Mojave Gladiator

Mojave Gladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave | Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Anyone know how it worked out for OP with a manual transmission?
Hey Cali,

The part was on backorder and I eventually forgot to pick one up. I ended up using a surge brake system on the trailer side.
Sponsored

Daeyis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR 6spd
I asked about this and eventually received this answer from Mopar. Should not be a difficult obstacle to overcome.

AA9FB801-9B71-4AAD-9735-221D459E71E9.jpeg

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I'm not a gear head by any means, but how does the clutch interfere with the lighter port for mounting?

Daeyis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR 6spd
I'm not a gear head by any means, but how does the clutch interfere with the lighter port for mounting?
There is a little box that also mounts under the steering column that plugs into the wire harness.

Sponsored

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
There is a little box that also mounts under the steering column that plugs into the wire harness.
So I've got one now that plugs in and works, and doesn't interfere with clutch at all. Is this mopar different in how it's connects? I have the tekonhsa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I asked about this and eventually received this answer from Mopar. Should not be a difficult obstacle to overcome.

AA9FB801-9B71-4AAD-9735-221D459E71E9.jpeg
Easy solution - move the box install to a different spot,
So I've got one now that plugs in and works, and doesn't interfere with clutch at all. Is this mopar different in how it's connects? I have the tekonhsa
It's where it was made to be mounted. It's on a bracket that attaches to the area at the left kick panel, and it's not as small a setup as some others are.
It's not different other than their mounting plate, instructions on where to mount it, size of the control module itself.
There's the knob - goes in the 12 volt outlet area, there's a cable from the knob/dial to the controller itself, then a cable from there to the truck's harness. Pretty much like most of them. Basic stuff.

DocGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
FWIW I literally just finished installing the Mopar trailer brake controller on my MT Mojave. It works great, all I had to do was get creative with where to mount the module. There’s physically no way to mount it on the aluminum bracket where the instructions say to do so.

DocGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
And for those of you are probably going to ask where I mounted the black box: I took off the steel back plate and just used some zip ties to mount it under the steering wheel. I’m sure some of you more fab savvy than myself could easily come up with an even better solution. But mine was fast and easy and required no drilling.

image.jpg

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
I've used this for towing my R-Pod for a couple of years now. Box mounts to trailer and has 12 volt plugin handheld controller. Nice part is you can tow the trailer with more than one vehicle with no effort or wiring. My wife has a Wrangler and can tow the trailer w/o having anything added to it. No wiring and controller works w/o handheld, just keeps last setting.
https://www.amazon.com/Tekonsha-902...+controller&qid=1662403231&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1

Tom

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've used this for towing my R-Pod for a couple of years now. Box mounts to trailer and has 12 volt plugin handheld controller. Nice part is you can tow the trailer with more than one vehicle with no effort or wiring. My wife has a Wrangler and can tow the trailer w/o having anything added to it. No wiring and controller works w/o handheld, just keeps last setting.
https://www.amazon.com/Tekonsha-902...+controller&qid=1662403231&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1

Tom
Guess I'm more of a "it ain't broke" guy - I can connect to any trailer and tow it.

If you have 2 or 3 trailers is the drawback I'd see. If you have a single trailer, and multiple people may want to tow it, that's good.

Other brake controllers "know" when you have pressed a brake pedal, this would have to be sensing off one of the trailer brake light lines.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And for those of you are probably going to ask where I mounted the black box: I took off the steel back plate and just used some zip ties to mount it under the steering wheel. I’m sure some of you more fab savvy than myself could easily come up with an even better solution. But mine was fast and easy and required no drilling.

Jeep Gladiator No Trailer Brake Control kit for Manual JT’s image
I had thought of doing similar - mounting it in the same area I had a REDARC controller......
Jeep Gladiator No Trailer Brake Control kit for Manual JT’s 13-20200915_114640_HDR

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
Guess I'm more of a "it ain't broke" guy - I can connect to any trailer and tow it.

If you have 2 or 3 trailers is the drawback I'd see. If you have a single trailer, and multiple people may want to tow it, that's good.

Other brake controllers "know" when you have pressed a brake pedal, this would have to be sensing off one of the trailer brake light lines.
The controller box mounted on the trailer has an inertia sensor in it for braking in addition to sensing the brake pressure. You're right if you own several trailers but we had two Jeeps that shared towing duties for one trailer so it worked out for us. The raft and driftboat trailers had no brakes. The handheld has settings for braking force and a panic button for locking up the trailer brakes. Also any vehicle can tow the trailer w/o having a builtin brake controller.

Tom

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
FWIW I literally just finished installing the Mopar trailer brake controller on my MT Mojave. It works great, all I had to do was get creative with where to mount the module. There’s physically no way to mount it on the aluminum bracket where the instructions say to do so.
Who did you buy yours through? I bought one in the Spring (I forget where) but they refused to ship it once they found out I had a MT even though I told them I was fully aware it wasn't spec'd for the MT. Still wouldn't send it. I put the project on the back burner but need to get it done one of these days.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
Who did you buy yours through? I bought one in the Spring (I forget where) but they refused to ship it once they found out I had a MT even though I told them I was fully aware it wasn't spec'd for the MT. Still wouldn't send it. I put the project on the back burner but need to get it done one of these days.
Just ordered another, this time from Northridge. Let's try this again.
Sponsored