Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you for the replies!
I PM'd @JeepCares as suggested.
Nye auto group in Oneida NY even went as far to state that my "oversized tires" caused my alignment to go out and that the tires were put on wrong. My tires are the Rubicon factory tire...
Hey! We have located your PM and will continue to work with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
I just got mine done last week at 495 Jeep in MA. Steering feels much tighter and easier to manage on the highway. I've noticed with heavy winds it still tends to drift into other lanes, but I'm guessing it's just due to the lunchbox-esque aerodynamics of the truck. That being said, my dealer gave me no issues and had the box ready to install. Took a full day and they gave me a rental.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello D!

I'm in Canada and as in the US the experience is not consistent.
I had a great experience and is outlined at this link.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...oved-steering-feel.33705/page-131#post-611441

The TSB did not include the alignment when mine was done. But, afterwards, I did notice the steering wheel was a bit off centre. The TSB was then updated and included an alignment. Back to the dealer, I went and after dealing with the Service Manager and approval of the District Manager the dealer is doing the alignment under the TSB... Good Luck.. Cheers!
No alignment was shown on the TSB when mine was done.
I haven't seen the new TSB. :(

There's a dead-band on centre but at least the Jeep Wrangler doesn't wander as it used to.

Dave
Toronto

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
No alignment was shown on the TSB when mine was done.
I haven't seen the new TSB. :(

There's a dead-band on centre but at least the Jeep Wrangler doesn't wander as it used to.

Dave
Toronto
I haven't seen the new TSB myself either, but read about it including the alignment. When I was at the dealer he all but confirmed it had been updated. When I asked for a copy.... Sorry, I can't give it out. but I'm sure you can find it in the same place as the first one.. LOL.. Cheers!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
This is a repost, just seems timely as everyone gets fixed up for safety. Not meant to offend. Just a lil funny for ya!

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 37e92c575b6f13b8187b05a4d0289391--jeep-funny-jeep-meme

Sponsored

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I haven't seen the new TSB myself either, but read about it including the alignment. When I was at the dealer he all but confirmed it had been updated. When I asked for a copy.... Sorry, I can't give it out. but I'm sure you can find it in the same place as the first one.. LOL.. Cheers!
I've looked for it but haven't found it yet.
The Jeep handles so much better than it did. So "it's good enough"

The number for FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care is 1-800-465-2001 if you need it.
Dave
Toronto

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
The good news is I took my Sport S in yesterday for the steering gear replacement. I checked today to see if they had finished the replacement and the necessary flashes. The bad news is they don't have the 4 new bolts needed for installing it. No telling when they will get the bolts. How does this continue to happen?
That sounds frustrating, Freetime. If you'd like, our team can discuss this further with you to see where we can assist. We're in private message when you're ready.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Freetime

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1986 Suzuki Samuri, Safari TREK Pathfinder
Occupation
Retired
That sounds frustrating, Freetime. If you'd like, our team can discuss this further with you to see where we can assist. We're in private message when you're ready.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thanks, but the service advisor (who was just as upset by the missing bolts) came up with the necessary bolts and had the new steering gear completed the next day. Tremendous improvement in the steering characteristics, no more constant correcting nor wandering.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks, but the service advisor (who was just as upset by the missing bolts) came up with the necessary bolts and had the new steering gear completed the next day. Tremendous improvement in the steering characteristics, no more constant correcting nor wandering.
Glad to hear that, Freetime. Although we hope no more concerns arise for you, if you need any help at any time, we're a PM away!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Was just at my local Jeep dealership and they told me they have the Steering Box kits BUT...they're missing BOLTS.

My Steering Box is there but they continue waiting for BOLTS which are backordered. Said they should/could be arriving within the next 2-4 weeks.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Was just at my local Jeep dealership and they told me they have the Steering Box kits BUT...they're missing BOLTS.

My Steering Box is there but they continue waiting for BOLTS which are backordered. Said they should/could be arriving within the next 2-4 weeks.
Similar to what my Jeep dealer told me. In my case, I was not to expect a steering box for months, and even then I may have to wait for bolts. A week later I got a call back and a week after that all was installed.

Just did a 7 hour trip and the new steering is sooooo much better.

FOB still sucks.

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland, 2017 AMG C43
Throwing in my $.02. We just bought our JT this last Saturday. Didn't notice the wandering on the test drive, but after another 60 miles or so, steering really seemed to loosen up. Found the TSB here Monday night, called our dealer service department Tuesday morning, parts arrived yesterday, and work is scheduled for Monday.
About a month post-TSB completion. Steering alignment was initially off, which was disappointing. Drove a mile down the road and turned around as I had to turn the wheel to nearly 11 o'clock to drive straight. Clearly low-bar on confirming whether or not the techs do their job right.

Wife still wonders if more could be done. Would steering stabilizer further help tighten things up, even if we're still on stock suspension?

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Throwing my 2 cents in here:

Had the TSB completed today and it is a night and day difference. I honestly had pretty low expectations, but I'm very happy. I'd estimate more than 90% of the dead zone was eliminated. Nearly 100% of the wander. It feels like a new vehicle. I'd describe the steering before as "flighty," whereas now I'd call it "weighty" or "planted."

No alignment was mentioned on the paperwork (and there seemed to be no change to steering wheel orientation before or after the fix), but I'm about due for one anyway based off of my personal maintenance preference, so I'll knock that out at my convenience.

@JeepCares was fantastic. Hazel was my rep and she killed it. Much appreciated guys!

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
After waiting almost 4 months for this part I was able to get Jeepcares involved and in a matter of days they got the steering gear delivered to my dealer. I have to give @JeepCares major props for this! I still have to wait a couple weeks to get it installed but based on all your posts I am really looking forward to getting this done.
Sponsored