Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
The 80th anniversary appears to be basically an optioned Overland with 80th anniv badging.

OP, where did you get this on Facebook? I don't see it on the Jeep FB (nor on jeep.com). I'm wondering if this is a dealer ad...

I know the Willys Wrangler is official for 2021 - here - but I'm wondering if this is some dealer or group that is doing the same treatment for the Gladiator but they aren't "official" models...?

Last edited:

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I'm still leaning towards fake news on this, I called out the OP on Facebook too. The willys wrangler doesn't have the body color trim piece around the black grille center portion, but the gladiator does? No reason for jeep to do them differently. But who knows, maybe it's a mistake from the marketing group

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I'm still leaning towards fake news on this, I called out the OP on Facebook too. The willys wrangler doesn't have the body color trim piece around the black grille center portion, but the gladiator does? No reason for jeep to do them differently. But who knows, maybe it's a mistake from the marketing group
I have even more of a problem believing the 80th anniversary edition. It's literally an Overland with 80th anniversary badging (as spec'd in the flyer).

For comparison, the 75th anniversary Grand Cherokee had unique bronze wheels, a bronze grille, and other exterior and interior bronze elements (including unique stitching on the leather seats).

I'm doubting that Jeep would "mail it in" on an 80th anniversary edition of the Gladiator...it's too important of a truck product for Jeep.

q7gg0uQ.jpg

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
With those price points and features, I think they will sell really well. $40K for a Willys seems reasonable.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Next we should be expecting some colors... since the latest ordering guide was missing Gobi and Gator. Sarge, anyone?
I prefer the look of the black fenders on the JL Willys.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Willys and 80th Anniversary 2021 Jeep Gladiator models.
Darn. I was gonna put Willys decals on my Overland. Now I might be accused of fake branding.
Sponsored