Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all!
We are excited to announce 2 new header bikinis from Bestop specifically for the Gladiator! What is a header bikini? A header bikini uses a windshield header to make a positive connection to the windshield, similar to a soft top.

The 52615-35 is a cable-style design. What that means is that it requires soft top door surrounds and it uses these elements to create a better seal to the door. This bikini comes with the windshield channel.
Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator Bikinis from Bestop!!! 1606850569886

The 52614-35 only requires the 51244-01 windshield channel for install.

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator Bikinis from Bestop!!! 1606847229866

Time to open up some of these beautiful Gladiators!
Let me know if there's any questions.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop - Love the new bikini tops! How about selling a slightly modified version of 52615-35 for those of us with hardtops that want a less expensive and easy to take on/off summer soft top option (but live in a rain prone area)? The OEM overpriced man-bun soft top at $1800+ just doesn't cut it for many of us (looks and price are a no-go). The proposed kit would come with 52615-35, the door surrounds, and a back window that uses hook and loop fasteners/zipper to fully enclose the cab (or some other simple design). When you take it all off it can be stuffed under/behind the back seat. And while I'm dreaming... give it a $499 or lower price tag.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Bestop - Love the new bikini tops! How about selling a slightly modified version of 52615-35 for those of us with hardtops that want a less expensive and easy to take on/off summer soft top option (but live in a rain prone area)? The OEM overpriced man-bun soft top at $1800+ just doesn't cut it for many of us (looks and price are a no-go). The proposed kit would come with 52615-35, the door surrounds, and a back window that uses hook and loop fasteners/zipper to fully enclose the cab (or some other simple design). When you take it all off it can be stuffed under/behind the back seat. And while I'm dreaming... give it a $499 or lower price tag.
Yeah, that would be nice for sure.

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
This. I was looking forward to these bikinis thinking that it would be a great option to rock all summer, but the price of the door surrounds plus this bikini top puts me into OEM soft top territory. I appreciate the work adding options for us gladiator owners though, keep it up!

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This. I was looking forward to these bikinis thinking that it would be a great option to rock all summer, but the price of the door surrounds plus this bikini top puts me into OEM soft top territory. I appreciate the work adding options for us gladiator owners though, keep it up!
I believe a frameless top with generic door surrounds could easily be built, be profitable for Bestop, and be affordable for us consumers.

Here's my logic:
Bestop 5261535 Bikini Top - $204 retail
*A modified version with hook and loop/zipper for a rear window shouldn't be much more
* A rear window to attach with hook and loop/zipper/slides (whatever works) on sides/top/bottom - clear plastic should be cheap - and nobody cares if forms to the the shape of the roll bar.
Mopar Door Surround Driver -$224 retail
*A generic version should cost less
Mopar Door Surround Passenger - $224 retail
*A generic version should cost less

Of course I'm making some assumptions on how the 5261535 bikini top fits - I don't have one to physically look at.

The above costs are all retail prices and the rear window is extra material in the dream top, but it appears doable. The question is, 'Will Bestop make it first or will some other manufacturer beat them to it?' I'm rooting for Bestop. There is clearly a market here for the taking.

EDIT: updated retail pricing

Last edited:

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
How does this differ from just removing the rear window from the OE softop?
Same effect in use, very different tops. Bikini straps on, doesn't have folding frame like OEM top.

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Same effect in use, very different tops. Bikini straps on, doesn't have folding frame like OEM top.
And the proposed/requested Bestop version would be MUCH cheaper and be easily removed/stowed than the OEM soft top

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
I like the new tops. that is a summer item. Hey best tops how about a coupon code for a fabric roll up tonneau

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I believe a frameless top with generic door surrounds could easily be built, be profitable for Bestop, and be affordable for us consumers.
<snip>
The question is, 'Will Bestop make it first or will some other manufacturer beat them to it?' I'm rooting for Bestop. There is clearly a market here for the taking.
Go, Bestop!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
This looks interesting. Do you plan on having more photos and possibly some videos soon? Seeing the speed they come on and off, and overall fit would be nice.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
I like the new tops. that is a summer item. Hey best tops how about a coupon code for a fabric roll up tonneau
I bought this because it would match the sunrider twill top. I do like it but I have to say my wifes JT has a gator covers trifold on it and it seals much better. I get moisture and dust in my bed. When I check hers, her bed has stayed dry. I cant speak for how long the material will last but I do hop my Bestop cover has a better life.

I also agree with the bikini top idea with door surrounds. I like the look of that set up much better than the factory soft top, and I am not really a fan of the top that only hooks to the roll bar. I end up getting tree branches, leaves, and rain inside the doors with that style.
Sponsored