Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Not working for me. Keep getting the error occurred while loading. Tried upper and lower case, so that is not the issue.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I opened the "my jeep" app and it said it was being replaced. I clicked the "update" and it downloaded the "jeep" app - I used my existing login and there was my truck (and there was also my old Jeep LOL - still can't shake that thing - maybe I should just buy it back?)
App works. Interesting enough - it has a lot of the same functionality as the uconnect app.
So - are they prepping for a migration away from the uconnect app itself?
Why have two apps that do pretty much the same thing?
I can see my service history, miles, location, fuel level and start it, honk the horn and whatever from the "Jeep" app........ hmmmm, two things that do the same thing, looks like something may be in the works.........
Uconnect itself is very alive and well........... this is older info from the web -
(what is the 5 Plus? Is that the BIG one in the RAM trucks? And we still have just the Uconnect 5 in our Jeeps?)

Uconnect 5 Plus, produced by the Harman division of Samsung, runs on an Android automotive operating system with a new 50,000 MIPS (millions of instructions per second) chip. It now features 6 gigabytes of RAM (random-access memory) and 64 gigabytes of flash memory. All this high-power silicon reportedly reduces touchscreen response time to 0.05 second and keeps everything happening at the speed of impatient customer expectation. The more basic Uconnect 5, produced by Mitsubishi Electric, features a 20K MIPS, 2 GB of RAM, and 32 GB of flash memory.

OP
OP
Kevin_D

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
So it sounds like those of us that opted to save thousands of dollars and not get the 8.4ā€ radio will not be able to use this new app.
Small loss; I think I can live without another app.

Kevin

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I added my gladiator to it. For shits and grins I put the VIN for my 2016 Rubicon and it said it added. Doesnt show up anywhere though. I don't really care because Uconnect is kind of useless anyway.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I opened the old app and logged into it. I followed the upgrade link which loaded the new app. I try to login to the new app and get a incorrect credentials error.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have an Android phone. I opened the old app. Found the new up date and clicked on it. It down loaded. I opened the new app, and all of my info was there. Didn't have to do anything with my VIN.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I downloaded the new app from the old. Entered my VIN, it found my vehicle 2020 Sport S, displayed my full VIN but when I click next, tells me there's an error as well. I have the 7 inch screen. I'm on the "new with glitches" side of the fence. Time will tell.

*Edit* Shows the app requires active Connected Services subscription for some services, so this may have some kind of issue within the app for some of us? Going to my dealer on Friday, I'll be talking to them about it then, see if they have any input on it.

Jeep Gladiator New Jeep Owners App Screenshot_20221109-231548_Gallery

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
7ā€ display,
tried upgrade from My Jeep, no joy. It accepts the vin to find & id the truck, but fails when it goes to confirm it. That is different from trying to load vin directly into the Jeep app. There it kept coming back with ā€œinvalid VINā€ when either the last eight (with caps) or the barcode was scanned.

i donā€™t have connected services, however My Jeep continues to work.

Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
New app shows the gladiator, and my old renegade... Which I can still locate, unlock, lock, and start. THAT is a problem.

Went to add my wife's GC, and was told that I had to finish the login via the app on the vehicle..... Which, of course, requires that I pay for GuardianXM.

No thanks, and I feel like the fact I can remote start a vehicle that's not mine, is extremely dangerous.

~Casp

pmikec

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Order Writer
Iā€™ve received a couple of e-mails, as well as a HUGE banner in the My Jeep app, alerting me to the new Jeep app for owners.
All fine and dandy, but, according to the banner, an Active Services subscription is required. I have the 7ā€ radio, so no active services.
Also, I tried the new app anyway, but it doesnā€™t work: it errors out when I try to add my VIN.
Anyone else have any experiences with this new app?

Kevin
Yes, I am having the same error.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
New app shows the gladiator, and my old renegade... Which I can still locate, unlock, lock, and start. THAT is a problem.

Went to add my wife's GC, and was told that I had to finish the login via the app on the vehicle..... Which, of course, requires that I pay for GuardianXM.

No thanks, and I feel like the fact I can remote start a vehicle that's not mine, is extremely dangerous.

~Casp
The Remote Start does multiple safety checks before actually starting the vehicle. The FOB has to be in the vehicle to put it in Run mode. It's not good that you have access, but it's more of an annoyance for the current driver than something dangerous. Also, someone has to be paying for the service for it to actually respond to the request from the app.

OP
OP
Kevin_D

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
This morning I had a notification that there was an update to the app.
I applied the update, opened the app, and the Gladiator was listsed in my garage!
Now maybe Iā€™ll check out the app further.

Kevin

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Sarge Mojave, ā€˜21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I opened the "my jeep" app and it said it was being replaced. I clicked the "update" and it downloaded the "jeep" app - I used my existing login and there was my truck (and there was also my old Jeep LOL - still can't shake that thing - maybe I should just buy it back?)
App works. Interesting enough - it has a lot of the same functionality as the uconnect app.
So - are they prepping for a migration away from the uconnect app itself?
Why have two apps that do pretty much the same thing?
I can see my service history, miles, location, fuel level and start it, honk the horn and whatever from the "Jeep" app........ hmmmm, two things that do the same thing, looks like something may be in the works.........
Uconnect itself is very alive and well........... this is older info from the web -
(what is the 5 Plus? Is that the BIG one in the RAM trucks? And we still have just the Uconnect 5 in our Jeeps?)

Uconnect 5 Plus, produced by the Harman division of Samsung, runs on an Android automotive operating system with a new 50,000 MIPS (millions of instructions per second) chip. It now features 6 gigabytes of RAM (random-access memory) and 64 gigabytes of flash memory. All this high-power silicon reportedly reduces touchscreen response time to 0.05 second and keeps everything happening at the speed of impatient customer expectation. The more basic Uconnect 5, produced by Mitsubishi Electric, features a 20K MIPS, 2 GB of RAM, and 32 GB of flash memory.
Gladiators have UConnect 4. 2022 Rams, the new Grand Cherokee, and the Wagoneers have Uconnect 5, or 5 Plus if they have nav.

The reason for the app change is that the old app is part of SiriusXM Guardian. Uconnect 5 uses Stellantisā€™ own in house connectivity, not SiriusXM Guardian, so they made their own app. It has backwards compatibility to the old system, thatā€™s why it works on Gladiators with connectivity subscriptions.
Sponsored