Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I will try to post pics of my windshield - our trip to CO. The bugs were so bad twice my wife stopped and insisted I clean the glass....
Was on a trip up through Montana and Wyoming years ago. Had to clean the windshield multiple times between gas stops. Night fell and the headlights were useless. Learned then that whenever doing the windshield to clean the headlights as well.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Was on a trip up through Montana and Wyoming years ago. Had to clean the windshield multiple times between gas stops. Night fell and the headlights were useless. Learned then that whenever doing the windshield to clean the headlights as well.
No kidding - I had to do the same thing. The JT headlights are liken cups reaching out to catch as many bugs as possible.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Try the LED headlights. Wonderful, until winter.
They're not hot enough to melt snow in winter and it accumulates on each headlight lens. .

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Toyfrog-

I tightened up the original steering box on my 2020 Mojave then added the longer Mopar front lower contro arms

The steering box adjustment made my steering inputs more precise during the wandering. Once the control arms were done no more wander and I wound up with nice driving truck.

Arms are cheap and my labor was free much satisfied now.

Make sure to keep an eye on tire pressure as the summer Temps rise as well.
Do you have the part numbers for the arms? Are they bolt-on for the Mojave? I think mine need a little more caster.

trloh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Genuine Mopar Front Lower Control Arm68322798AA
2​

Ordered from allmoparparts.com used a code to get free shipping. Felt like I was stealing but very appreciative of the transaction. Looks like price might be up a buck or two in the last 6 weeks but still a bargain for the improvement in driving.

I sent a PM to member allmopartparts.com and requested a discount code received one for orders over 50 dollars. I encourage you to do the same the service was excellent.

Absolutely bolt in for Mojave 190 ft. lbs. torque so have the tools ready. I did it on the ground one side at a time no issues with lining up the bolt holes.

Sponsored

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
2​

Ordered from allmoparparts.com used a code to get free shipping. Felt like I was stealing but very appreciative of the transaction. Looks like price might be up a buck or two in the last 6 weeks but still a bargain for the improvement in driving.

I sent a PM to member allmopartparts.com and requested a discount code received one for orders over 50 dollars. I encourage you to do the same the service was excellent.

Absolutely bolt in for Mojave 190 ft. lbs. torque so have the tools ready. I did it on the ground one side at a time no issues with lining up the bolt holes.
Thanks so much! Like I said, I think the Mojave needs more caster. It's taller with more height. If It has the same arms as the other models, then it has less caster. I don't have lose steering, it just wanders a little. It's not real bad, but my wife's JL Rubicon is solid after the new steering gear and track bar.

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much! Like I said, I think the Mojave needs more caster. It's taller with more height. If It has the same arms as the other models, then it has less caster. I don't have lose steering, it just wanders a little. It's not real bad, but my wife's JL Rubicon is solid after the new steering gear and track bar.
Yea...In my experience the Mojave drives/rides best with the caster right around 6...Added the AEV lift and the dealer aligned with the caster set at ~3.8...drive/ride was terrible....took it back and had them increase caster to 5.8 and the difference is night and day.....

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I just double described the height🤦

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just double described the height🤦
Well, it's better than having a truck that's taller with less height. Maybe in the quantum world......

I assume you work for a the government department of redundancy department?
J/K
It's Friday........ oh, wait, big whoop, I'm retired.........

trloh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
First trip on interstate planned this weekend with the improvements the longer lower arms made. Looking forward to judge the higher speed travel changes. Expecting a better experience.

Sponsored

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
2​

Just making sure..... It's the same part# for both sides? Right and left are the same?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just making sure..... It's the same part# for both sides? Right and left are the same?
Yes, they are identical, left and right. Same part number.

trloh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
5 hour east-west trip and back last weekend.

Stability at interstate speeds (70-72) is better but had some issues. It was upper 90s and the tire pressure reached 41 on the stock Wildpeak M/T tires. Side wind was pushing gust near 20 mph. These two conditions causes the brick to be affected some but the overall improvement with the changes I have made were positive.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
Tried to read all 183 pages, but gave up. I have a '21 JTRD on order. Do all the 2021 JTs have the new steel steering box?

Thanks.
Sponsored