Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Was told today that my parts that were supposed to be ordered 9/16 have now been pushed out twice and will not be ordered until 10/7... can only hope that happens. JeepCares says they can do nothing to help as it is a shortage country wide.
Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
I got my TSB approved the day after this post came out and they just today were able to get the parts and my truck in the shop. Canā€™t wait to get it back tomorrow! Would have been done today but they ordered the wrong part for a cracked instrument bezel also fixed under warranty. Faricy Boys here in Colorado Springs have been doing a pretty decent job in helping me out with this.

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ā€˜91 Wrangler, ā€˜08 GTI, ā€˜11 GTI
Update: Iā€™ve posted 2 vids on the TSB and took it to our Jeep dealer in St. Augustine. TSB and all bolts replaced over a week ago. After the replacement I had a dead spot of about 3 degrees. Took it back for a third fix. The steering shaft had to be replaced because of a ā€œWorbleā€ that could not be fixed.
Driving home last night it was very secure and steady the way a vehicle should steer. If you have any issues with your steering take it in. If there are still issues donā€™t give up. Atlantic Jeep in St. Augustine made it right and I thank them.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Was told today that my parts that were supposed to be ordered 9/16 have now been pushed out twice and will not be ordered until 10/7... can only hope that happens. JeepCares says they can do nothing to help as it is a shortage country wide.
This is why I pushed to have ours done early. It's going to get worse

When we got our JLU the dealer assured us that all the TSB's had been done for the new vehicle. If they have old stock for sale they may push to do those quicker than real customers.

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
I feel your pain. I took mine in Sept 4th, and was told they ordered the part before I left. Called two weeks later and was told the couldnā€™t order the part until the 29th..... after it was supposedly it had been ordered on the 4th. I called them back yesterday to confirm that it had been ordered, and they said it had, and it should be there in 4-5 days.... needless to say, I am not getting my hopes up it will be in anytime soon. Very frustrating.

Sponsored

ScarCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Has anyone had a good experience on this TSB in the DFW area? I scheduled a time for just the diagnosis with Forest Lane Jeep in Dallas. When I tried to drop it off this morning they told me they need 2-3 days to diagnose and have no loaners available. That seems a bit ridiculous...

JLM007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, 1989 YJ (RIP), 1977 J10 (Sold)
Currently sitting in the dealership for the second day in a row. After 2 weeks waiting for the part, I brought it in yesterday. After they completed the swap the steering was actually worse. Much more play. Also got a new "notch" feeling that other have described as an added bonus. They said it will need an alignment so I had to bring it back today to have that done. Alignment complete and no improvement whatsoever. Now they are suggesting that the replacement box might be bad. I bought the Jeep new 2.5 week ago and it has 900 miles on it. I'm astounded by what a complete and total cluster this has turned into. Beyond disappointed.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Has anyone had a good experience on this TSB in the DFW area? I scheduled a time for just the diagnosis with Forest Lane Jeep in Dallas. When I tried to drop it off this morning they told me they need 2-3 days to diagnose and have no loaners available. That seems a bit ridiculous...
I went to jeep in mckinney. They also took some to diagnose but they were helpful, and had a loaner. I am still waiting for my spot in line for the parts to arrive. Hopefully itll get ordered froday.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I got my TSB approved the day after this post came out and they just today were able to get the parts and my truck in the shop. Canā€™t wait to get it back tomorrow! Would have been done today but they ordered the wrong part for a cracked instrument bezel also fixed under warranty. Faricy Boys here in Colorado Springs have been doing a pretty decent job in helping me out with this.
I'm working with Faricy as well, no issues so far but I figure I will be waiting a while for my parts to come in...I think they said they expect them near the end of October. Would love an update once you get yours back, hoping they will do a good job and not pull any shenanigans like other dealerships people have described in this thread.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have a process question. When does the service/parts department order the parts required by the TSB? Are the parts ordered when the appointment is originally scheduled so that the parts are on hand when the jeep arrives on the appointment date or after the Jeep is at the dealership for the first appointment therefore the customer has to schedule a second appointment for the work to be performed?

Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Iā€™m in SC but my evaluation was less than a half day, picked it up the same afternoon with parts on the list to be ordered every 2 weeks. There are 4 customers ahead of me on the bi-weekly parts order list. Regardless, Iā€™m on the list and got mine back from evaluation the same day. A 2-3 days evaluation is ridiculous. Check your drop off and pick up mileage difference to make sure they arenā€™t joy riding.

JLM007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently sitting in the dealership for the second day in a row. After 2 weeks waiting for the part, I brought it in yesterday. After they completed the swap the steering was actually worse. Much more play. Also got a new "notch" feeling that other have described as an added bonus. They said it will need an alignment so I had to bring it back today to have that done. Alignment complete and no improvement whatsoever. Now they are suggesting that the replacement box might be bad. I bought the Jeep new 2.5 week ago and it has 900 miles on it. I'm astounded by what a complete and total cluster this has turned into. Beyond disappointed.
I remember seeing an earlier post about the boots missing threads but it being a non issue. Is that correct? Because this is what my new box looks like:

41CFDA32-EC5E-44B3-B1B3-34E354EEC15B.jpeg

2E6A1A75-CC13-4EC4-B547-230705589DAD.jpeg

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Has anyone figured out the notchy feeling? Itā€™s driving me crazy. Dealer is stumped

JLM007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you got the part for the JL
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") D2CF38C5-5F03-4C88-9B2A-CD257D6A3BCE
YES! Love it. Classic dealer incompetence. Typically not this negative but these guys bungled this from the start and it's been a headache throughout. I just spoke with them on the phone and they admitted the mistake and are ordering the correct part. Mind you, this is after I had to tell them to perform the software update (per the TSB) after they told me the fix was complete and hadn't done it. What a mess-
Sponsored