Sponsored

No Trailer Brake Control kit for Manual JT’s

Daeyis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR 6spd
And for those of you are probably going to ask where I mounted the black box: I took off the steel back plate and just used some zip ties to mount it under the steering wheel. I’m sure some of you more fab savvy than myself could easily come up with an even better solution. But mine was fast and easy and required no drilling.

image.jpg

I completely forgot to follow up on this thread. I did the same thin Doc did, removed the plate and zip tied the box under the dash. It has been working without issue.

I do need an extension to relocate the 12v outlet. I do miss that.
Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
So from my understanding that they don't "offer" it due to the fact manual JT's only have a 3,500 towing capacity, same as the Wrangler. Would you even need one? Asking because I truly don't know the correct answer.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So from my understanding that they don't "offer" it due to the fact manual JT's only have a 3,500 towing capacity, same as the Wrangler. Would you even need one? Asking because I truly don't know the correct answer.
Trailer brakes are a requirement that vary by state. Some require it on capacity as low as 1500 pounds.

The Mopar trailer brake is listed as not compatible with the manual transmission due to the mounting plate. The clutch prevents it from fitting in the designated location.
Sponsored