Sponsored

Foodtruck12

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport
Take in the TSB and highlight the part that states "if the customer is experiencing any of the following conditions do the repairs". It's not up to them to decide.
I did this, and the service guy that went on the test drive with me had a copy of it in his hands.
Sponsored

skubyact

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Actor
No because it's not a recall. The dealer should be aware.

Customer "Hey my steering has been all over the place, and has a lot of play."

Dealer "Hmm...well looks like there's a service bulletin for that. We'll fix that for you!"

In reality you'll want to print out the documents and take them to your service manager and be prepared to argue about it.
Gotcha! Thanks!

Tripy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If I'm denied because my dealer doesn't think I need it, I think I'm just going to pay for the install and parts.....sad
You are the customer and if denied I would show them the TSB highlighting the statement "If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure."

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Gladiator 2 months ago. There does seem to be a pull to the right. Are they sending out recall letters or are we supposed to go to the dealership and let them know?
This isn't about a pull to the right or any pull. This is about loose steering. And it's NOT a recall, it's a TSB or technical service bulletin. It addresses LOOSE steering, possible wander, not pulling.
A TSB addresses how to resolve a very specific customer complaint - free if still under warranty, otherwise at a cost. A recall is very different.

CroweGladiator

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I would be pissed if my dealer denies to do this just because I have a much better fox steering stabilizer and 35 inch tires...
They’ve tried doing alignments and have told me there’s nothing that can be done. I brought this TSB up and they said they make money off new parts they order so they’d be happy to try. I have the fox 2.0 stabilizer and 35s an they never said anything about them.
parts are on order and will be installed next week.

Sponsored

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Does anybody know if the steering ratio lock to lock is the same with these new steel gear boxes? I heard they were different, but it might have been the 2 door Wrangler box on a 4 door Wrangler. The TSB shows all 3 boxes with different part numbers.

skubyact

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Actor
This isn't about a pull to the right or any pull. This is about loose steering. And it's NOT a recall, it's a TSB or technical service bulletin. It addresses LOOSE steering, possible wander, not pulling.
A TSB addresses how to resolve a very specific customer complaint - free if still under warranty, otherwise at a cost. A recall is very different.
Understood. And yeah - the steering is a bit wonky. Especially on the freeways.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
The TSB specifically states a wonder or pull to the left or right. But agree not a recall just a fix as needed.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
i would say i only noticed the pulling and wandering the last few months. I guess thats a high temperature thing right?

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
Took my JT in along with the tsb since mine pulls right at freeway speeds and wanders at surface streets. Had a guy drive it and he noticed the pull. They're doing an alignment as we speak ( got in at 9:45, said they'd be done by 3-4) then see if it fixes it. They said since I don't have the sales code that this issue doesn't apply to me but they'll look into it. They were also really annoyed I came in with the TSB.

Same experience here in SoCal.. service manager seemed very elusive and dismissive when I brought up the steering issues and mentioned the TSB. The person who wrote up my appointment was equally dismissive, but he did annotate the TSB number in my appointment notes while afterwards saying "ok it's in, let's see what they say". Not sure who "they" are but I hope they help me out. This was 3 days ago on Tuesday. My appointment is in 4 days next Tuesday.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. And yeah - the steering is a bit wonky. Especially on the freeways.
I'm surprised the TSB includes pull - the only thing I can think of is that they are including more than the JT in this - and, if the sector is too tight, it would want to be off-center as the over-center setting would be tight and it would want to move away from center in that case. WEIRD.

In any case - go for it. It should steer and handle FINE - if it doesn't there's an issue and this instructs the dealer on how to fix it - and they get PAID to do it! Easy money for them, IMO. No messing around - they complete a form stating you have steering issues, they get the parts, they replace them, they submit a form to get reimbursed, done. No hassle getting paid by you, no hour spent troubleshooting, etc. A TSB should normally be an easy source of money for them if the vehicle is still under warranty.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same experience here in SoCal.. service manager seemed very elusive and dismissive when I brought up the steering issues and mentioned the TSB. The person who wrote up my appointment was equally dismissive, but he did annotate the TSB number in my appointment notes while afterwards saying "ok it's in, let's see what they say". Not sure who "they" are but I hope they help me out. This was 3 days ago on Tuesday. My appointment is in 4 days next Tuesday.
I don't know how you guys are getting appointments so FAST. Here, my wife's Grand Cherokee is down with serious battery issues (likely caused by an ESS issue) and they can't even LOOK at it for 2 weeks! In the meantime we have a dead Jeep sitting in the garage for 2 weeks.
I told my wife that since it keeps tripping the breaker in my battery chargers she should NOT even attempt to drive it by jump starting it. Let it sit. She's without now.
And you guys get in in less than a week?

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Got that right. I don't have the modern technology in my shop, but there's little I can't do.
It really sucks when you go into a dealership and know more about their vehicles than they do.
That happens a TON with vehicle’s like Jeeps, Porsche’s, etc...we are enthusiasts, we have spent years, decades learning about and loving our vehicles...I’ve lost count how many times I’ve been at a dealership and thought “how can you not know that?? You freaking WORK here!”

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I don't know how you guys are getting appointments so FAST. Here, my wife's Grand Cherokee is down with serious battery issues (likely caused by an ESS issue) and they can't even LOOK at it for 2 weeks! In the meantime we have a dead Jeep sitting in the garage for 2 weeks.
I told my wife that since it keeps tripping the breaker in my battery chargers she should NOT even attempt to drive it by jump starting it. Let it sit. She's without now.
And you guys get in in less than a week?
That's because they don't want to fix that, not a simple bolts on parts changer part,

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's because they don't want to fix that, not a simple bolts on parts changer part,
They don't even know what it is, I just said "the battery is dead and we need an oil change". They have no idea. It was a lady who simply does scheduling and she looks at a screen for openings. This week and next were filled up.
For all they know, they are doing an oil change and swapping out the main battery. I"ll tell them the full symptoms when I get to talk to someone who knows their head from a hole in the ground.
I never told her the whole story as I could tell - all she does is look at a screen to find holes in the schedule. Entry level secretary stuff.
Sponsored