Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well i went the not lazy route and took off the synergy brace today. Hopefully I won’t feel the need to put it back on after the TSB. Dropping it off tomorrow AM.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well i went the not lazy route and took off the synergy brace today. Hopefully I won’t feel the need to put it back on after the TSB. Dropping it off tomorrow AM.
Let us know as you'll be one who had the brace before, but not after. Will be interesting to see your take on it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know as you'll be one who had the brace before, but not after. Will be interesting to see your take on it.
Can do!

i did leave my after market track bar and lift spacers in place. Im willing to bet ill have to re orient the spring isolators after the TSB so the springs dont bow. But as long as the dealer does t b!tch about the parts i wont complain.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Can do!

i did leave my after market track bar and lift spacers in place. Im willing to bet ill have to re orient the spring isolators after the TSB so the springs dont bow. But as long as the dealer does t b!tch about the parts i wont complain.
Interested to see how it drives after the change. I just got back from drive to Louisiana and I needed some valium after the section between Winnie and Beaumont which for quite a ways is just cement barriers with no shoulder or anything and while mine seems to drive fine in the city when I get up on Highway speeds 65+ it seems to wander some from side to side, that along with the bit of play in the steering wheel had me a nervous wreck. I had to work the wheel the entire time (LOL). Not due for my first oil change yet but figure will talk to them about it when I bring it in along with if they can tighten or change the soft top latchs as one of them is to loose it will come loose if you hit a bump hard enough

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A year after getting our Jeep the steering gear has been replaced. It still has slop on centre.

A year ago we told service at the selling dealer, "It' the steering gear. Adjust it." They said no. It's a Jeep thing.

It's somewhat better.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
A year after getting our Jeep the steering gear has been replaced. It still has slop on centre.

A year ago we told service at the selling dealer, "It' the steering gear. Adjust it." They said no. It's a Jeep thing.

It's somewhat better.
well that’s disheartening!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Too many uneducated people disguised as mechanics out there, and ASE certification doesn't mean they are good, only means they passed a test.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
UPDATE

After 4 days in the dealership they called today to tell me they had the wrong part. The part they need is on backorder.

Sigh.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Went to the dealer today. There is one guy in front of me so they can order my new gear on Oct 28...fingers crossed it helps

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Could someone tell me where I can download the latest revision to the TSB where it has a blurb on vehicles that have an aftermarket lift?

Sponsored

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
So I called the dealership on my own today just for poots and giggles and asked to speak with parts instead of service. Parts guy said the steering gear has been there since Sep 4th and not sure why they didn’t call me. He then transferred me to service and I scheduled an appointment for the 28th.

This means the dealership lied to the @JeepCares rep and/ or does not have their stuff together. The parts guy was cool and told me they have been slammed with recall and service work - he didn’t say it as an excuse by any means but it was interesting info. Either way, I have mixed feelings: I’m glad I am on the schedule for a replacement but not too happy/ comfortable with the dealership’s shenanigans.
Update:

Dropped off to the dealership at 8:00AM this morn. Worked remotely from the dealership instead of from home. They performed the replacement and also installed the synergy brace (for $130), changed the oil, did the PCM steering flash update, and did an alignment. Took them 7.5 hours.

They didn’t say anything about MOPAR lift, track bars, tie rod assembly, drag link or steering stabilizer and relocation kit.

All feels well in steersville.

07675357-55B0-4831-A5CD-01DD98D8AC5C.jpeg

Last edited:

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
New steering gear installed today. Couple QC questions.

1. Aft bolts look normal with approx 1/2" exposed threads but the front bolts are very long with approx 3" of exposed threads. Are these the correct bolts? Doesn't look right.

2. Who much tow-in should there be? I roughly measured approx 1/4"

Note: Jeep drivetrain is sock to include Rubicon 33" tires

Regarding steering improvement, I did notice a different/improved steering feel on the way home. It feels like steering inputs at higher speeds are now slightly dampened and/or the rate of correction is reduced. Too early to really tell but tracking also seems to be improved. Looks like they did a good job, no big messes and fluid level was topped off though steering wheel was no longer centered, off just a little.

Thanks, Jack

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 07675357-55B0-4831-A5CD-01DD98D8AC5C
That does not look right. Are those loose bolts? How about a couple more pictures from different angles?

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Here is a picture of mine, just snapped it. The dealer used the wrong bolts on yours. I wonder if they are from the hardware store or the old box...
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 20200928_135752

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
so much nonsense going on with this TSB. I was eager to try to get mine looked at, but with 600 miles on my gladiator, its not super bad. I mean it wanders a little, but its not that bad. I do have the silver 49 gearbox though.

Seems like so far the new one is hit or miss, dealers suck, many end up without their ride for over a month, etc. Nonsense.

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
New steering gear installed today. Couple QC questions.

1. Aft bolts look normal with approx 1/2" exposed threads but the front bolts are very long with approx 3" of exposed threads. Are these the correct bolts? Doesn't look right.

2. Who much tow-in should there be? I roughly measured approx 1/4"

Note: Jeep drivetrain is sock to include Rubicon 33" tires

Regarding steering improvement, I did notice a different/improved steering feel on the way home. It feels like steering inputs at higher speeds are now slightly dampened and/or the rate of correction is reduced. Too early to really tell but tracking also seems to be improved. Looks like they did a good job, no big messes and fluid level was topped off though steering wheel was no longer centered, off just a little.

Thanks, Jack

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 20200928_135752
I just crawled under mine and can say it does not look like that
so much nonsense going on with this TSB. I was eager to try to get mine looked at, but with 600 miles on my gladiator, its not super bad. I mean it wanders a little, but its not that bad. I do have the silver 49 gearbox though.

Seems like so far the new one is hit or miss, dealers suck, many end up without their ride for over a month, etc. Nonsense.
You have to remember that people report the very good and the very bad online, generally speaking. A thread about a steering issue is going to lean more toward bad since those super involved in the thread are seeking info because they are seeing issues so kind of a biased sample to draw conclusions from. The vast majority are probably like you or better: Not really any issues or no issues at all.
Sponsored