First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
im damn well considering trading kermit in on willys diesel and it's on the build site,,,,! If only gator was available, granite crystal metallic

iris (3).jpg
Maybe you should wait for Sarge. I think it would look good on a Gladiator.
Sponsored

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
I am ordering that one right now - 26Q. The only thing that I see that is a negative is the normal duty suspension (missing FRONT HEAVY DUTY RED SHOCK ABSORBERS (SFE) & ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA))

But other than that, hoping that one is worth buying @bnapton

bnapton

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
I am ordering that one right now - 26Q. The only thing that I see that is a negative is the normal duty suspension (missing FRONT HEAVY DUTY RED SHOCK ABSORBERS (SFE) & ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA))

But other than that, hoping that one is worth buying @bnapton
I noticed you are in SoCal, what dealer are you using? I wish the Jeep site had one to look at or build. It would be nice to see all the accents and badges. Any idea if the rear seat has a center armrest?

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
I noticed you are in SoCal, what dealer are you using? I wish the Jeep site had one to look at or build. It would be nice to see all the accents and badges. Any idea if the rear seat has a center armrest?
I am using the Torrance ScottRobinson dealer. Yeah, it would be nice to see the differences. No idea on the rear armrest, other than if you check a rubicon, there is one -- if you check the willys, there is not. And there is no mention of adding one with the 80th edition.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I am using the Torrance ScottRobinson dealer. Yeah, it would be nice to see the differences. No idea on the rear armrest, other than if you check a rubicon, there is one -- if you check the willys, there is not. And there is no mention of adding one with the 80th edition.
The rear seat armrest is a leather thing, you only get it in a rubicon, mojave or overland with the factory leather.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Has anyone ordered an 80th-anniversary edition? I'm considering it with all of the options they're adding in the package.
I considered it briefly when I ordered mine, as all of the stuff included in it is what I optioned on Sport S... but I wanted Max Tow w/ LImited Slip, wide axles & different gear ratio. All the cosmetic stuff would be cool and unique, but I didn't really think too hard on it once I saw Max Tow wasn't available.

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
Question: So I ordered the 2021 80th Edition version. And I understand that adding a 2" mopar lift kit will work on a Rubicon with 37s.
But will it not work on the 80th Edition diesel with 37s? Or is that a no go because the tires will rub & maybe even rub more because the engine is so heavy?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Question: So I ordered the 2021 80th Edition version. And I understand that adding a 2" mopar lift kit will work on a Rubicon with 37s.
But will it not work on the 80th Edition diesel with 37s? Or is that a no go because the tires will rub & maybe even rub more because the engine is so heavy?
there is a diesel version version of the Mopar lift kit Part #: 77072469AC

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
there is a diesel version version of the Mopar lift kit Part #: 77072469AC
Awesome, great to know. Do you happen to know if 37s will work with that 2" lift kit on a non Rubicon model?

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Awesome, great to know. Do you happen to know if 37s will work with that 2" lift kit on a non Rubicon model?
if you’re not addIng swaybar disconnects it’ll be fine

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
To follow up on my earlier post (#66) in this thread, this week I ordered a Willys Diesel from Kent Shurtleff with Peterson Jeep in Idaho at 7% under invoice. None of the Utah dealers I spoke with would go below much below invoice. Their loss, my gain.