New rebate results in up to $9k-12k price discounts for Gladiator

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I went ahead and bought a Max Tow Sport S today. MSRP was 45k and I paid 38k. Jeep may discount more toward end of model year, but I didn’t feel like waiting any longer just to save 1-2k. I have been waiting almost a year. Lol.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
2022 is going to be VERY interesting for those of us who leased Gladiators in spring or summer of 2019! Banks had these trucks pegged at 70% retained value @ 39-48 months on lease deals, and at the rate things have been going it's not even going to be close!

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Maybe it will extend again. Ordered mine on January 19th. Hoping to get it before this rebate expires. March 1st will be 6 weeks exactly since I ordered it.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Maybe it will extend again. Ordered mine on January 19th. Hoping to get it before this rebate expires. March 1st will be 6 weeks exactly since I ordered it.
Supposing your final price is $40K after rebate, I wonder could you write your contract to say you will pay $40K for the truck, all rebates assigned to dealer . . . ? just a thought

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
2022 is going to be VERY interesting for those of us who leased Gladiators in spring or summer of 2019! Banks had these trucks pegged at 70% retained value @ 39-48 months on lease deals, and at the rate things have been going it's not even going to be close!
I'm definitely glad that I leased instead of financed. When the lease is up, I will more than likely give mine back and finance a nice used one.

Batchinguy

First Name
STEVEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Via CarsDirect.com:

Shoppers looking to score a deal on a new Jeep Gladiator will find the latter half of January to be a great time to buy. A mix of dealer discounts and a new rebate has resulted in as much as $9,000 in savings in some parts of the country. In some cases, consumers may find the vehicle to be a smarter buy than the Wrangler.

To start, dealer incentive bulletins reveal that Jeep introduced a $2,000 bonus nationally on 2020 Gladiators back on January 17. Through February 3, all trims are eligible except the Rubicon. The exclusion is something we’ve seen with past offers like last year’s loyalty discount and a deal for those switching brands.​

A nationwide search reveals discounts upwards of $9,000 - $12,000 off the MSRP.
Not in Canada

Komesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ 1999
All dealers here in KY area are waiting for something. I'm watching several Overlands , which have been on dealers lots for 3 months as of now, but they give only 4K off MSRP( ~52K) including rebate from Chrysler.
However on their web sites those mofos show discounts up to 9-10K, but you have to finance with them, trade-in, be a military, or first responder.
So "A nationwide search reveals discounts upwards of $9,000 - $12,000 off the MSRP." is not very true.
I'm getting so tired of these click-baits and long conversations with dealers, so I'm considering to give up on JT and go for Ranger, since IMHO JT is very overpriced.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
All dealers here in KY area are waiting for something. I'm watching several Overlands , which have been on dealers lots for 3 months as of now, but they give only 4K off MSRP( ~52K) including rebate from Chrysler.
However on their web sites those mofos show discounts up to 9-10K, but you have to finance with them, trade-in, be a military, or first responder.
So "A nationwide search reveals discounts upwards of $9,000 - $12,000 off the MSRP." is not very true.
I'm getting so tired of these click-baits and long conversations with dealers, so I'm considering to give up on JT and go for Ranger, since IMHO JT is very overpriced.
I've driven a Ranger. While it may be more affordable, it's boring and just another mid sized truck. There is nothing special about it.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Too late to get mad at me....the gig is up.

Automotive News broke it, Jalopnik et al repeated it. Gladiators not selling.

https://jalopnik.com/the-jeep-gladiator-is-struggling-1841569645
Oh, I agree about the pricing. I used to get flamed here for saying so. Fortunately you (and others) have not gotten the same responses. I do believe the current discounts/rebates are a necessary pricing adjustment. I don't feel the JT is struggling simply because it may not be selling in numbers comparable to other mid sized pickups.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I've driven a Ranger. While it may be more affordable, it's boring and just another mid sized truck. There is nothing special about it.
Not to mention the interior is plain and out dated plastic everywhere. There supposed to do a refresh on them but eh ...heard bad reviews on the engine and tranny too with lack of power even with a turbo

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
The Sport and Sport S should be in a lower price range than what they are currently at.
Sponsored