check there.

Jeep Gladiator New emissions recall for 2020 Gladiator 3.6L. Any thoughts. 1640209497434
Just checked. I’m good. Thanks for the tip. Mine was an early 2020 build. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Beware, After taking my JT in for the Steering box recall, they put my steering track bar on backwards. Luckily I caught it before my trip to MOAB. before I fixed it, I lost all suspension travel in my front end because the track bar was resting on the front axle pumpkin. If you are having a problem, great, but check their work. personally, I don't want all my programming undone either. Hopefully its not an issue, but most everyone that has used jeep dealers for their JT or past jeep vehicles is skeptical, to say the least, and its always as a last resort. Where this is just a recall, it will probably be fine. I'm just hyper sensitive leery from past, resent experiences. I would have ruined my front axle, track bar, or wore my tires out in MOAB, if not on the way down there if I didn't check their work. But, you do you. See ya on the trails, not at the mall.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Found this letter interesting. Seems the computer wasn't reporting on a problem that several gladiators dealt with.

I got it too. Will call right after Christmas and have it checked / repaired while I am having my oil changed. Considering the Communist Administration of Califoria, I am surprised anything other than a horse and buggy will pass their draconian limits.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Called my dealer and he looked it up and said there are no open recalls on mine. 2020 JTR. Guess I'm in the clear.
This is legit. It's going to depend on your VIN to some extend. Last year I was in for other work and they said there was a PCM update for my truck. I told them to do it. I wonder if it's the same thing? Maybe not?
But there's another thread on this exact thing because carfax was sending people notices about this.

It's based on VIN. If you got it, it applies to you. Not everyone with a 2020 is getting those.

I checked my vin once again, nothing.
No outstanding RECALLS,
no outstanding CAMPAIGNS

My truck is an early November 2019 build. That may matter. 2020 model year covers a whole lot of days.

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
Got my recall today. Mine runs great. Haven't had any problems. Made an appointment in January to get recall resolved. Hope I didn't jinx myself. :surprised:

Sponsored

ZSchribs22

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I had this recall performed at the dealership and my damn check engine light keeps coming and going the same as before I took it in. About to get rid of this thing and get a F250.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I got it too. Will call right after Christmas and have it checked / repaired while I am having my oil changed. Considering the Communist Administration of Califoria, I am surprised anything other than a horse and buggy will pass their draconian limits.
The horse probably emits too much gas and would have to have a filter added to lower greenhouse gases

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
20211223_112951.jpg

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I got a notice last week. I'll get it checked out when I go for my next oil change since it is coming up.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
actually, considering Horse flatulence, that one failed.
Sponsored